You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Simon Mignolet

You'd play a 2-3-1 with Gerrard and Lucas, then Suarez, Coutinho and Moses with Sturridge. So Aspas I guess when Suarez is back

On the right or left?

Played on the left for Nigeria (and was decent) during the African Cup on Nations. Haven't really seen him play much for Chelsea.

I think we need a left footer for the right hand side. We've loads of players who can play on the left - Coutinho, Aspas, Suarez, and the two kids.

Hmm, I don't think any of them are particularly effective on the right. All of our aimless crosses come from that side. It also lessens Johnson's ability to attack.

Lamela or Yarmolenko would be perfect. Inside forwards to cut inside and pass/shoot. Fullbacks to provide the width.

Oh aye I'm not saying Moss is the ideal signing or anything but when people keeping mentioning Chelsea as ripe for plucking, Moses is the obvious one forum me. Affordable, probably available, good enough. He's better than Chelseas bench.

Johnson doesn't really attack so much as provide an outlet. Moses isn't really a winger whose hugs the touchline

None - Apart from unsourced Mata rumours - take with pinch of salt.

haha I hate when ones like this pop up, I know there is next to no chance of it happening but can't help but scrawl through twitter hoping one of these supposed "ITK" types has something on it.

With regards to Mata though, I think Chelsea are mad if they really are letting him go, still their best player imo, suppose the line up tomorrow night will be the biggest hint yet if they want him or not

He did, game after game after game. Usually he did not have to throw himself after the ball though as his excellent positioning made him just catch them.

Most professional goalkeepers have excellent positioning. It is beat into them from an early age. Are you trying to say that mignolet was poorly positioned for that shot?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
He did, game after game after game. Usually he did not have to throw himself after the ball though as his excellent positioning made him just catch them.

So why didn't he do that against Villa?

Can you please give me an example, just one will do, when a shot was hit from 14/15yrds and about as hard as a human can possibly smash it, and Reina being so well positioned that he just calmly caught it? Just one. I mean, it's a 'routine' save, so it shouldn't be too hard to name 10 or 20 of them. I just want one.

He didnt. Not for the past 18 months. Far too many goals conceded where Reina seemed rooted to the spot.

He was ace for us for a time but the move was the best thing for both him and the club as it had gone a bit stale.

Mignolet has been impressive

hi Code, can you tell me your thoughts on that website you use to rate players having Mignolet higher than Reina last year?

He won't because he's a shithouse cunt who hides behind stats, except when they prove him wrong.

The most tedious cunt on this site.

Back on topic I've been impressed with Mignolet so far, feared the worst when he flapped at that corner last week which lead to Huth's shot, but he's doing well.

There's no way you can compare him with Pepe; you just don't know what keepers will do in certain situations.

Bare facts of the matter is that he's made 3 outstanding saves in 2 games that have prevented goals, would Pepe have done the same? You can't say - although Code might trot out some useless stats to prove a point.

He didnt. Not for the past 18 months. Far too many goals conceded where Reina seemed rooted to the spot.

He was ace for us for a time but the move was the best thing for both him and the club as it had gone a bit stale.

Mignolet has been impressive

Agree with all that.

I reckon he'll be a lot better with Napoli this season than he was for us over last two years due to piqued pride and feeling like he has something to prove, but that's just human nature.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Agree with all that.

I reckon he'll be a lot better with Napoli this season than he was for us over last two years due to piqued pride and feeling like he has something to prove, but that's just human nature.

I very much hope so. Either Mignolet will be shit, and we'll get Reina back refreshed, or he'll be worth more money if Mignolet carries on doing well.

I very much hope so. Either Mignolet will be shit, and we'll get Reina back refreshed, or he'll be worth more money if Mignolet carries on doing well.

Definitely.

My only gripe with Pepe would be that open letter on Facebook ('I can't believe they treated me like this!') as I naively had him marked down as being less delusional and self-obsessed than most in his profession. It was almost like he completely forgot about his, his father's and his agent's constant skirt-hiking in the direction of the Nou Camp.