You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mkhitaryan

Gym Beglin

I don't think Alonso left quickly because we didn't get Barry. When Alonso did leave, it wasn't until a year later than planned. But I see your point that there are exceptions to everything. I hope that we have a Modric situation with Suarez and he's not for sale, like we've been saying all along. If he does eventually leave, it will be when the club chooses and at the price we want.

I think we wanted shot of Alonso but couldn't find a buyer. When he wanted out the next summer, he left.

But, yeah, if we can convince Suarez to stay, it'll be a big filip in our push for CL qualification. And, if we qualify for the CL, he may not want to leave next year.

Big few weeks!

I think the club can keep him if they really want to. If he leaves I'd want more than the 2 you mentioned. More like 4 signings of that quality, or better, if he leaves.

4 signings of that quality you say? I think you'll be disappointed.

I think both of them would be available for 15m each. If we sell Suarez for 50m we should be spending at least 70m without selling anyone else.

Dead dead simple this owning or managing a modern day football team as any fule know

Liverpool have had to reassess their options after the setback of missing out to Borussia Dortmund in the race to sign attacking midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan from Shakhtar Donetsk.The Armenian opted to make a £21.5million switch to Germany – highlighting the problem of trying to compete with Champions League clubs when you are operating outside Europe's elite.“If you are not in the Champions League, that naturally makes it tougher,” Rodgers added.“We all have the same objective. We all want to be there. If you are a manager or player, you want to be at that level.“That is always the case when you are going for good players. But I'm sure good players still want to come to this club.“There has been lots of players linked but the fact is we really only had one (top target) and unfortunately we didn't get the chance to speak to that player before he moved from Shakhtar.“We had spoken to Shakhtar, we had got permission to speak to him but unfortunately I didn't get the chance to sit down in front of him. It was already in place with Dortmund so that was disappointing.“I always feel that if I can get in front of the player, I can sell the club and what our project is here.“Hopefully that is exciting for the players. So (missing out on Mkhitaryan) is the only disappointment. I believe there will be others.”

Liverpool have had to reassess their options after the setback of missing out to Borussia Dortmund in the race to sign attacking midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan from Shakhtar Donetsk.The Armenian opted to make a £21.5million switch to Germany – highlighting the problem of trying to compete with Champions League clubs when you are operating outside Europe's elite.“If you are not in the Champions League, that naturally makes it tougher,” Rodgers added.“We all have the same objective. We all want to be there. If you are a manager or player, you want to be at that level.“That is always the case when you are going for good players. But I'm sure good players still want to come to this club.“There has been lots of players linked but the fact is we really only had one (top target) and unfortunately we didn't get the chance to speak to that player before he moved from Shakhtar.“We had spoken to Shakhtar, we had got permission to speak to him but unfortunately I didn't get the chance to sit down in front of him. It was already in place with Dortmund so that was disappointing.“I always feel that if I can get in front of the player, I can sell the club and what our project is here.“Hopefully that is exciting for the players. So (missing out on Mkhitaryan) is the only disappointment. I believe there will be others.”

Where is this from?

Liverpool have had to reassess their options after the setback of missing out to Borussia Dortmund in the race to sign attacking midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan from Shakhtar Donetsk.The Armenian opted to make a £21.5million switch to Germany – highlighting the problem of trying to compete with Champions League clubs when you are operating outside Europe's elite.“If you are not in the Champions League' date=' that naturally makes it tougher,” Rodgers added.“We all have the same objective. We all want to be there. If you are a manager or player, you want to be at that level.“That is always the case when you are going for good players. But I'm sure good players still want to come to this club.“There has been lots of players linked but the fact is we really only had one (top target) and unfortunately we didn't get the chance to speak to that player before he moved from Shakhtar.“We had spoken to Shakhtar, we had got permission to speak to him but unfortunately I didn't get the chance to sit down in front of him. It was already in place with Dortmund so that was disappointing.“I always feel that if I can get in front of the player, I can sell the club and what our project is here.“Hopefully that is exciting for the players. So (missing out on Mkhitaryan) is the only disappointment. I believe there will be others.”[/quote']

Maybe if we'd have appointed a genuine Champions League manager we'd be playing there now?

I always feel that if I can get in front of the player, I can sell the club and what our project is here.“Hopefully that is exciting for the players.

Hahaha.

Maybe some players are happy with their situation and dont feel the need to become "better" people.

Hahaha.

Maybe some players are happy with their situation and dont feel the need to become "better" people.

I don't know what satisfaction you get out of behaving the way you do. If you support LFC, why would you be so cynical and derogatory about the manager. He's really done nothing to deserve your disdain.

The example you are ripping him for is not really extraordinary. It's like in sales, you don't focus on your bottom line all the time, you focus on the activities you need to do, which will make your bottom line happen. If Kenny had said it you'd be wanking over it.

I'm asking you, please can you knock it on the head for a while at least? It's divisive and tedious and very unproductive. It will also make it much easier for you to climb down if Rodgers has a successful season.

Van Gaal?

