You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gerrard's Testimonial Tickets

Bjornebye

Yeah, looks like he's been shifted to accommodate Allen. I don't like that one bit.

I wouldn't say it's just to accommodate Allen. We shifted him out there last season on many occasions when Allen was out injured, just don't understand it tbh.

I feel he could really rip the league apart if we let him loose in the centre. Drifts out of games too much out wide. He's our most creative player and should be where he can cause the most damage imo.

Allen, Lucas and Gerrard have all been very good in the pre-season games and they've continued that today. And on Coutinho's position, when we played with 2 strikers against Thailand, he played most of the game centrally, even when Allen was playing. The reason I think he is coming in from the left in this game is because Sterling is playing, rather than Borini. Personally, I'm glad that we have more than one way of arranging our front line.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

We're winning again? I'm gutted. Let's find something else to moan about. Ah, yes, Coutinho. Let's pin that on the manager. Why's he destroying his career?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Allen's forward runs have been good hes getting about a bit. Throw Sturridge in and if we keep Suarez I think we'd do better than fucking arsenal.

Yep, add in Costa and maybe Papa, and I'd probably bet on us being as good if not better than them.

Decent half that once we clicked into gear. It's the right decision to take it as a proper pre season game. Should set us up well for Stoke.

The Sturridge and Suarez situations are a pity but other that, we're looking sharp. Feels like ages since we had a proper pre season, with most of our players fit and raring to go come first day of the season.

Get those two main transfers done, pray that Lucas doesn't get injured & get off to a good start, then we could well sneak 4th this season. It'd be great if Suarez strings Arsenal along until an hour to go then laughs at Arsenal, fucking up their window!

Hoping to see Ibe get a good run out in the second half.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I really hope Allen can keep this performance level up from pre-season and carry it into the league. Maybe some will give him a bit of space to breath and improve into the player he clearly has the potential to be.

Sterling looking like the player we all thought he was going to be so far as well. YOu can't read too much into this kind of match, but a few players look very sharp.

Sterling is only 18-19 and is one of top talents in Europe, some fans writing him off after a slight dip in form last season was ridiculous especially considering he had injury problems.

• Downvote 1