You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ian Ayre being replaced ?

mht1892

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbf, he has been good on the commercial side of things. Helping to bring in a lot more money for the club. He is a good commercial director and that's the position he should go back to because, he's not good enough to be the MD of a club the size of ours imo.

The biggest deals weren't done by Ayre where they or at least it was alluded to on various media. Warrior was done in Boston by FSG and standard chartered was brokered by Jason mcateer.

Guest ShoePiss
And that's a good thing, then, is it? I thought the idea was to replace one with someone more knowledgeable?

BTW, I dont place any weight on twatter rumours.

Yeah I'd hope they'd do that, this rumour keeps popping up but it looks like it's just that, a rumour without much substance.

hogan263.jpg

Hey brahs, it's like so cool being in Inger-land, i'm a massive fan of Jason Statham man, he's like such a badass. So this soccer thing, i hear it's really big over here, when are the drafts? i cant wait for us to kick this curse of the bambino. Were gonna win so many matches this fall, it's gonna be real swell.

Hasn't he been doing that for 12 months?

Yep but I think there's a train of thought that Hogan was bought in as Commercial Director from Fenway Sports Management, a similar job, so he could get used to his surroundings for a year, learn a lot more, before being given the CEO job full time.

Talking about CEO's etc

Arsenal have just replaced 73 year old Chairman Peter Hill-Wood with...73 year old Sir Chips Keswick.

Sir Chips Keswick. That is all.

Yep but I think there's a train of thought that Hogan was bought in as Commercial Director from Fenway Sports Management, a similar job, so he could get used to his surroundings for a year, learn a lot more, before being given the CEO job full time.

Talking about CEO's etc

Arsenal have just replaced 73 year old Chairman Peter Hill-Wood with...73 year old Sir Chips Keswick.

Sir Chips Keswick. That is all.

That's about right. It's not vital that a CEO is a football genius - is any Premier league CEO really a 'football man'? What is important is that they're ultimately professional, show strong and clear leadership, leave the football to those directly involved and don't have a name like 'Ayre'.

That's about right. It's not vital that a CEO is a football genius - is any Premier league CEO really a 'football man'? What is important is that they're ultimately professional, show strong and clear leadership, leave the football to those directly involved and don't have a name like 'Ayre'.

Agree with that. For me the CEO is basically a top level administrator, it's the people below him that are important, a football man and a commercial man is needed.

The problem with Parry was that he was doing all three jobs, problem with Ayre before Hogan came in was he was doing all three as well. Wouldn't actually mind Parry as the CEO in the set up we have now.

Seems now we have the CEO (Hogan) The commercial man (Ayre or whoever else if they choose to get rid when Hogan is appointed) and an as yet unnamed football man (think that was supposed to be Commoli's job, a director of football if you like, but obviously that didn't turn out well). If this 'collegiate' football decision body works then we may not need that.

I wouldn’t wish harm on many individuals. He is a self serving, horrible person. We all probably know his equivalent in higher management within our respective spheres of work. Say one thing one day, deny it the next, morally corrupt but commercially and career aware. The commercial argument that he’s done well in that roll won’t suffice, he’ll be looking to undermine anyone placed above. Getting back, I wouldn’t wish harm on many, but if one day I read he’d crashed his ‘Harley’ into a support structure on the M62 I’d shed no tears, would many?