Either he is bullshitting again about not getting the chance to speak to the player or we are useless at buying players.

Bullshitting again? Go on, why again?

See, if he did or didn't speak to us, why do you think we have the divine right to sign anyone? He's gone to Champions League finalists who are playing in the CL again this year.

Fuck me there are some mardy bastards posting on here. No manager would have come in and took u to immediate success. We are working on a long term project and early signs are good.

Bullshitting again? Go on, why again?

See, if he did or didn't speak to us, why do you think we have the divine right to sign anyone? He's gone to Champions League finalists who are playing in the CL again this year.

Fuck me there are some mardy bastards posting on here. No manager would have come in and took u to immediate success. We are working on a long term project and early signs are good.

They been here what, 3 seasons, early signs?

Right, lets go thru off the top of my head, pushing a top, proven manager and club legend to the exit door, taking a total proctor and gamble on the new appointment in Rogers, could have been Martinez, not even interested in any top managers who were available.

Finishing 7th, behind everton and dont appear to mind one bit, not even in the EL, its ok, we can just get some more players off the wage bill, preferably the ones who are experienced in the CL top be replaced with young maybes.

Its funny watching fans 'get behind rogers' by claiming, no manager was capable of getting us anywhere above 7th, we deffo made the right choice, no questioning of this decision or policy is permitted. Blind faith only please boys, dont forget to propogate the myth that FSG and Rogers are 'doing a good job' based on nothing but subjective opinions about how well we play.

Refusal to invest anything in the playing squad. They have done this the whole time, record sponsorship but we have to recycle our old money.

dont forget to propogate the myth that FSG and Rogers are 'doing a good job' based on nothing but subjective opinions about how well we play.

Our form for the second half of last season was top four form. That's a fact.

I'm not going to get into a debate with you, because you're a bit of a cracker, but I'll also add that we don't have owners who are a sugar daddy and are going to invest loads of their own money. If you want that go and support a plastic club like Chelsea. We have owners who have massively increased incomes and are slowly but surely getting LFC to be run effectively. How good they will be ultimately only time will tell, but I think they're doing enough to back up my optimisim.

Our form for the second half of last season was top four form. That's a fact.

I'm not going to get into a debate with you, because you're a bit of a cracker, but I'll also add that we don't have owners who are a sugar daddy and are going to invest loads of their own money. If you want that go and support a plastic club like Chelsea. We have owners who have massively increased incomes and are slowly but surely getting LFC to be run effectively. How good they will be ultimately only time will tell, but I think they're doing enough to back up my optimisim.

Tad racist that.

Ok dont debate with me but dont fucking misrepresent what I am saying for fucks sake.

Perhaps thats why most of you are under the impression you disagree with me at all, you dont, none of you do, you simply misunderstand.

I dont have a problem with the amount of money we are spending. Not one issue there.

My problem is the amount of money we fucking waste it. On shite, or doing shit like buying mignolet and loaning out Pepe 6 months after giving him a new contract.

The list is fucking endless, its a fucking comedy of cock ups.

Thats not their money either, thats the money generated off the back of us or the club, not fresh money they are throwing in.

If you are a Roman Abram type owner you can waste shitloads every year becuase its your money anyway.

FSG suck everything out and give it to Ayres or Commolli before that.

They allowed Carroll to be signed.

Everyone can agree we need them to work harder, smarter, faster but they do not, they fuck around and make us look like a bad joke.

No bids for Miky, I could go on plenty of examples but the point is we cant afford to be a victim of theirs and Rogers infinite regressive learning curves.

My problem is the amount of money we fucking waste it. On shite, or doing shit like buying mignolet and loaning out Pepe 6 months after giving him a new contract.

This whole argument you are offering is ridiculous, because you cite as one of their "comedy of errors" a decision which is clearly a good one. Mignolet will cost less than Reina and is better. I'm not sure what you're unhappy about there.

More to the point, it's based on inaccurate information. We signed Pepe to a 6-year deal (at a reported 100 or 100k/week) back in 2010, when we were sliding into the abyss and it was looking like all our best players would leave. Your remark that we're loaning him out "6 months after giving him a new contract" is patently false.

Van Gaal?

Either he is bullshitting again about not getting the chance to speak to the player or we are useless at buying players.

Yes, I meant him but I meant we'd probably be in Europe through the UEFA cup and with genuine CL prospects by appointing a genuine top class manager.

Im not a R*f* apologist but Van Gaal is in that group of top class European managers.

He wants to come to England next summer top manager.

Louis van Gaal, the coach leading Holland to the World Cup Finals in Brazil, says he wants to join a Premier League club next summer.

Van Gaal has been a serial winner with Barcelona, Ajax and Bayern Munich but says his career will not be complete unless he can manage in the *Premier League. He said: “I’ve achieved everything I wanted. I will quit as national team boss in 12 months and hope I can go to England. If there is not a club for me in the Premier League, I will retire.”

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk Louis van Gaal could head to the Premier League after Dutch boss admits fancy for England challenge - Mirror Online

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook