You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't think the Suffragette that threw herself under a horse was worried about voided bets of the race to be champion trainer do you, you myopic motherfuckers?

Her husband was the big winner that day.

(Excuse the double post, although it is worth emphasising.)

They are deporting him because he broke the law, fucked up something that has sporting and cultural significance to this country at a time when everyone was panicking like shit about the possibility of the Olympics being fucked up and becoming an all round disaster. Taking all those things into account, including the fact he didn't have a tangible message that he wanted to raise and bring to the public means he's a cunt. We already have loads of cunts so he can return to his beautiful country and perhaps other cunts might not do the same in the future.

I know an Australian newspaper owner who has done far worse than this fella and is welcomed with open arms every time he's in the country.

I've no doubt he owns many properties too and one of his newspapers was complicit in a 1989 cover up of epic proportions.

No chance of him being deported though despite fucking up our national sport and all it stands for.

On Newsnight now. Desperately trying to think of something he protested about.

Even if he just thought 'fuck it' and dived in to the water without any redeeming protest that the British establishment and yourself would deem worthy enough, deporting him is wrong.

I've avoided this thread as I commented on the initial one, but whilst I'll reiterate that I think he's a stupid cunt who did this for nothing more than to have a tale to tell his mates about Pommy-baiting and acting the Larrakin, him being deported is a joke - that's surely beyond argument?

I will be seeing if on his return to Australia his apparent interest in the concept of social justice manifests itself in him going to work with, or at least help highlight the plight of, his indigenous countrymen - three quarters of whom fail to even reach the age of 65 and whose overall life expectancy is twenty years less than their non-indigenous counterparts. If so, I'll be retracting my initial observation obviously.

That said, even if he doesn't, and it was all just him taking the piss, he should never have been deported for it in the first place - and I guess that's where this discussion has evolved as highlighted by Bossy above.

On Newsnight now. Desperately trying to think of something he protested about.

You seem completely unable to comprehend the notion that it doesn't matter what he was protesting about, or if we agree or disagree that what he cares about is worth caring about, it's that he's being deported for a peaceful protest.

The fact that political activism and protest groups are being monitored and infiltrated by the state in the same way as terrorist organisations often are should actually worry people. You know all that "you shouldn't be worried about them recording your calls and reading your emails if you're doing nothing wrong" is bollocks when they deem "wrong" to be stuff that makes positive changes for the many.

You seem completely unable to comprehend the notion that it doesn't matter what he was protesting about, or if we agree or disagree that what he cares about is worth caring about, it's that he's being deported for a peaceful protest.

The fact that political activism and protest groups are being monitored and infiltrated by the state in the same way as terrorist organisations often are should actually worry people. You know all that "you shouldn't be worried about them recording your calls and reading your emails if you're doing nothing wrong" is bollocks when they deem "wrong" to be stuff that makes positive changes for the many.

You seem completely unable to comprehend that he wasn't protesting about anything, he was being a twat. You are trying to dress him up as a modern day Che Guevara or Robin Hood when he's nothing more than a whinging Ozzie that's now realised his little jolly jape didn't make him famous for 15 mins but got him a free trip home.

I wonder if you'd have been so enthusiastic if he'd have been an EDL supporter.

I know an Australian newspaper owner who has done far worse than this fella and is welcomed with open arms every time he's in the country.

I've no doubt he owns many properties too and one of his newspapers was complicit in a 1989 cover up of epic proportions.

No chance of him being deported though despite fucking up our national sport and all it stands for.

Yep, Murdoch is a cunt too. Hate the bloke. Next?

Murdoch is an American citizen. USA...you're welcome!

This "Trenton" is a fuckwit. I'd like to register a protest at his deportation on the grounds that we are already well supplied with fuckwits in Oz. You can have him.

This 'peaceful protest' wasn't a peaceful protest at all though was it. Or even a protest. He commited a criminal offence and disrupted a world renowned sporting event with an audience of millions. He's since been moaning about his predicament and his treatment to anyone who'll listen, shown zero remorse and the authorities are within their rights to deem him capable of doing something similar. He's hardly helping himself by appearing on Newsnight to complain about how he's been treated for committing a criminal offence and is claiming the charges were trumped up to ensure he went to jail.

As far as the boat race and his "protest" is concerned, just because it doesn't happen to be many peoples' sport (including me) it doesn't make it any less of a wankish thing to do. If he'd been from tha EDL, Fathers for Justice, or the Vegetarians' Sandal-Knitting League I may not have agreed with what he was saying but at least he'd be saying something. Even today, though, he's aimlessly dribbling something about the (British) government and capitalism. The bloke is a div.

Incidentally, he's not being deported to Australia, he's being asked to leave the UK. I'm sure he'll be welcome in Ireland or France.

Even if he just thought 'fuck it' and dived in to the water without any redeeming protest that the British establishment and yourself would deem worthy enough, deporting him is wrong.

I'll say it again Lurtz, slower.

This 'peaceful protest' wasn't a peaceful protest at all though was it. Or even a protest. He commited a criminal offence and disrupted a world renowned sporting event with an audience of millions. He's since been moaning about his predicament and his treatment to anyone who'll listen, shown zero remorse and the authorities are within their rights to deem him capable of doing something similar. He's hardly helping himself by appearing on Newsnight to complain about how he's been treated for committing a criminal offence and is claiming the charges were trumped up to ensure he went to jail.

As far as the boat race and his "protest" is concerned, just because it doesn't happen to be many peoples' sport (including me) it doesn't make it any less of a wankish thing to do. If he'd been from tha EDL, Fathers for Justice, or the Vegetarians' Sandal-Knitting League I may not have agreed with what he was saying but at least he'd be saying something. Even today, though, he's aimlessly dribbling something about the (British) government and capitalism. The bloke is a div.

Incidentally, he's not being deported to Australia, he's being asked to leave the UK. I'm sure he'll be welcome in Ireland or France.

He is being deported. I don't think people are saying he is being sent back to Australia, just that he is being deported.

Murdoch is an American citizen. USA...you're welcome!

This "Trenton" is a fuckwit. I'd like to register a protest at his deportation on the grounds that we are already well supplied with fuckwits in Oz. You can have him.

I know hes an American citizen but hes still an Aussie in my book.

You lot arent passing the cunt off that easily.

I would have thought the easiest thing to do would be to send the Australian fella back to Australia rather than spend any more money on him. He can then protest to his hearts content without the risk of deportation.

If I serve beans on my fry ups I dont want him coming round my house protesting about it, no, particularly when they are served in his house.