You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mkhitaryan

Gym Beglin

That's what happens when you don't qualify for the Champs League, the best players will become restless, but you'd rather we win the League Cup. Can't have it both ways unfortunately.

Who'da thought it eh?

Champions league has become an excuse for players, a way to justify their greedy fucking demands. Who is any player to say I demand champions league if that's the case you should of signed a shorter contract with that in mind instead of looking at the big bucks. You signed a 5 year deal pull your finger out your arse motivate yourself and others to try and get this team in the champions league. The sense of entitlement pisses me off clubs as old and historic as ours being held to ransom by some 20 odd year old greedy little shits who want it all and now. The clubs give them a huge contract with bonuses which they are happy to sign at the time but as soon as they show a bit of form they feel hard done by... Fuck you. Shut up, whilst we hold your contract we'll decide based on whats good for us. Tits like Suarez looking down on LFC at least our clubs huge success was born on the vision of footballing men not some fucking dictator funded by the establishment ti e and time again a production line of grabbing the best player because they promote themselves as the best. Fuck it we get 60 million plus sell him in a heart beat.

Champions league has become an excuse for players, a way to justify their greedy fucking demands. Who is any player to say I demand champions league if that's the case you should of signed a shorter contract with that in mind instead of looking at the big bucks. You signed a 5 year deal pull your finger out your arse motivate yourself and others to try and get this team in the champions league. The sense of entitlement pisses me off clubs as old and historic as ours being held to ransom by some 20 odd year old greedy little shits who want it all and now. The clubs give them a huge contract with bonuses which they are happy to sign at the time but as soon as they show a bit of form they feel hard done by... Fuck you. Shut up, whilst we hold your contract we'll decide based on whats good for us. Tits like Suarez looking down on LFC at least our clubs huge success was born on the vision of footballing men not some fucking dictator funded by the establishment ti e and time again a production line of grabbing the best player because they promote themselves as the best. Fuck it we get 60 million plus sell him in a heart beat.

But, as Carra pointed out, loyalty is a two-way street. Clubs sell the shit players. Are they loyal to them? No. So I am not sure they can expect loyalty from the good players.

And paid £35 million for a player we just sold for £15 million.

You'll find he was only the commercial director with no input in transfers when we bought Carroll. That's down to Commoli that one. Getting £15.5 million rising to 17.5 plus a 2 million loan free is pretty good going for me.

I'm n ot sure if I'm happy or not with this as to me it means Suarez is deffo off.

That's what happens when you don't qualify for the Champs League, the best players will become restless, but you'd rather we win the League Cup. Can't have it both ways unfortunately.

Get the body bag.

We did not finish in CL places last season but no one wanted out because of it, why do you think that is?

Players love finals and they love trophies, finish 7th with fuck all else, not so much.

We did not finish in CL places last season but no one wanted out because of it, why do you think that is?

Players love finals and they love trophies, finish 7th with fuck all else, not so much.

So let's just get this in black and white for future reference. You think that if we finished 7th every season but won the league cup every year players of Suarez's calibre would want to stay?

You fucking mental cunt

So let's just get this in black and white for future reference. You think that if we finished 7th every season but won the league cup every year players of Suarez's calibre would want to stay?

You fucking mental cunt

Rafael van der Vaart: The chairman wants us to finish in the top four but I want to win the FA Cup - Football - Sport - London Evening Standard

I agree with Code, I'd much prefer a cup final every season and finish 7th every season, just not get relegated!

Cup Finals are great, brilliant in fact, I love them, and the league is just the league, we've won it 18 times already so, LOOOOOOOL, we dont need to win it again anyway!

Of course, finishing 7th, all the time, would mean that the better players in Europe will avoid us like tax, and that this continual weakening would likely result in us getting dragged into a proper relegation battle within, say, 3 years, but we'll still have our memories of going to Wembley and getting hammered by Chelsea or United or Spurs or City or Arsenal.

And getting a winners medal is overrated anyway, it's the day out that counts.

In fact, no, the day out is great but usually the semi finals are the best games, I'd be happy with just losing gallantly in a prestige semi final at Villa Park.

Code72, I salute you.

But, as Carra pointed out, loyalty is a two-way street. Clubs sell the shit players. Are they loyal to them? No. So I am not sure they can expect loyalty from the good players.

Players can stay if they choose too and there's nothing the club can do about it. We pay them to perform its why they are wealthy if they don't then its mutual. Any player who has refused to go we've had to pay them off so they get what they signed for. I don't expect players to stay with us forever I do expect professionalism which Suarez hasn't been despite what most say he could easily say I'm a liverpool player and its disrespectful to mention any other club or play out transfers in the press. A club can't sell a shit player to somewhere they don't want to go. Look at degen that fucker was laughing all the way to the bank. Players have all the power. In the case with Suarez it seems we hold the cards I wouldn't let his titty lip see us lose out.

You'll find he was only the commercial director with no input in transfers when we bought Carroll. That's down to Commoli that one. Getting £15.5 million rising to 17.5 plus a 2 million loan free is pretty good going for me.

But the original poster cited Suarez and Coutinho signings and I thought Carroll was signed around the same time as Suarez or even a bit after?

Completely irrelevant but I will take this as a yes, seeing as you aren't denying it.

The next thing I want in black and white just to consolidate today's meltdown is that you also believe Rafael Van Der Vaart is the same calibre as Suarez?

Just post a recipe for making the perfect egg and chips because that's about as relevant as the article above was to my last question.

Maybe, just maybe, that has more to do with the fact that Suarez didnt perform to the World Class level he did this season. Where he proved himself as a true World Class forward. We'll always be a selling club to the best players in the World if we continually finish outside the Champs League. Yes, we can get them young, take a gamble on some players. But once they prove themselves they'll want to play at a higher level against the best players in the World. Which isn't a League Cup Final. Yes we didn't lose any 'wanted' players at the end of that season but did we have a chance of attracting any big players on the back of our League Cup win?

The real answer is that Suarez is sick and tired of the mediocrity of Brendan Rodgers.

Bollocks. The real answer us that he wants to play CL footy, have a larger pay packet and pay less tax.

You seem to believe that Kenny achieved things last season but don't rate Rafa's CL win, quite mad your points of view. Kenny's side was going backwards and his signings were disappointing. Rodgers has rebuilt our attack in particular and we are a team on the up. You have turned in to a bit of a disappointment yourself Code and no amount of negs will change my mind about that.