You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny ignored again

think its a flawed ,outdated concept personally,some of the total gobshites who get honoured,i personally wouldnt want to be counted amongst them,think kenny will be quite happy in the knowledge that the ordinary fan who watched him play and his subsequent management and actions at the time of hillsborough and beyond hold him in the highest esteem.

If Beckham a skirt-wearing squeaky voiced imbecile gets knighted, then the whole thing is a joke. There has been a number of undeserved knighthoods i.e. Bobby Charlton, Trevor Brooking, Cliff Richard and Alex Ferguson.

There has been some that deserved in no certain terms to be knighted. Bobby Moore and the other 8 of the world cup winning team that weren't. Bill Shankly, Bob Paisley, Joe Fagan( The first manager in English football to win a treble) and Brian Clough and Jock Stein.

Kenny Dalglish was revered at two football clubs. His 27 major club medals was outstanding. Kenny Dalglish was firstly crowned the ''Prince of Parkhead'' then in 1977, he was crowned ''King of the KOP''. There is also his managerial career and his charity work. The man is a living legend of the highest order, and has done a hell of a lot more than Bobby ''five medals'' Charlton.

Good. Rather than join the likes of bacon chops, ticket tout, and Saville, he remains in the exhalted company of Bill, Bob, Tony Benn, and every other great man that refused to kiss establishment arse and suck prime ministerial cock.

Besides, a king ranks far higher than a knight.

Good. Rather than join the likes of bacon chops, ticket tout, and Saville, he remains in the exhalted company of Bill, Bob, Tony Benn, and every other great man that refused to kiss establishment arse and suck prime ministerial cock.

Besides, a king ranks far higher than a knight.

Who is ''Ticket tout'? Kenny is a class above that mother disowning, sympathy seeking, gobby ''I have an opinon even when it doesn't concern me'' bastard Charlton.

He's the self proclaimed ''Gentleman of the English game''. The reality is he's not. The reality is, he's as welcome in his home city of Newcastle as Hitler at a barmitvah and Graeme Rix at an under 16s disco. His own brother Jack hates him. The ''Gentleman of the English game'' is Ian Callaghan who after a 20 year career with Liverpool and Swansea and 900 appearances was booked just once for back-chatting a referee.

Who is ''Ticket tout'? Kenny is a class above that mother disowning, sympathy seeking, gobby ''I have an opinon even when it doesn't concern me'' bastard Charlton.

He's the self proclaimed ''Gentleman of the English game''. The reality is he's not. The reality is, he's as welcome in his home city of Newcastle as Hitler at a barmitvah and Graeme Rix at an under 16s disco. His own brother Jack hates him. The ''Gentleman of the English game'' is Ian Callaghan who after a 20 year career with Liverpool and Swansea and 900 appearances was booked just once for back-chatting a referee.

Ticket tout is Bobby Charlton, or Bobby Charlton is a ticket tout if you prefer. He was once caught selling his OT comps.

Ticket tout is Bobby Charlton, or Bobby Charlton is a ticket tout if you prefer. He was once caught selling his OT comps.

I prefer to call him the mother disowning bastard. He's scum of the highest order. He used to have an operation every summer to remove his head from Matt Busbys arse. Even George Best said he was a massive brown-noser.

I know Emlyn Hughes was a well known brown-noser, but Charlton was far worse.

I don't want him knighted. I'd hate to see the King relegated to the same level as Alex Ferguson.

This is as correct as correct can be.

Would anyone really want to see Dalglish in the "pantheon" of Jimmy Saville, Philip Green, Bernard Ingham and all the multifarious cunts called "Sir"?

Met the king at an event at seaforth docks to mark the ground breaking of the new liverpool 2 river berth.bobby Charlton there too had brief chat with them both,my mum came from ashington,same as the Charltons, took kennys book with me and just managed to get him to sign it before he got served his dessert at the meal.great day,lovely food,drinks and entertained by Bond,four piece female international classical recording stars,and heather small,ex.M people with backing singers.

It's no good saying Kenny shouldn't be knighted because quite a few knights are twats. That's like saying he shouldn't have been player of the year because quite a few former players of the year were twats. There isn't an award around that hasn't gone to a few people we don't like. If you want to avoid being sullied by association with unpleasant people, live in a cave. The point is, if anyone deserves an award, Kenny does, and he should get it.

