You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Who

Stickman

Absolutely stunning performance last night at the Echo Arena, the power and energy coming off that stage from two guys pushing 70 was just incredible.

Still even now after 40 years Quadropehnia is a truly great album that hasn't dated.

We are the mods we are the mods we are we are we are the mods!!!!

Yep.

My all time top 3 is;

1. The Beatles

2. The Who

3. The Kinks

I must agree, I saw the Who a couple of years ago in Paris they were stunning, they got every body stand up for half the gig .... I had the chance to see ray Davies last year in a small venue he was great too

Absolutely stunning performance last night at the Echo Arena, the power and energy coming off that stage from two guys pushing 70 was just incredible.

Still even now after 40 years Quadropehnia is a truly great album that hasn't dated.

We are the mods we are the mods we are we are we are the mods!!!!

My brother went to it as well. He isn't a massive fan but he does like them. He has seen most of the big bands from the very early 70 s up to present day. He said they played well live and it was a great night.

I got him to do a list of best bands live he had seen.

Zeppelin he has seen three times and all three of the concerts he rates miles above any of the other concerts.

Floyd 88

Queen he has seen four times and rates the first one he thinks 71 or 72 as the best one.

Page and Plant 94

Roger waters the wall 2012

The berlin wall concert when the wall got tore down.

The black crowes 92

Dylan he has seen five or six times and says two of them would be next.

Muse

Motorhead bingley hall

The who

ac/dc

Genesis the one when Gabriel joined them on stage think it was Milton Keynes.

He has also seen the likes of Bowie three times and he use to go to concerts at least once a week through most of the 70s. His girlfriend worked for radio city and was given tickets free weekly for concerts all over the country.

I must agree, I saw the Who a couple of years ago in Paris they were stunning, they got every body stand up for half the gig .... I had the chance to see ray Davies last year in a small venue he was great too

Was it the part story telling part music night?

Went to this a few years back and he was incredible.

Great live bands lists of the 70s are not complete without SAHB. Scotland's greatest gift to popular culture.

[YOUTUBE]zqx5j-FuqeI[/YOUTUBE]

and I forgot about this...

[YOUTUBE]-0fT9BHpImI[/YOUTUBE]

He has seen alex a few times and I think next is a stunning song. Also the video of it he his tripping his balls off in it.

Was it the part story telling part music night?

Went to this a few years back and he was incredible.

Not sure , that was at the famous Olympia in Paris , half the gig he was alone on stage and then the band joined him, he kinda hinted that was his last time over here but I don t believe that.

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

Am sorry...as much as i love the Who and "Won't get fooled again" could be my funeral song (full length...no radio edit!)...but for me without the best drummer ever to pick up the sticks....and the bass player....really don't see how anyone can say The Who are still the best....only have 50% of em left!

Sorry all

I see what you're saying, but with Roger's voice and Pete's songwriting and work on the guitar - they are very much still The Who. I obviously completely agree that Keith and John could ever be bettered, but its not like they were replaced, it wasn't the fault of the remaining members than Keith and John couldn't stay away from the drugs, and therefore met a premature end.

Am sorry...as much as i love the Who and "Won't get fooled again" could be my funeral song (full length...no radio edit!)...but for me without the best drummer ever to pick up the sticks....and the bass player....really don't see how anyone can say The Who are still the best....only have 50% of em left!

Sorry all

To be fair it isn't The Who it isn't the band from the 60's and 70's when it was just the four of them producing that powerful stage show, nor could you have the energy that they produced or the anger....it's impossible.

But I think what you do get for two 69 year olds is they still have attitude they still have the passion for what they do and they genuiely enjoy it, and I think that counts for a lot.Plus they still sound fucking great.

People take the piss out the Stones and The Who for having the cheek to have gone old and still tour, but as long as you put on a great show then fair play to them.....