You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

Sid Lowe said this at the Guardian :

Suárez has no intention of apologizing. He made it clear in the interview that he believes that the club and manager have broken a promise; the coach's latest remarks can only have added to that sensation. In his opinion it is Rodgers who has lied and reneged on a deal.

Luis Suarez bides his time in face of Liverpool's hard line | Football | The Guardian

He seems biased towards Luis but maybe that's because he did the interview with him and feels sorry for him in a way? I don't know what his history is as a journo but he seems well respected on that site either way.

If Rodgers did say things at the end of last season that Luis is now saying, how does this get resolved? Is Rodgers going to backtrack? Luis isn't going to say he's apologized when he hasn't, that seems for sure, and if he feels he isn't in the wrong and also puts in a transfer request, this might have a way to go yet.

It just seems too simple at this stage to think he's simply going to apologize and we'll all be back to cheering him on in the near future. He still might not even play for us again.

As much as it feels strange saying it, if Rodgers has said things to him last season about being able to go, or at least talk with other clubs, etc, or something related, Luis can't fully be to blame. We can't just demonize him, especially when some are bringing up similar problems that might have also occurred with at least Raul, Torres and Masch.

Henry and Rodgers have both done well as far as we can see, but there's probably another side to this that at least needs acknowledging.

Edited by Red Phoenix

You have to wonder with him too : what if he really does just tell Rodgers and the owners to fuck off and leaves the country? If Tevez did it you can be sure Luis has the capability of doing it too if pushed far enough.

What's the worst that can happen to him? He doesn't get paid until we sell him? If so, why is he going to fear that? This club might seem like a nightmare to him at some stage after all that's happened (even if he has caused a lot of it himself.) and it could push him over the edge.

You have to wonder with him too : what if he really does just tell Rodgers and the owners to fuck off and leaves the country? If Tevez did it you can be sure Luis has the capability of doing it too if pushed far enough.

What's the worst that can happen to him? He doesn't get paid until we sell him? If so, why is he going to fear that? This club might seem like a nightmare to him at some stage after all that's happened (even if he has caused a lot of it himself.) and it could push him over the edge.

There isn't a chance he'll go to the World Cup without having kicked a ball in a year.

If we don't sell, he'll come crawling back as soon as soon as the window shuts- maybe even after a brief Uruguyan sojourn.

The club holds the aces here.

Luis Suarez is a world class Liverpool player that has been hounded by the British press since he arrived in England. The daily slurs in tabloids and online seem to have convinced some of our fans.

I can't wait to see him back on the pitch banging in wonder goals for us. What will be the next ploy whenever we get Champions League next season?

There isn't a chance he'll go to the World Cup without having kicked a ball in a year.

If we don't sell, he'll come crawling back as soon as soon as the window shuts- maybe even after a brief Uruguyan sojourn.

The club holds the aces here.

Was thinking more of the short term really, and if things got to the worst until January approaches and something has to be sorted out. It's likely none of this will go that far anyway. I think the club seems in a lot better position too but Luis is clearly a mad one at times and it leaves me wondering.

Either way will be glad when the window is shut and this is over with to a degree at least.

Anyway,

Looks like he is staying, well, until January at least. Shocked I am. Thought it was only a mater of time before we were told how much and where to.

So, what is the route back to the first team - where we need him - at his wrist-kissing Evra-abusing, Ivanovic-biting best?

I reckon there will be a bit of a lull and in a week or so he will issue a full apology, blame the media, his representatives, bad advice, poor translation etc etc. He will beg forgiveness and soon be back in the fold. Just in time for the end of his ban.

Pretty much how I feel about it too although I will say if Madrid come in with a huge offer (Bale-sized) then I could us selling despite Henry saying otherwise, unless it really is the last day of the window. I figure with the new scouting team that two weeks would be enough to find a decent replacement or two and we'd save the rest for January and/or next summer.

I definitely see Suarez pulling a U-Turn and I'm actually not convinced he'll leave at all if we get CL qualification (especially if we get that and a trophy or two) and it seems like it's all blown over, except maybe for Madrid or Barcelona.

Sid Lowe said this at the Guardian :

Luis Suarez bides his time in face of Liverpool's hard line | Football | The Guardian

He seems biased towards Luis but maybe that's because he did the interview with him and feels sorry for him in a way? I don't know what his history is as a journo but he seems well respected on that site either way.

If Rodgers did say things at the end of last season that Luis is now saying, how does this get resolved? Is Rodgers going to backtrack? Luis isn't going to say he's apologized when he hasn't, that seems for sure, and if he feels he isn't in the wrong and also puts in a transfer request, this might have a way to go yet.

It just seems too simple at this stage to think he's simply going to apologize and we'll all be back to cheering him on in the near future. He still might not even play for us again.

As much as it feels strange saying it, if Rodgers has said things to him last season about being able to go, or at least talk with other clubs, etc, or something related, Luis can't fully be to blame. We can't just demonize him, especially when some are bringing up similar problems that might have also occurred with at least Raul, Torres and Masch.

Henry and Rodgers have both done well as far as we can see, but there's probably another side to this that at least needs acknowledging.

The big difference is that the other three (maybe Mascherano with some qualification) didn't behave in a borderline Odemwinge manner and try to force the issue so openly and publicly. Suarez has shown nothing but contempt for the club in his behaviour. LFC have, and needed to, stand up to this sort of behaviour - and should have done with Mascherano - otherwise it will continue. The message it sends to the players and their agents is very loud and very clear - behave professionally and properly otherwise the club will shit all over you.

