You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Simon Mignolet

Fungus' mental process before posting this:

"God, I miss Reina"

"How can I slag off Mignolet?"

"How many goals has he conceded... None. Hmn"

"Right, but what about pre-season. One in seven games. Fuck"

"Ah, but how many points has he earned... 4 already. Oh"

"Reina probably would have saved them anyway... drat, look at those gifs"

"He kicked out of touch. Yeah, post about that".

Ha! Not quite, I thought Reina was one of the very best in his first few years but he had definitely tailed off (although was regaining it slightly last year)

Mignolet I've liked for years and is always my fantasy team keeper! I think he's great, was just pointing out that every kick seemed to go for a throw in and it's something he needs to work on.

Unless you're some sort of mongoloid imbecile who thinks I'm saying Reina has literally never once caught a ball, I don't see the issue. Reina rarely 'took a cross', he punched it. Usually not very well, which is why Mignolet was more successful at it than him.

Haha. More bollocks.

"Mignolet has made a total of 8 saves for #LFC in two games so far. Pepe Reina made 8 in total in the first 5 games last season, conceding 10"

*Lights blue touch-paper and runs off

*Gets cock out and Pisses all over blue touch paper as stats as shit as that are no basis to form an opinion*.

I didn't say he didn't make any decent saves.

He had some very good games and was close to his best in 2013 - like Wigan away. He's a good keeper, about three years ago he was one of the best in the world. He still is one of the best with his feet and distribution. But he wasn't making as many top saves like he used to do and Mignolet has shown a keeper making important saves can make a massive difference.

I don't think Reina in the form he was the last two years would have saved that shot from Benteke, it was a top draw save and one Mignolet has no right to save.

I didn't say he didn't make any decent saves.

He had some very good games - like Wigan away. He's a good keeper, about three years ago he was one of the best in the world. He still is one of the best with his feet and distribution. But he wasn't making as many top saves like he used to do and Mignolet has shown a keeper making important saves can make a massive difference.

I don't think Reina in the form he was the last two years would have saved that shot from Benteke, it was a top draw save and one Mignolet has no right to save.

I'd have been disappointed if Mignolet had let that in. Think it's save he should be making.

Im sorry but thats a camera save for me, Lovely height and well within arms distance.

Edit.. Unless you mean the second one which was a reaction save, still very close to the keeper.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
The saves Mignolet made yesterday were saves i would expect any Liverpool keeper to make, be it Reina, Dudek,Kirkland, Westerveld whoever.

Yes, you said. Unfortunately Reina wasn't making those types of saves. As illustrated in by the goals he conceded against Villa last season.

I find it really weird that you're trying to big up Reina's shot-stopping ability, which was probably the weakest part of his game even at his best, yet belittling Mignolet's saves. Yet when Reina faced much less tricky shots by the same player against the same team, he fell in a heap.

I'd have been disappointed if Mignolet had let that in. Think it's save he should be making.

Im sorry but thats a camera save for me, Lovely height and well within arms distance.

It took a deflection off Toure and was hit incredibly hard and in the corner.

Top class save!

*Gets cock out and Pisses all over blue touch paper as stats as shit as that are no basis to form an opinion*.

haha I'm not actually taking anything from that stat hence why I put the blue touch-paper bit but it is worth some consideration as I don't think the defence is any worse than last season as Jairzinho suggests, in face if I recall correctly the defense looked awful at the start of last season

I only need my eyes to see that Mig is fucking ace!

The saves Mignolet made yesterday were saves i would expect any Liverpool keeper to make, be it Reina, Dudek,Kirkland, Westerveld whoever.

Mignolet's second save from Benteke yesterday was more difficult than 3 of the goals Pepe conceded against Villa last season, imo.

haha I'm not actually taking anything from that stat hence why I put the blue touch-paper bit but it is worth some consideration as I don't think the defence is any worse than last season as Jairzinho suggests, in face if I recall correctly the defense looked awful at the start of last season

I only need my eyes to see that Mig is fucking ace!

I wasn't being serious, just illustrating that a fairly meaningless stat from a minute sample size doesn't prove anything.

Top class save!

Those type could go either way tbh - one you would hope he makes but certainly they go in, against good keepers, every week

We took our one chance for the goal and Miggsy took his on our end.

3 points. If either don't - 1 point.

In the past few seasons we have had more times than not when neither do.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Hardly any time to react!

[YOUTUBE]EzB687_4UEs[/YOUTUBE]

Reina would have saved that. Like this one, which wasn't struck as well and was from further out.

nB0rSjL7-bc

Ha! Not quite, I thought Reina was one of the very best in his first few years but he had definitely tailed off (although was regaining it slightly last year)

Mignolet I've liked for years and is always my fantasy team keeper! I think he's great, was just pointing out that every kick seemed to go for a throw in and it's something he needs to work on.

That's clearly bullshit. This is war and in war you are either for us or against us. There is no in-between. Black or white. 1 or 0.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I didn't even want Mignolet, to be honest. I wanted Begovic.

I don't think we should turn this thread into a Reina vs Mignolet battle.

Reina has gone on loan for various reasons. Let's hope he does well, to either raise his value for when we sell or to come back and compete with Mignolet (the latter being less likely).

Let's just be happy we have Mignolet and he is helping us get maximum points by making crucial saves.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It's not Reina vs Mignolet. It's people denying Mignolet's good work because they like Reina. I like Reina, too. That's why my name is number 25 in Spanish. If they're going to do that, though, and it's devoid of reality, then I think it's fair game to show how Reina did against the same player with a very similar (albeit not as difficult) shot.

I'd have much preferred to have kept Reina and got a new DM. We'd be having the same debate now, because some people are irrationally defensive of Lucas.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Which is pretty much what a lot of people have been saying.

Every Mignolet save doesn't need a "Hehe Reina would have just fallen over there, the shit cunt".

Or, indeed, using the same quoting method, 'Mignolet is so fucking shit because I love Reina'. Direct quote.

I'd have much preferred to have kept Reina and got a new DM. We'd be having the same debate now, because some people are irrationally defensive of Lucas.

I'd have rather that as well. But not because Lucas is weak, he's a very important player and has shown that already this season. But because he is the only DM we have and if Lucas gets injured I think we'll struggle.