You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Simon Mignolet

Fungus' mental process before posting this:

"God, I miss Reina"

"How can I slag off Mignolet?"

"How many goals has he conceded... None. Hmn"

"Right, but what about pre-season. One in seven games. Fuck"

"Ah, but how many points has he earned... 4 already. Oh"

"Reina probably would have saved them anyway... drat, look at those gifs"

"He kicked out of touch. Yeah, post about that".

Also, it's not true. At the start of last season when Rodgers was setting up his system there were a couple of times when Reina made some horrible kicks under pressure.

Out of respect for the player - who served us very well for many years - I restricted it to only the goals against Villa. There are many others. I think they slip our minds, but the amount of things like that last season and the season before from Reina are pretty startling.

Watch his saves from last season that kept us in games that we went on to win. Fulham and Wigan away if you're pretending it didn't happen.

Good start. Point saving saves in two games. Hungry and wants to be here. Distribution will improve. Crosses? I'll reserve judgement - he has been up against the tallest striker in Crouch and the league's biggest handful in Benteke, so fair play...

I love Reina, I do think he is a loss with his feet and he was still good the last few years - he just wasn't brilliant. He stopped making the outstanding saves, bar the odd game (Wigan last season). I don't think Reina would have made that save in the second half from Benteke the form he was in the last two years.

Mignolet has been a key part in us making two clean sheets and he is winning us points so far as we could quite easily only have 2 points if it wasn't for him.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Why do some of our fans on here have to make out that legends are shit to justify things that are happening now? Cunts do it with Dalglish, too.

Who did that? I'd say that happens far, far less than dickheads putting down new players/manager to 'justify' some of the poor things that have happened in the past.

No one wants Mignolet to fail.

Its just the revisionism over Pepe that will piss people off, to read some of the comments on here you would think he was massimo taibi the last two years, which is bollocks.

The saves he made yesterday i would expect any Liverpool keeper to make, and on the whole i like him, his reading of crosses is a concern, but one im sure we all hope he can sort out

Its just the revisionism over Pepe that will piss people off, to read some of the comments on here you would think he was massimo taibi the last two years, which is bollocks.

The saves he made yesterday i would expect any Liverpool keeper to make, and on the whole i like him, his reading of crosses is a concern, but one im sure we all hope he can sort out

Agree with all that. But others will say Reina is completely shit, and say he was crap on crosses too, to justify Mignolet looking dodgy at everything bar shot stopping so far.

The saves he made yesterday i would expect any Liverpool keeper to make

I love Reina, but he hasn't been making saves like the one in the second half yesterday. That was a top draw save.

Well I certainly haven't revised my opinion on Pepe, I think he was shit the last 3 years and said so over that time, as it is I still prefer to remember the 2005-2010 Pepe as he was fucking boss then and I hope he regains his form at Napoli and earns a move to Barcelona next summer netting us a decent fee in the process.

I also said I wanted Mignolet well before he was even linked with us as I believe he is the best keeper in England right now so am happy with how the situation has worked out (albeit I'd rather Reina had gone permanently so we wern't still paying him etc)

Why do some of our fans on here have to make out that legends are shit to justify things that are happening now? Cunts do it with Dalglish' date=' too.[/quote']

I agree with this, despite saying that i think the new goalie had won us points we wouldnt have got last season. Reina had been an excellent goalkeeper for us for many years, and he was a great presence on and off the field. Once he had informed the club that he would be off if Barca came calling, it would have been negligent had the club not sone something about that. Mignolet was available and the club decided to get him in. I don't think anyone needs to justify Mignolets place in the team though. He's doing it himself. I guess when he lets a few in then those 'who is the shittest' discussions will really kick off.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

As for that Reina video, I don't quite get the point. Is it supposed to be impressive? If so, it fails. I find it genuinely bizarre that bits of bad keeping, shots that were going wide, and the world's worst penalty, have been used in a compilation of 'best saves'. There were two good saves in it. He had more than that at the end of the season alone, yet they didn't include them.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
You. Talking as if Reina couldn't claim crosses. Complete bollocks.

What a silly cunt you are. And anybody else who thinks I called Reina shit is a cunt too.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
What's this bollocks?

Unless you're some sort of mongoloid imbecile who thinks I'm saying Reina has literally never once caught a ball, I don't see the issue. Reina rarely 'took a cross', he punched it. Usually not very well, which is why Mignolet was more successful at it than him.