You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Conventional things you find strange.

Kevin D

I agree about spending big money on it, but our wedding was ace. Loads of people I love in one place at the same time. Best party i have ever been to.

I'm with this.

When people spend tens of thousands that they don't have on it, trying to summon up some unachievable idea of perfection, it'll always end in tears. When you just get a room full of good people who (for the most part) like each other, get some food, booze and music going and let the general air of happiness take care of itself... they can be absolutely priceless.

Mine was a good'un. Glad yours was too.

Dedicating sporting contests to the memory of somebody who has recently died. It's always done beforehand, as well, which makes it much stranger. What if you, or your team, get your ass kicked?

Between that, minute silences for people with vague, or non-existent, connections to you; the rush to pronounce someone has died, then publicly say "RIP" and talk about how "hurt" you are they've passed - there's just a growing vacuousness to how death is treated today. As if it's a social event.

Cars. We pay a bloody fortune to fill them with fuel, most of which gets burned to propel a ton of metal, glass and rubber about the place. They're just all wrong. Surely we should be designing and building lighter and lighter vehicles by now.

Like personal jetpacks.

I'm with this.

When people spend tens of thousands that they don't have on it, trying to summon up some unachievable idea of perfection, it'll always end in tears. When you just get a room full of good people who (for the most part) like each other, get some food, booze and music going and let the general air of happiness take care of itself... they can be absolutely priceless.

Mine was a good'un. Glad yours was too.

Ours cost about £1500 including buying my suit and the wedding dress. 50 guests in a remote hotel on Saddleworth. No disco, just good food, tables and good drink. We were up until 4 am, everyone kipped at the hotel and then we all got up and had lunch together before we finally headed off to the Lake District on our honeymoon.

I can't dance for shit, two left feet and right footed.

A club is for late night drinking and pulling. Fuck dancing.

This!

Also, why do young men feel the need to go to war for "God and Country". Even if they do not realise they are going to war for big business and already mega-rich cunts, why would they put themselves in harms way for an ideology, and be treated like a piece of dirt and paid poorly for the pleasure? Weird.

We went to the Registry. I registered the wife as a "Light Commercial Vehicle". Now I can park her outside in a Loading Zone while I go to the pub. She had to get a whole new wardrobe to match the number plates so I didn't really save much though.

We went to the Registry. I registered the wife as a "Light Commercial Vehicle". Now I can park her outside in a Loading Zone while I go to the pub. She had to get a whole new wardrobe to match the number plates so I didn't really save much though.

you'll be laughing on the other side of your face when she contracts a van aerial disease.

• Upvote 1

Doing Heroin

Why would you do that?

Maybe i'm being naive but has anyone you know done heroin and not fucked up the rest of their lives?

Everyone I've known that has doen heroin is now either dead or has ruined their life.

Where the fuck are you from? Afghanistan?

Heroin isn't conventional where I'm from anyway.

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

People who smoke....

but go to great lengths applying sun cream to prevent skin cancer!

don't gettit...myself!

you'll be laughing on the other side of your face when she contracts a van aerial disease.
24 hours. That's how long I've been trying to think of a snappy comeback to top this.

But I can't.

Well played sir.

Young people whose parents pay for them to move away for the student experience' date=' whilst it often amounts to fuck all job wise.[/quote']

I dunno. I think it's a great experience and would totally encourage any kids I might have to do the same. Obviously if the best course or best thing for them is home or not go to Uni so be it, but given a straight choice moving away is the preference. Cut the apron strings a bit.

Obviously moving away for the sake of moving away is pointless, but I don't think most go into it thinking its pointless and probably think it will benefit them.

I probably learned more and developed more skills from moving out of home than I did from University. Well at undergrad level anyway.

Most of my mates who stayed at home or never went to Uni generally fared much worse on the job front . Yeah there are exceptions and yeah some people are dicks at Uni or fail to do much after Uni, but the general trend is those that go on the whole fair better.

Going for walks.

Those photos Bitch has posted look incredible but I don't get the enjoyment of 'walking'. I'll walk for hours with the dog but there's a purpose to it then' date=' but walking for enjoyment? Not for me.[/quote']

Same here, swerve walking.

Camping is another, don't get it. Give me a hotel anytime. Actually, I'd rather stay at home than go camping.

Asking people how they are doing, even though they saw you earlier that day.

I know people think it's polite, but I honestly can't think they're that bothered or interested. If anything noteworthy had happened in the few hours since I last saw you, I'd either have burst into the room to tell you, or I'll bring it up during our conversation.

Same here, swerve walking.

Camping is another, don't get it. Give me a hotel anytime. Actually, I'd rather stay at home than go camping.

It's a young uns game.

Last time I went 'camping' was with my brother. The first night we didn't bother to put the tent up and kipped in the car, the second night we pulled two pigs to sleep in their caravan.

Going for walks.

Those photos Bitch has posted look incredible but I don't get the enjoyment of 'walking'. I'll walk for hours with the dog but there's a purpose to it then' date=' but walking for enjoyment? Not for me.[/quote']

I love getting away from people, the general public are, on the whole, cunts and I don't like them. Getting up in the mountains gets me away from people, no phone contact, no dickheads, peace.

Also I just like challenging myself and pushing myself to do stuff, get to places most people wouldn't, getting 1100m up a mountain is no easy feat, to do four or five peaks in a day can be brutal.

I totally understand what you're saying, at times I wonder what the fuck I'm doing it for myself.