It's no good saying Kenny shouldn't be knighted because quite a few knights are twats. That's like saying he shouldn't have been player of the year because quite a few former players of the year were twats. There isn't an award around that hasn't gone to a few people we don't like. If you want to avoid being sullied by association with unpleasant people, live in a cave. The point is, if anyone deserves an award, Kenny does, and he should get it.

There's a lot of people who deserve one, but will never get one. And there's a lot who have one that don't deserve it.

They tend to be given in return for massive financial contributions to the ruling party, the govan hun got his for his public support of new labour, even appearing in their party election broadcast. The point is, whilst Kenny deserves recognition, I for one am glad that he would never stoop so low as to try to gain it.

OK, I'll try a different tack: Kenny shouldn't be knighted, because the people handing out the gewgaws are twats.

It's just sickening that undeserving people got them and the deserving didn't.

Here's some that didn't that deserved to.

Bill Shankly.

Turned a mid-table 2nd division team into the best team in Europe.

Bob Paisley.

The most successful manager ever, 13 major honours in just 9 remarkable seasons. The ONLY manager to win 3 European Cups.

Brian Clough

He won two titles with two different English sides and won back to back European Cups. He's only the second manager in England to do that. Bob Paisley being the first.

Bobby Moore. World cup winning captain. The other 8 members of that team should also have been knighted.

Those that were knighted and undeservedly son

Bobby ''Ticket Tout'' Charlton. Knighted for surviving a plane crash.

Alex Ferguson. Knighted for funding a political parties election campaign.

Trevor Brooking. Knighted for scoring a goal in an FA Cup final in 1980.

I agree with you mate, and we could compile long lists all day of the deserving and undeserving ,but I just feel as a concept,the whole honors system is flawed.im not a royalist, but do love my country and our armed forces,have countless arguments with ex. Forces work mates .who think I'm a bolshy bastard,but I love my country as much as them. ,but don't get the queen and country thing.country yes,and don't get me wrong,I wish the royal family no harm whatsoever, but I think there are some right smug bastards in their ranks.and as a concept, I think it's had its day,and please, don't tell me how much the tourists spend to come and see the royal palaces etc.,most of them would come anyway. Rant over,yes I've had a drink.good night ,God save the queen!

I agree with you mate, and we could compile long lists all day of the deserving and undeserving ,but I just feel as a concept,the whole honors system is flawed.im not a royalist, but do love my country and our armed forces,have countless arguments with ex. Forces work mates .who think I'm a bolshy bastard,but I love my country as much as them. ,but don't get the queen and country thing.country yes,and don't get me wrong,I wish the royal family no harm whatsoever, but I think there are some right smug bastards in their ranks.and as a concept, I think it's had its day,and please, don't tell me how much the tourists spend to come and see the royal palaces etc.,most of them would come anyway. Rant over,yes I've had a drink.good night ,God save the queen!

drunk or not mate that's a good post!

It's just sickening that undeserving people got them and the deserving didn't.

Here's some that didn't that deserved to.

Bill Shankly.

Turned a mid-table 2nd division team into the best team in Europe.

As good as he was, he didn't inherit a mid-table 2nd division team. We were 3rd or 4th in the seasons before he arrived. Many people maintain that the players deliberately avoiding gaining promotion because of the maximum wage in place at the time. They could earn more in win bonuses in the 2nd division.

As good as he was, he didn't inherit a mid-table 2nd division team. We were 3rd or 4th in the seasons before he arrived. Many people maintain that the players deliberately avoiding gaining promotion because of the maximum wage in place at the time. They could earn more in win bonuses in the 2nd division.

Fair enough.

Liverpool never looked like gaining promotion under Phil Taylor. Liverpool appointing Bill Shankly was the best thing that ever happened to them. As for being the best team in Europe, that part is true. Liverpool were easily the best team in Europe in 1974.

At the very least, it would seriously piss off idiots like these:

Kenny Dalglish knighthood e-petition | Spurscommunity

and he deserves it far more than Charlton.

I don't think there's anything too idiotic on there. Some of the comments are a lot more favourable than I'd expect and the stuff about Bill Nicholson being under-appreciated is probably true. Apart from that, there's just the expected football banter and the stink of Evra's lies (and you can't blame fans of other clubs for believing what they're told about that).