You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Simon Mignolet

Even Numero wakes up screaming every morning and wakes up fraqntically searchin thru replays to reassure himself Mignolet did in fact keep a clean sheet, unlike the sorry mess Numero has left awaiting him in his bed.

Take ye Mignolet pills, sleap easier at night, no matter what a spaz he looked he did in fact keep a clean sheet, so why are all the Mignolet luvvers stressin to point out his one game in a row clean sheet?

Hmm seems too early to write him off but not too early to declare he was better than Reina ever dreamed he was, his wife is btter than Pep's and his coaster are made from real leather, mmmm smell that, can you do that dad??

Obsessed much doesnt make any sense sorry, not sure what that could mean there, try speaking in English al see if you have a point??

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Miggsy was very shaky for me throughout. I will say it looked like he had plenty of support from the senior memebers of the side so he may come good.

Begovic on the other hand was pure class.

Would you say he looked shaky second half?

Would you say he looked shaky second half?

I would say the tone was set on the first ball floated to Crouch at the back post and throughout the game I did not want to see the ball played to his feet. Early days but in a game where Begovic shone bright and the talk throughout the off season was it was either/or between the two it was less than impressive on the whole.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I would say the tone was set on the first ball floated to Crouch at the back post and throughout the game I did not want to see the ball played to his feet. Early days but in a game where Begovic shone bright and the talk throughout the off season was it was either/or between the two it was less than impressive on the whole.

It was just you said he was shaky throughout. The general opinion seemed to be that he had a nervy first 20 minutes, but did nothing wrong after that. I don't think he put a foot wrong in the second half. Nor a hand, for that matter!

Opinions n' all that. Just the way I saw it.

why the fuck would you have such hatred for a new player who has come in off the back of an excellent season to replace an underperforming player and has so far played one match which he fucking won for us?!

OK you've opened the sentence with anger and hatred and then requested my clarify my hatred? What hatred?

It was just you said he was shaky throughout. The general opinion seemed to be that he had a nervy first 20 minutes, but did nothing wrong after that. I don't think he put a foot wrong in the second half. Nor a hand, for that matter!

Opinions n' all that. Just the way I saw it.

There is no reason to think he can't do better but overall - imo -he was not good and I am including the penalty save, the follow up save was very good. The other save was routine. Begovic was outstanding, certainly you can agree.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
why the fuck would you have such hatred for a new player who has come in off the back of an excellent season to replace an underperforming player and has so far played one match which he fucking won for us?!

oCcO54f4fF4

Looked shit for 20 minutes, bailed out once by the cross bar. Made one good save from open play, plus the double save from the penalty. Had little else to do as Stoke are fucking shit.

We won. We got a clean sheet. Pepe Reina may or may not have made some saves had he been playing instead. Daniele Padelli almost certainly wouldn't have.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
fucking love the Mig

Yeah, earned us some points already. Reina is undoubtedly better at passing. But take a look at the goals we conceded against villa last season, and then look at the ones Mignolet saved today. The primary job of a goalkeeper is to keep goal. He has dine that well.

Yeah, earned us some points already. Reina is undoubtedly better at passing. But take a look at the goals we conceded against villa last season, and then look at the ones Mignolet saved today. The primary job of a goalkeeper is to keep goal. He has dine that well.

Completely agree NV.

Also seems to have the knack of making the important save at the crucial time.

Regarding his passing, it's unfair for people to compare him to Pepe, simply because Reina is the best passing goalie that I have ever seen. Any goalkeeper would be inferior in that respect.