You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

He handled that with class to be fair.

He's a great man and I'm sad to see him get sacked.

It was hard to tell whether the beeb had been a bit shithouse about it there or not, couldn't tell if they'd agreed it with him or just ambushed him, looked a bit rabbit in headlights - understandably.

It was hard to tell whether the beeb had been a bit shithouse about it there or not, couldn't tell if they'd agreed it with him or just ambushed him, looked a bit rabbit in headlights - understandably.

I got the impression that they went through the questions with him before half time and he was happy to get his side across first

I got the impression that they went through the questions with him before half time and he was happy to get his side across first

That's exactly what happened. The presenter Mark Chapman even pointed out that while the first half of the Spain match was on air, a BBC staff member learned about this (it was on SSN that I first learned of it because I was keeping tabs on the cricket final too, so I'm guessing this might be where the news broke - either that or the BBC guy is a Brighton fan) and printed off the statement that Brighton had put on their website announcing the sacking, and this was shown to Poyet while the game was going on. It was certainly not a case of Poyet being told while he was on air for maximum impact.

If Poyet is being truthful in saying that nobody at the club bothered to tell him first, then that is definitely a shithouse thing to do by the club. For the record, does anybody actually know what Poyet (and some of his staff who also got sacked) is meant to have done in breach of club rules? I don't think I've seen or heard anything that actually spells out what the issue was.

Guest San Don
[YOUTUBE]9RNOYRWs9xs&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Kinell. Looks like they told him so dont think they sprung it on him. That chapman's a twat (and a manc) so his look of concern is probably false.

Guest San Don
whats the reason?

we he the culprit for smearing the shit on the walls during the palace game?

Not sure about that but, didnt he say when they lost the play off to palace that he was going to consider his position at the club and look at his options?

Maybe the brighton owners didnt like the fact that he may have got the drop on them first or something?

Not sure about that but, didnt he say when they lost the play off to palace that he was going to consider his position at the club and look at his options?

Maybe the brighton owners didnt like the fact that he may have got the drop on them first or something?

That's the reason he was suspended, and the statement said his contract was terminated as a result of the investigation into his suspension.

He suggested he could do better elsewhere I think, and Brighton didn't like the sound of that, so said he was in breach of his contract and suspended him.

He's a great guy is Gus

He managed my side at the EFA tournament last November and we came runners up on the second tier competition I'd simply say just to his enthusiasm.

He's also off his rocker but a really nice guy. Didn't think the BBC caught him off guard, looked preloaded to me but still shite for Brighton to do.

He's a great guy is Gus

He managed my side at the EFA tournament last November and we came runners up on the second tier competition I'd simply say just to his enthusiasm.

He's also off his rocker but a really nice guy. Didn't think the BBC caught him off guard' date=' looked preloaded to me but still shite for Brighton to do.[/quote']

You know the rules Jon, pics or GTFO.

Thants is behind this, mark my words.

What a mess. There's no way he didn't know. His advisers and him were told at 9am yesterday. Presumably Brighton waited a bit too long for a response and sent out an ill judged panic statement knowing he was going to be on live TV, playing into Gus' hands. He got us playing great football (but had a lot of failings including not coming back from a goal down since August 2011) but talking to Reading without permission, and his relationship with Barber (sacked him at Spurs and arrived this season) started all this and he's been walking dead for months.

You think Rogers talks too much, Gus is a livewire. Great when it's going well but the fallout is harsh.

Hopefully Oscar is still interested.

Talking to Reading without permission? That would certainly constitute a breach of contract, but is it actually true? Also, is that the supposed breach for which Brighton suspended, investigated and then sacked him? If so, how come a few other members of the coaching staff were suspended too?

The bit about Poyet and the CEO having a bit of previous from their time at Spurs is interesting because it seems to suggest that the CEO was just waiting for any sort of slip-up from him.

The whole thing is a mess alright.

Talking to Reading without permission? That would certainly constitute a breach of contract, but is it actually true? Also, is that the supposed breach for which Brighton suspended, investigated and then sacked him? If so, how come a few other members of the coaching staff were suspended too?

The bit about Poyet and the CEO having a bit of previous from their time at Spurs is interesting because it seems to suggest that the CEO was just waiting for any sort of slip-up from him.

The whole thing is a mess alright.

Yeah it was talking to Reading being in breach of his contract. He also didn't do himself many favours by seemingly blaming the chairman for the play-off defeat saying that he didn't have enough backing. While in the brand new stadium that just had it's capacity increased after 1 season.