You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Simon Mignolet

Don't know if he's the best in the league but he's been a huge improvement and better than Begovic imo.  I was happy we made the move on improving on Reina but wanted the Stoke keeper.  

Very impressed so far.  His kicking does need to improve but it's a very minor gripe when he's stopping us concede so often.

Begovic has been fucking throwing them in since they played us. No doubt he's saving his next worldy for when we go there, the fucking melt.

Decided on Begovic in my Fantasy Football team as I didn't think Everton would put much past him, forgot how gash his defence is.

He's getting the boot from my side and Ming The Merceless is now in!

• 1 month later...

This has been in my head everytime the TV mentions Mignolet so I thought I'd share it with you all in hope that it will stop happening. Do what you want with it, you don't have to thank me. 

Oh our Mignolet, oh our Mignolet, Oh our Mignolet, Oh our Mignolet

If you shoot then he's gonna get his hand on it

Oh oh oh oh-oh oh oh

(shake your booties if you want like Bouncey does. Girlfriend.)

Bye.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

“I didn’t play the last two weeks and I don’t want it to be any longer,” said Mignolet. “I look at it positively. I hope to play against United. I still feel confident because of my good league start. Against Arsenal, Tottenham and Leicester I have been important for the team by making some good saves.

“I have the advantage that the game against United is only Monday so I can have a full preparation.

“I don’t know what the coach will decide. I can just prepare myself 100%. Whether I play or not, nothing will change my match preparation. It is not in my character to not give 100%.”

Mignolet claims Liverpool fans have been supportive of the manner in which he has greeted losing his starting role.

“Every time you sit on the bench it hurts,” he told reporters in Belgium.

“I’m also a lot more nervous on the bench than on the pitch. But the intention is to play again as soon as possible.

“The important thing is that I try to handle to situation the best I can. I think my response has been positive. It was also appreciated by the supporters.”

Writing in his ECHO column last week, John Aldridge stated Mignolet should be recalled for the visit of United.

And the Belgian said: “That’s certainly nice to hear, when such opinion comes from someone who has meant so much for the club. But most of all it is the support of family and friends that I am rising to.

“I hope to win my place back as soon as possible. As for the rest, I think the national team and Liverpool are two separate things.

“I want to play with the national team, just as I want to play at my club.”

Mignolet is behind Thibaut Courtois in the pecking order for Belgium and was an unused substitute in the World Cup qualifying wins over Bosnia-Herzegovina on Friday and Gibraltar on Monday.

Nevertheless, he feels in peak condition. “I’m sharp,” said Mignolet. “I try to watch my food, and my wife Jasmien says I sometimes exaggerate.

“But I see my body as an instrument and you have to be professional.

“Between training sessions I go to the gym with the national team. It has become easier now that we train in Tubize, the new facility for the Belgian FA.

“There is a good gym in the hotel. Eden Hazard has teased me a few times already that I’m there way too often.”

Mignolet, meanwhile, has positive words about former Everton manager Roberto Martinez, who took over as new Belgium boss after Euro 2016.

“He appreciates that I contribute my bit, for example when practising set-pieces,” he said. “In England it is only normal that a goalkeeper gives some instructions.

“Him and his assistant coach (Graeme Jones) appreciate my help. I recently had a conversation with (Roberto) Martinez. He is a very jovial man.”