You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

On the way to the final last season we had to beat Man Utd, Borussia Dortmund & Villareal.

Who the fuck have they drawn? Plumbers FC, Anderlecht (last had a decent team about 20 years ago) & Celta Vigo the fucking Carpathian out of Ghostbusters 2.

That pact with the Devil is alive & well I see.

Cunts.

• Upvote 1

Aspas is a great example of how a failed transfer doesn't mean a shit player

16 league goals in La Liga this season, where his form has earned him a call up to the national side

Celta Vigo are a dangerous side. They'll also rest their key players in the league to keep them fresh for the games against Utd. I wouldn't be overly shocked if they knock them out

• Upvote 1

16 league goals in La Liga this season, where his form has earned him a call up to the national side

Celta Vigo are a dangerous side. They'll also rest their key players in the league to keep them fresh for the games against Utd. I wouldn't be overly shocked if they knock them out

Agreed. A good player who wasn't given a fair go. That he's viewed as a joke figure by most LFC supporters is disappointing. 

Guest Pistonbroke

There defence is a bit shit, but they are capable. I'd have been happier to see the Mancs playing the home leg first. 

He was shite. I saw him play live against Hull on New Years Day 2014 and he was truly abysmal.

Not an exact science by any means, but Henderson and Lallana didn't exactly cover themselves in glory during their first seasons here either and both improved significantly.

At the very least, he should have been used in the closing phases of games we'd already won in 2013/14 to give Suarez and Sturridge a break and see if he grew into any kind of form. Half the bottle-job at the very end of that season was down to Suarez being absolutely gassed.

Clearly a better striker than the atrocious Borini ever was or will be.

• Upvote 2

He's obviously better than what he showed, but he was never going to make it in this league.

The zombies in the Walking Dead have more muscle mass.

The size argument is ridiculous. You could say the same thing about David Silva, Mata, Coutinho and so many more. Aspas is a Spanish international who's scored over 50 goals since he left 3 years ago. That he didn't make it here has nothing to do with his size or ability. 

The size argument is ridiculous. You could say the same thing about David Silva, Mata, Coutinho and so many more. Aspas is a Spanish international who's scored over 50 goals since he left 3 years ago. That he didn't make it here has nothing to do with his size or ability. 

He has played in three matches.  He's hardly a mainstay.

He's scoring for Celta at a similar rate to the season before we signed him.  I don't think he's doing enough to make me lose sleep about the one that got away.

So he wasn't too weak for this country because three other diminuitive footballers, who are planets ahead of Aspas in ability, succeeded here? He didn't score a fucking goal all season, in the same year we were the most potent attacking team in Europe.