You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Conventional things you find strange.

Kevin D

I love getting away from people, the general public are, on the whole, cunts and I don't like them. Getting up in the mountains gets me away from people, no phone contact, no dickheads, peace.

Also I just like challenging myself and pushing myself to do stuff, get to places most people wouldn't, getting 1100m up a mountain is no easy feat, to do four or five peaks in a day can be brutal.

I totally understand what you're saying, at times I wonder what the fuck I'm doing it for myself.

Oh I completely get that mate, that's what I get out of walking the dog. Loads of walks round here where I know I'd be bloody unlucky to meet anyone other than a farmer.

Time for peace, thinking and just enjoying your own company.

I'd just be bored doing it without the dog.

Oh I completely get that mate, that's what I get out of walking the dog. Loads of walks round here where I know I'd be bloody unlucky to meet anyone other than a farmer.

Time for peace, thinking and just enjoying your own company.

I'd just be bored doing it without the dog.

I'm not trying to change your mind but there's walking and there's walking and I really do like the challenge of hill walking, like running and its coming with cycling, where you're just focussed on the next step and the step and then the exhilaration of the achievement of reaching the summit. The views are great too

I'm not trying to change your mind but there's walking and there's walking and I really do like the challenge of hill walking, like running and its coming with cycling, where you're just focussed on the next step and the step and then the exhilaration of the achievement of reaching the summit. The views are great too

I used to do scree running, I know what you mean Cath it just isn't for me.

I love getting away from people, the general public are, on the whole, cunts and I don't like them.

I completely agree. The bitch and brats often ask me why I'm so anti-social, I tell them "apart from them (wife and kids) people fall into two catagories, those I don't like, and those I'm indifferent to".

And I only exclude them out of politeness.

Games on your phone. Don't get me wrong, it's fine to pass a minute or two every now and again, but these days you get people who are constantly playing stuff like Angry Birds, Simpsons Tap Out or Candy Crush Saga, and then posting their results on Facebook etc. Indeed we have threads on such things on this very forum. I've honestly never played any of those games listed above and I guess that puts me in a minority, but I just cannot bring myself to be arsed about it.

Dancing. I get foot tapping and bouncing up and down a bit at gigs and so on but this whole "making shapes" to music thing just seems bizarre. The more you think about it the odder it becomes. Looks strange and feels completely wierd to do. I don't dance. Ever. Although in the '90's I was renowned for my violent pogoing style at gigs and for crowd-surfing. That's not dancing though, it's just letting off steam.

• Upvote 1

I love getting away from people' date=' the general public are, on the whole, cunts and I don't like them. Getting up in the mountains gets me away from people, no phone contact, no dickheads, peace.

Also I just like challenging myself and pushing myself to do stuff, get to places most people wouldn't, getting 1100m up a mountain is no easy feat, to do four or five peaks in a day can be brutal.

I totally understand what you're saying, at times I wonder what the fuck I'm doing it for myself.[/quote']

I'm with Rich, except as well as hill/mountain climbing I also walk long distances even on the relative flat.

I could happily give up work tomorrow and just walk. I usually walk at least 15k a day if I'm not doing a run or busy and often do a 40-50k of a weekend.

I love it because as Rich says it gets you away from cunts, I love exploring, finding new places, new country pubs, trying new paths, seeing the countryside from every view I can.

I totally adore where I live and appreciate every minute I get in the South Downs. I'm totally happy when out on the footpaths.

Tattoos.

I just don't get people's obsession with them. Personally, I'd much rather do something else with the time and money you're spending getting it done.

When I hear people saying they spent three figures on there's and got it done in something like 'two three hour sessions' or whatever, I just think it's mental.

I'm a firm believer in the old adage 'never say never', but at the moment- as I have done for most of my life- I just don't see the point.

Tattoos.

I just don't get people's obsession with them. Personally, I'd much rather do something else with the time and money you're spending getting it done.

When I hear people saying they spent three figures on there's and got it done in something like 'two three hour sessions' or whatever, I just think it's mental.

I'm a firm believer in the old adage 'never say never', but at the moment- as I have done for most of my life- I just don't see the point.

I agree in some ways, love tattoos but you gotta have a balance. The *main* problem with tattoos I feel is that what might feel like 'a deep, spiritual image I've had grafted on my arm' just looks 'fucking gay and shit' to others.

Discrete tattoos are boss, but when you get some massive fuck off artwork on their arm, you can't expect everyone to love it as much as you do.

Simon's tat is a proper example of this, dunno if you have seen it. He loves it but essentially he has a down's syndrome dragon all over his arm and shoulder. It looks awesome but all in the wrong ways but respect to him.

Remember in the early 2000's when there was a rage of white males getting a tattoo behind their ear, their initials, their bird, kid or their dead dads name? Gay as fuck.

I agree in some ways, love tattoos but you gotta have a balance. The *main* problem with tattoos I feel is that what might feel like 'a deep, spiritual image I've had grafted on my arm' just looks 'fucking gay and shit' to others.

Discrete tattoos are boss, but when you get some massive fuck off artwork on their arm, you can't expect everyone to love it as much as you do.

Simon's tat is a proper example of this, dunno if you have seen it. He loves it but essentially he has a down's syndrome dragon all over his arm and shoulder. It looks awesome but all in the wrong ways but respect to him.

Remember in the early 2000's when there was a rage of white males getting a tattoo behind their ear, their initials, their bird, kid or their dead dads name? Gay as fuck.

I agree with a lot of that, mate. I've actually seen some tattoos on people that I've thought looked smart and could appreciate the artistry involved in it, but I just can't see myself ever spending money on something like that. I'd much rather use it to go for a couple of pints or buy a book or a DVD or something, or- if it's a really expensive one- stash the money towards a holiday.

At this moment in time, the idea of getting one does absolutely nothing for me at all.

To be fair, I think I've been scarred by the amount of shit tattoos I've seen over the years- they easily outnumber the good ones by about ten to one. I even vaguely remember posting something on here about a mate of my uncle having a particularly horrendous one done of a Liver bird when he was in New York which he still gets ripped for to this day.

Why don't strangers start up conversations more often? Why in a pub can you chat to people you've just met but not in other social circumstances?

On my commute on the train each morning nobody talks, yet you see the same people all the time and probably have a bit in common with them, given you live in the same place and are having to travel into work in the same manner.

Why don't strangers start up conversations more often? Why in a pub can you chat to people you've just met but not in other social circumstances?

On my commute on the train each morning nobody talks, yet you see the same people all the time and probably have a bit in common with them, given you live in the same place and are having to travel into work in the same manner.

Smart phones have ensured that this never changes. Its something that annoys me as well. Maybe saddens, rather than annoys, actually.

On my commute on the train each morning nobody talks' date=' yet you see the same people all the time and probably have a bit in common with them, given you live in the same place and are having to travel into work in the same manner.[/quote']

Usually because they start conversations about shite I couldnt give a toss about and its more polite than telling them to fuck off because they are a right wing racist tory bastard instead.

• 2 weeks later...