You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Conventional things you find strange.

Kevin D

What an utterly bizarre thing to say. We are also the only animal that posts on internet forums. I'm sure there must be other things that only we do.

It's a conventional thing I find weird, think I hit the brief perfectly. If you want a drink have a drink, why waste time having a hot one.

I'd bet 90% of people would rather give up the net than hot drinks.

Commuting (as an active choice as opposed to not being physically/financially able to work on your doorstep)

There are 24 hours in a day. I work for 8.5 of them (including lunch break). Sleep for between 5 and 8 of them. Subtract the time eating, cooking, food shopping, washing, cleaning, shitting and pissing and so forth, it leaves a fairly small slice of time per day to do things I actually enjoy, which don't include sitting on buses, trains, or being stuck in traffic. So until I find myself owning a sportscar and living and working on opposite ends of the Nurburgring Nordschleife, I'll take getting home to my cramped city centre apartment at quarter to 6 over a nice spacious home in the suburbs which I won't see till 7 o'clock every night.

I seem to know an awful lot of people who have to drop their dog at a parent/grandparent's house when going to work. As if the dog will top itself if it's alone for 8 hours.

It won't, but it might raid your fridge, knock your hifi over and take a dump on your DFS sofa. That's why I never leave a new girlfriend alone in my house for the first 6 months. You can't be too careful.

Drinking milk by the gallon. You know it came from a cows tit right? It's for baby cows not humans, sick fuck.

Getting circumcised for cosmetic reasons or because Abraham did it. 'Women prefer it, so much cleaner'. Who gives a fuck what women think, you fartskull. Some women think balls are ugly, why not cut them off too. And if you had it done because of Abraham, your parents deserve a punch in the cock/tits for being presumptuous that you'd love to have it done.

Balls are ugly, like old womens breasts.

the few odd sick fuckers that iron bed-sheets and/or under-wear.

why? fucking why?

There are very few things in life more relaxing than getting into a freshly made bed made up of freshly ironed Egyptian cotton sheets.

Never shack up with a woman (or a man) who does these things.

Watch it! Mr Melons is lucky to have those ironed sheets!

They are bit weird looking at first, but after you've had a few women you do tend to understand vaginas better.

Don't worry, you'll get better with experience.

Thus giving further weight to the hypothesis that, of the myriad possible fathers to CTs child, he himself is definitly not in the frame.

Body fascist. The balls may not have the most attractive container but they are necessary, much like a fluffy bum-bag for ones iPod.

Thats easy to say, but there was no fucking need for nature to make the scrotum and the elbow skin from the same stuff. No need whatsoever.

What's strange about celebrating birthdays?

What better excuse for doing something you want day

Fair enough, its more the concept of why it would be something worthy of celebration in the first place which is odd to me. Can't be arsed with them personally. Then again I feel the same about Christmas and Easter, unless the reasons are religious.

Also, the giving and receiving of presents is for the most part bollocks in my opinion. I appreciate it but don't buy them and don't expect any from others. Particularly when it's just the latest expensive luxury or something practical which could easily be bought yourself. Personal ones with something 'special' about them are alright.

Cars. By that I mean people who break theirs necks to drive round in a trophy box that loses value hand over fist. My car is twelve years old, reliable and gets me to work and back, if someone prangs it in the Asda car park I won't lose sleep, if it breaks down I will fix it myself. If it dies I will simply buy another.

The love of music. Music has never been anything other than a pleasant distraction to me, something I do when I'm bored or on a flight, the idea of 'not being able to live without it' as I hear a lot of people claim is baffling to me.

+1 on that. Music is great when you're in the mood, which is about 1% of the time.

Especially baffling to me are those people who pay 200 quid to stand in cow shit for three days and listen to a load of average bands. Folks, you do know that all those songs are available on CD and MP3, yeah? Plus the sound quality is much better, and some pikey probably won't nick all your shit if you're listening to it at home.

Should add one of my own: leaving the toilet seat down. 99% of people do this. Why? For fuck's sake leave the seat UP. When I eventually come to need a shit, I don't want to be sitting in your fucking piss.