You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

I see that nob'ead Orn-stain just changed the title slightly from "Suarez to consider putting transfer request" to "Suarez to consider legal action".

Wow! Shock and awe in action! I mean, maybe he is hoping Ayre will be on the phone to Wenger first thing in the morning pronto closing the deal, right?

Exactly what I thought as well.

All he needs to do is submit a transfer request, he doesn't need legal action to push a move through. Strange alteration to the article.

55 quid a week and the cunt's ridiculing that they have an opinion, you may be able to afford that, not many round here can.

Look at it from his perspective though, apparently (from what I gather by the little you've posted) some fan tried to have a go at him on twatter. That fan presumably can afford 55 quid a week, but has likely never worked his ass off to play professional football for a top side and still not got regular playing time and/or been found to be not good enough. He even implies that he's fine with the fan having an opinion but doesn't understand why it needs to be twatted at him.

Bringing money into it when you're got millions is certainly a low blow but I don't know what the fuck was said to him in the first place either. I'm sure some sort of provocation was there, but it's not been show has it?

Is it just me or is anyone else getting really bored with this?

He is going. (I don't want him to but that isn't an option any more)

The only things we don't yet know are where to and for how much.

He won't hand in a transfer request because it will cost him millions. So the club will hold out for top whack ($50m+). If he hands in a transfer request he can probaly go for about £45m.

I just want him to fuck off now so we can get it over and done with and focus on the season to come.

Guest San Don
Is it just me or is anyone else getting really bored with this?

He is going. (I don't want him to but that isn't an option any more)

The only things we don't yet know are where to and for how much.

He won't hand in a transfer request because it will cost him millions. So the club will hold out for top whack ($50m+). If he hands in a transfer request he can probaly go for about £45m.

I just want him to fuck off now so we can get it over and done with and focus on the season to come.

These transfers are just a fucking circus nowadays. Look at ronaldo, el sulko, bale etc.

The whole thing just pisses me off. I read yesterday someone going the game today said they were going to sing suarez' name louder than ever before (as is their right) but I thought what the fuck for? To show the player some loyalty or encourage him to stay?

Nah, I wont sing his name after the 'loyalty' he's shown. All summer I've read people saying the english media had twisted his words or, read so and so's translation of what he really said. Fact is, he wants out, gives us the 50m and good fucking bye.

I see that nob'ead Orn-stain just changed the title slightly from "Suarez to consider putting transfer request" to "Suarez to consider legal action".

Wow! Shock and awe in action! I mean, maybe he is hoping Ayre will be on the phone to Wenger first thing in the morning pronto closing the deal, right?

I spotted that too. Question is, why is a public service broadcaster acting like a tabloid? And it's not just Suarez that has had their tabloid treatment.

Seems to me that sympathetic Arsenal journo's are being briefed by agents and Arsenal. Suarez wants out but doesn't want to be the one to be seen to be driving the issue. Once he has left, he then wants to give an interview saying that Liverpool wanted to sell him. I think the club do actually want to sell, but they want a transfer request so Suarez can then be blamed for the move.

Its all about the hearts and minds of fans etc now - I think both sides want the move, he will move - but each wants to blame the other to save the backlash

Seems to me that sympathetic Arsenal journo's are being briefed by agents and Arsenal. Suarez wants out but doesn't want to be the one to be seen to be driving the issue. Once he has left, he then wants to give an interview saying that Liverpool wanted to sell him. I think the club do actually want to sell, but they want a transfer request so Suarez can then be blamed for the move.

Its all about the hearts and minds of fans etc now - I think both sides want the move, he will move - but each wants to blame the other to save the backlash

No it's not. It's about money, not having to sell to another PL club and our ability to line up any sort of half decent replacement given our lack of CL football.

No it's not. It's about money, not having to sell to another PL club and our ability to line up any sort of half decent replacement given our lack of CL football.

I see what your saying but, if Arsenal came up with enough money we would sell to them as much as we all hate that.

What I was aluding to is that each side ( LFC and Suarez) would like to blame the other for him leaving as they could feed that line to the fans

Rodgers is handling this brilliant, he said in press conference today he doesn't wana sell Suarez, he mentioned the £40,000001 bid and mentioned Gareth bale fee been discussed. Suarez ain't going nowhere unless there's a bid close to £60m, even at that.

I thought the consensus was that we must slam Rodgers for his lack of nous even when he's handling something well?

These players lose reality, fifty five quid is a haircut for them, a cheap one probably.

For most people is it a large proportion of their weekly income, hope you continue to play well but think about the working class people who pay your wages.

I can see why we have got shot of him. One sentence tells it all.

These players lose reality, fifty five quid is a haircut for them, a cheap one probably.

For most people is it a large proportion of their weekly income, hope you continue to play well but think about the working class people who pay your wages.

I can see why we have got shot of him. One sentence tells it all.

Its probably how most of our squad feel as well.

Agree with TP that Rodgers has handled this well, I don't see how any criticism can be levelled at the club over this. To be honest, I wouldn't be arsed if we sold him to arsenal, they'd still be shite and - to be honest - I don't think he'd go down well in their dressing room and would probably be off next year anyway. I'd rather we offloaded him to them than the other top clubs who might actually have a fucking clue what to do with him. That being said, I'm fucking bored with it - wish he'd just go now.