You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

If Madrid don't get Bale which is looking highly likely they wont. Interesting Gerard saying he wont be going to a English club but hasn't ruled out a club from another league could appear for him and he goes.

Would be funny if he came back from Uruguay, signed an extension, thanked the fans for his support.....................

Only for Real to come in with an offer the next day.

I think he would spontaneously combust

Would be funny if he came back from Uruguay, signed an extension, thanked the fans for his support.....................

Only for Real to come in with an offer the next day.

I think he would spontaneously combust

Nothing would surprise me over this anymore.

Would be sods law though.

If Madrid don't get Bale which is looking highly likely they wont. Interesting Gerard saying he wont be going to a English club but hasn't ruled out a club from another league could appear for him and he goes.

I think Real will get Bale, but yeah if they don't we're probably going to have to face late bids. Hopefully not too late so we're screwed like with the Torres transfer if so.

So he wants a new contract, eh? One with an actual buyout clause? Or will it go something like this?

Ayre: A new contract, Luis. Absolutely, just sign here for another pay rise and to fend off those competitors.

LS: And what about that 60 million sentence

Ayre: Of course, once a Champions League team offers 60 million and a penny, we'll let them talk about a move for you.

PereG: You mean it's a buyout clause for Luis?

Ayre: if that's what you like to call it in Spain. I say potayto, you say potato; I say black, you say negro; I kick his shin, Luis bites his arm...Right, just sign here, smile for the cameras, and we're all done. Got to meet my dishy lady and show her I'm not past it yet (or alternatively the bonus FSG will give me for this one -- works just as well).

This from the paragon of true journalism, Tribal Football. I personally think it's a windup.

Suarez tells journo: I'm staying with Liverpool

to sign new contract

Submitted by tribalfootball.com on Wed, 08/14/2013 - 03:43

Share on email Share on print

Luis Suarez is being tipped to stay with Liverpool and to even sign a new contract.

The striker has been pushing for a move away from Merseyside all summer, but it is claimed he could now be ready to abandon those plans – and even sign a new deal.

Martin Charquero, of GolTV Latin American, claimed that the forward told him personally he would not leave Anfield.

He tweeted: “Luis Suarez confirms to me he will not leave Liverpool. The support of the fans has influenced his *decision.”

"Suarez see it as likely that he'll sign a renewal (extension) to the contract that binds him to Liverpool."

Sorry for boring you fellas, didn't get much sleep surfing all over the web following this story. Here's one sane Arse fan's reaction.

"I am an Arsenal fan, and have posted on several articles during this saga. Although I was desperate to see a player of Suarez's caliber come to our club, if this article is true, then I am gonna commend the owner and club of Liverpool FC for doing whatever they had to do to keep their star player. They didn't give in to player power, and stuck to their guns, even though it could of cost them points, money, a CL spot, or even a little pride. Looking at it now, I wish Arsenal could have grown some balls and kept some of our star players who forced moves year, after year, after year. I still don't think some Brendan Rodger's PR and man-management tactics were the best over the past couple of weeks in regards to Suarez, but I will admit the club as a whole came out of this as winners, and will give credit where credit is due.

What now for Arsenal? We're missing out on target after target...feel like to much effort was put into this deal that we didn't really work hard enough in strengthening our squad, which is really light at the moment."

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Operation Climbdown gathering momentum.

Yeah, that's exactly what it looks like to me. To be totally honest, I'd be happy about it. If he engineers a way for him to come back and play like the Suarez we knew last season, it'll help us with our objective of getting into the top four.

I strongly believe we can improve without him, but it'll be easier to do so if we sell him whilst we're back in the CL.

Some Arsenal reaction:

Anyhow, can't tell if the agent has been incompetent with regards to the clause or played a blinder (and us for fools) by getting his client a new contract - or maybe a bit of both.

Holy **** wouldn't that be amazing if he played Wenger and us like total mugs the whole time.

Well ... The s**t hits the fan. If this is true, target other players for the holes in our squad and get a lower profile striker for now.

Squad is woeful right now. Joke of a window so far. Looks like Miyaichi,Sanogo Frimpong Gnabry and maybe even Zelalem will be significantly involved in the first team.

Season's about to start, what the hell are Wenger and Gazidis waiting for. Penny pinching isn't going to buy us any points, probably going to cost us in the short run.

But I found out another thing:

Kike Marin** ‏@Kike_Marin_ 29s

El Arsenal no tiene prisa. La oferta está hecha -40 millones + 1 libra- y es Luis Suárez quien debe convencer al Liverpool para que negocie

Means >>

The Arsenal no hurry. The offer is made -40,000,000 + 1 lbs-and Luis Suarez, who must convince the Liverpool to negotiate

Martin Charquero ‏@MartinCharquero 7h

ATENCIÓN. Luis Suárez me confirma que no se ira de Liverpool. El apoyo de los hinchas en las últimas semanas influyeron en la decision.

Google says: Luis Suarez I confirmed that Liverpool will not go. The support of the fans in recent weeks influenced the decision.

Hmmm. This morning Ed Malyon of the Mirror said that there's going to be a contract extension and most likely there'll be a release clause in there that's a little bit more airtight.

Not sure I'm that pleased at all by this news to be honest. It feels like it felt when I was punching well above my weight with this hot posh bird, she wanted to split up but later decided she'd give it a bit longer. How very charitable.

The split is still inevitable and the inetrim will never be as good as it was previously.

Real Madrid may still come back in now that they've back tracked on Bale. This may be a good thing.

Not sure I'm that pleased at all by this news to be honest. It feels like it felt when I was punching well above my weight with this hot posh bird, she wanted to split up but later decided she'd give it a bit longer. How very charitable.

The split is still inevitable and the inetrim will never be as good as it was previously.

Real Madrid may still come back in now that they've back tracked on Bale. This may be a good thing.

[YOUTUBE]N-TZ8Z5S9rI[/YOUTUBE]