You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny ignored again

Fair enough.

Liverpool never looked like gaining promotion under Phil Taylor. Liverpool appointing Bill Shankly was the best thing that ever happened to them. As for being the best team in Europe' date=' that part is true. Liverpool were easily the best team in Europe in 1974.[/quote']

No, Bayern were as they won the European Cup while Liverpool only won the FA Cup.

There's a lot of people who deserve one, but will never get one. And there's a lot who have one that don't deserve it.

They tend to be given in return for massive financial contributions to the ruling party, the govan hun got his for his public support of new labour, even appearing in their party election broadcast. The point is, whilst Kenny deserves recognition, I for one am glad that he would never stoop so low as to try to gain it.

On Merseyside we have never been too impressed by Knights, Lady's and Lords, the enthusiasm of some to embrace something so alien to us bemuses me.

Kenny worked for Hillsborough becuase it was the right thing to do- not for a Knighthood. The same for Marina and her charity.

We should celbrate what makes us different, not toady up to a discredited and anchronistic system.

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure this is acceptable behaviour around these parts, but.....

... I agree with every word* Xerxes has just said. And I've repped him.

(*I disagree with some of the spelling, mind.)

• 1 month later...
Out of sheer curiosity if anybody knows how many league games did Lucas, gerrard and Suarez play in Kenny's season. I'm sure they missed a lot which would of had a big impact on where we finished, alongside the fact we were under intense media scrutiny.

Lucas and Gerrard started 12 league games each.

• Upvote 2

Brian Reade on Bill Shankly: Not just this country's greatest football man but also the most inspirational - Brian Reade - Mirror Online

I wrote to him in 1973 to tell him I’d been badgering my MP Harold Wilson to give him *something in the next Honour’s List, but met with little success.

He wrote back: “I am not really disappointed at not being *recognised. The people who dish out honours are not my people. My people go to Anfield. If I can make you all happy then that is my greatest ambition.”

I love everything about that quote.