You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The guy has lived here for 10 years,it was a peaceful protest,no one was hurt it wasn't an act of terrorism, so why should that mean someone gets deported? The jury even told the judge to be lenient, he probably wouldn't have even got a custodial sentence until Tory MP Michael Ellis got involve.

This. I didn't agree with what he did but be was punished, he served his time, and his wife is British. Ironic that we keep hearing about a shortage of doctors and the government are suggesting she can go to Australia with him.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He took a big risk, in fact two risks. The first was that he wouldn't drown, the second was he wouldn't get deported. Looks like he won one and lost one.

He disrupted an internationally famous sporting event, something so big that a load of shyster football fans like us know all about. The blokes in the boat train like fuckers for years to get there and he ruined it. Kick the cunt out. Remember the Aussie PM making a speech a few months ago that went along the lines of "you know what Australia stands for, you know what we like/don't like. We welcome everyone with open arms but if you seek to disrupt or change us well we'll boot you out"

He took a big risk, in fact two risks. The first was that he wouldn't drown, the second was he wouldn't get deported. Looks like he won one and lost one.

He disrupted an internationally famous sporting event, something so big that a load of shyster football fans like us know all about. The blokes in the boat train like fuckers for years to get there and he ruined it. Kick the cunt out. Remember the Aussie PM making a speech a few months ago that went along the lines of "you know what Australia stands for, you know what we like/don't like. We welcome everyone with open arms but if you seek to disrupt or change us well we'll boot you out"

This. In fact, make him swim home.

He took a big risk' date=' in fact two risks. The first was that he wouldn't drown, the second was he wouldn't get deported. Looks like he won one and lost one.

He disrupted an internationally famous sporting event, something so big that a load of shyster football fans like us know all about. The blokes in the boat train like fuckers for years to get there and he ruined it. Kick the cunt out. Remember the Aussie PM making a speech a few months ago that went along the lines of "you know what Australia stands for, you know what we like/don't like. We welcome everyone with open arms but if you seek to disrupt or change us well we'll boot you out"[/quote']

What does our country stand for? Boat races, not being Aussies?

Anyway 20 minutes after the race was disrupted they did it all again and one or other of them won.

Deporting the idiot for this and particularly considering his circumstances is nothing more than the establishment showing what they can get done. Load of fucking bollocks.

Guest San Don
What taxes, he works and is a net profit tax payer. He's been long released if, as seems, you dont know much about it at all.

His wife is british and is pregnant with his baby.

He's not working and paying taxes when he's in the nick is he? Too many fucking crims use the excuse they have a british wife, cat or mouse that needs to be supported as a means to evade the law.

Well, he should have fucking thought of the consequences before he slipped into old father thames then, shouldnt he?

So basically if you protest in countries we don't like....Syria,Iran,China,Libya etc.....then to Dave and Theresa then that is good.

Protest in the UK then that is bad.....

The guy should never have even been jailed in the first place it was only because he upset the toffs at a boat race. Although I guess things have moved on as it wasn't so long ago the "establishment" deported you for belonging to a Union....but I'm sure there are a few on this thread who would like that to continue

"Elite ruin the economy= big fat pension"....

"Elite get their boat race ruined = Prison"

With a first name of Trenton (who the fuck calls their kid 'trenton' ffs?), he's hardly working class stock taking class action, is he?

He's as much of a fucking prick as the nobs in the boat race.

Why would it matter if he's not working class?

Anyway, deporting him, legitimate protest or not, seems a bit strong to me.

He's not working and paying taxes when he's in the nick is he? Too many fucking crims use the excuse they have a british wife, cat or mouse that needs to be supported as a means to evade the law.

Well, he should have fucking thought of the consequences before he slipped into old father thames then, shouldnt he?

Dont jail him then??

He isnt evading the law is he? Where did you get that from? What law has he broken sorry?

They should jail the boaters for getting in the way of a man taking a swim in the Thames river. Why should they have the right of way over someone swimming in the water? Its a free land.

Dont jail him then??

He isnt evading the law is he? Where did you get that from? What law has he broken sorry?

They should jail the boaters for getting in the way of a man taking a swim in the Thames river. Why should they have the right of way over someone swimming in the water? Its a free land.

I'd imagine the organisers have a licence for sole use of that stretch of river on the day, in the same way as any festival in a park does. That it's public land at any other time doesn't come into it, you can no more go for a dip in the river than walk your dogs across a stage in Hyde Park.

As for laws, i'm pretty ignorant of such things, but i'd bet stuff like public nuisance, endangering the safety of others etc.

Take the class of the people in the boats out of it, and what you've got is an attention seeker, putting on a shit "protest" and seeking to fuck up a public event.

Whether he should be deported or not is another issue though.

Guest San Don
Dont jail him then??

Oh I see. So someone commits a crime and depending on their net worth to the exchequer, you decide whether they should spend time at Her Maj's Pleasure or not? A kind of 'poll tax' punishment!?

Yeah, Im sure you'll be singing that song when some seriously rich bastard serves no prison sentence for a crime they committed while some poor sap working hard to make ends meet gets sent down because he's not contributing much in the way of taxes!

Dont jail him then??

He was charged with causing a public nuisance, the catch all for people acting like a cunt. It's probably the same law that would stop me from disrupting a political debate by shouting TWAT at the top of my voice.

I'd imagine the organisers have a licence for sole use of that stretch of river on the day' date=' in the same way as any festival in a park does. That it's public land at any other time doesn't come into it, you can no more go for a dip in the river than walk your dogs across a stage in Hyde Park.[/b']

As for laws, i'm pretty ignorant of such things, but i'd bet stuff like public nuisance, endangering the safety of others etc.

Take the class of the people in the boats out of it, and what you've got is an attention seeker, putting on a shit "protest" and seeking to fuck up a public event.

Whether he should be deported or not is another issue though.

A licence? Who owns the thames??

Whose life did he endanger? How do you in all honesty, claim to know what his motives were?

A licence? Who owns the thames??

Whose life did he endanger? How do you in all honesty, claim to know what his motives were?

You are right, even he didn't know what his motives were, he was merely being a cunt.

In other news his wife is called Deepa, now that's funny.

Unless they actually have conclusive evidence that Oldfield's presence in the UK is a threat to national security or the public at large, the Home Office's decision is one of utter fucking stupidity. My guess is that they don't.

Unless they actually have conclusive evidence that Oldfield's presence in the UK is a threat to national security or the public at large, the Home Office's decision is one of utter fucking stupidity. My guess is that they don't.

Let's see how long a foreign national would last in Australia for pulling a similar stunt. Fuck him. He should have considered the consequences of his actions before he took them.