You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mkhitaryan

Gym Beglin

Been praised up to this point for their quick work with transfer dealings but seemingly everyone and his dog knew that HM and Papadopolous were supposedly the club's marquee signings' date=' and both have now gone up in smoke. The Papadopolous one I can understand if they're asking crazy money for someone who's been injured for half a season, but it seems the HM deal has fell through over the sake of 3 or 4million.

This is where it's going to get interesting now. The club has recouped good money for Carroll and Shelvey high has probably offset the majority of our dealings so far. A Barcelona B player, a lad for a club who where nearly relegated, ad a goalkeeper who'll probably replace Reina, who many believe doesn't need replacing, and on less wages at that. These deals could be good as part of wider squad strengthening but now is where we see the ambition that FSG have for us this summer. I'm not for one second criticising them at this point, it's still very early days. But the next couple of months will be telling one way or another.[/quote']

The worry is it has the feel of last summer. Time to get their finger out. My worry is its seemed all summer we had our targets and there seems little interest beyond them. Usually you get the feeling if a first choice falls through we have options. Now that always worries me as we're accepting 2nd best, but it really feels to me there's nobody else we're after - if we go into next season with our current squad, we'll struggle again. And we might lose reina and Suarez yet.

The worry is it has the feel of last summer. Time to get their finger out. My worry is its seemed all summer we had our targets and there seems little interest beyond them. Usually you get the feeling if a first choice falls through we have options. Now that always worries me as we're accepting 2nd best, but it really feels to me there's nobody else we're after - if we go into next season with our current squad, we'll struggle again. And we might lose reina and Suarez yet.

I'd be a bit more confident this time around with the new scouts we have in place. It sounds like these one are actually good at their job. I'd be very surprised if we didn't have more options lined up.

We'll just have to wait and see i guess.

I'd be a bit more confident this time around with the new scouts we have in place.

Scouting players is only one part of the process.

You need a savvy MD and owners willing to part with the money to sign these top players.

Apparently, Shaktar wanted the 23 million up front. Dortmund obliged whereas we offered 3 lump sums.

Guest San Don
Scouting players is only one part of the process.

You need a savvy MD and owners willing to part with the money to sign these top players.

Apparently, Shaktar wanted the 23 million up front. Dortmund obliged whereas we offered 3 lump sums.

All of which means squat when the player decided playing in the CL rather than the Europa League or in our case, not in Europe at all this coming season, was of a bigger interest to him.

Having a savvy MD or not, wouldnt have changed a thing. People need to wise up. As big as we think we are, most players will sign for a club in the CL rather than ones which are not.

All of which means squat when the player decided playing in the CL rather than the Europa League or in our case, not in Europe at all this coming season, was of a bigger interest to him.

Link?

All the reports from Ukraine suggested he wanted a move to us.

He was already playing for a CL club.

The fact he sat it out and waited shows me he preferred coming to us and we wouldn't budge. Its the fact we paid 35M upfront for Carroll is why they (FSG) shat themselves when faced with the prospect of doing it again. Shit scared of thios lad being another Carroll. That tells me that even with this transfer by committee approach they still don't trust either the system, the manager, or both.

If its really a case of they were expecting a bid for Suarez then FSG have showed themselves as proper small time and need to fuck off.