The "you said, he said" debate isn't worth the paper it wasn't written on and all the parties involved know that and have known it all along.

Liverpool Football Club is far bigger than Luis Suarez or anyone else and will still be here just as big and loud and in yer face when me, Suarez and his representatives are rotting in the ground. Fuck 'em all. (but I do hope we will get to see him delivering some more magic before he does move on)

Luis Suarez is a world class Liverpool player that has been hounded by the British press since he arrived in England. The daily slurs in tabloids and online seem to have convinced some of our fans.

I can't wait to see him back on the pitch banging in wonder goals for us. What will be the next ploy whenever we get Champions League next season?

Eh? If you haven't noticed, he used those same British press to publicly shit on the club.

He's a fucking cunt and I hope we sell him abroad and move on from this mess.

I honestly don't even think there is genuine interest from Arsenal. I see this whole story as a ploy by Gazidis and Wenger to con the fans into thinking they are trying to compete. They knew very well how a bid for Suarez would be greeted by us, and we have probably played right into their hands.

Weeks ago they were linked with Rooney and Higuain, who were both allegedly 'available' yet when it came to actually submitting an offer... Arsenal were nowhere to be seen. Higuain joined Napoli without ever getting near to even talking to them, yet the press would have you believe Wenger was inking his pen and printing off the contract.

Arsenal are a total joke of a club, selling off their star players every year, and continuing to win the sum of !@#$%^&* all with the youngsters Wenger maintains are good enough to replace them. I had a bit of an argument with an Arsenal fan earlier who thought his club had "behaved impeccably" during this fiasco, and cannot understand why anyone is pointing their finger at his club. Its Suarez or bust as far as they are concerned, and when it does eventually fail - the fans will be able to look at eachother and think "well atleast Wenger tried"

Deluded cunts

The Arse are missing on other targets whilst waiting for the impossible. Maybe that's is exactly the plan...hoodwinking the Arse faithful.

Lowe is a good journalist. He reports on Spanish football, so he's probably being fed by Guardiola, who I expect is still feeling a bit bullish (and probably a bit bruised after events this week). Just a last hurrah. I expect an apology to be forthcoming.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

You know, all this has come about because Suarez has the mentally of a child. He can't help but let his emotions take over everything he does.

He saw CL and held his hands out and screamed, 'mummy I want it, I want it, please let me have it'. Rambling on about the press, about his family, about promises, they're just the same as when he sees the goal and tries to beat two men six times before scorung. He's a kid who's had too much cherry coke and is bouncing off the walls.

He's now shouting about how unfair his mummy is. After a time out he will realise what he has done and say how sorry he is and that he loves his mummy. Then he will be allowed out to play again. Until next time he sneaks some coke.

The one silver lining in all this is that this silly cunt is banned 6 games. There's more than enough time to sort it out.

Imagine we were worrying about him for any of those matches.

I feel the same way.

In a way, it's a massive blessing in disguise that he's banned. It will give time for the transfer window to close and then a month for tempers to cool and for him to accept what's ahead of him for this year.

If he hadn't been banned, we'd all be on here worried sick about what he might do next weekend against Stoke. Fake an illness, earn an intentional red card, bite someone ... or maybe show up, bang in a hat trick and kiss the badge. You never know what he might do in that situation.

You know, all this has come about because Suarez has the mentally of a child. He can't help but let his emotions take over everything he does.

He saw CL and held his hands out and screamed, 'mummy I want it, I want it, please let me have it'. Rambling on about the press, about his family, about promises, they're just the same as when he sees the goal and tries to beat two men six times before scorung. He's a kid who's had too much cherry coke and is bouncing off the walls.

He's now shouting about how unfair his mummy is. After a time out he will realise what he has done and say how sorry he is and that he loves his mummy. Then he will be allowed out to play again. Until next time he sneaks some coke.

That's spot on, I've thought that for quite a while. We're not dealing with an inherently nasty or calculating piece of work here just a very juvenile one throwing his toys out of the pram. Showing a bit of parental authority might actually do the trick with him.

Much of his behaviour on the pitch points towards this, adults biting is a real sign of a child like lack of impulse control.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
That's spot on, I've thought that for quite a while. We're not dealing with an inherently nasty or calculating piece of work here just a very juvenile one throwing his toys out of the pram. Showing a bit of parental authority might actually do the trick with him.

Much of his behaviour on the pitch points towards this, adults biting is a real sign of a child like lack of impulse control.

Plus he has Pere Von Bollockface egging him on to do it. I'm not excusing his behaviour at all, he has been a proper cunt. He is a petulant little prick who can't control himself. The problem is, we've known that, we've always known that; we've seen it on the field and at other clubs, and we backed him and loved him both in spite of it and because of it. We really should have known it was coming. If you lie with dogs, you get up with flees. If you stick your head in the mouth of a lion, don't be surprised if you get bitten. Lion tamers are in total 100% control. Until they aren't.

Cherry coke is awesome though.

Just on the point of whether Rodgers said what Luis claim he did - what some people and Luis seem to not understand is that Brendan could have said "you can go if we don't make CL" and still reject Arsenal without breaking a promise.

"You can go" doesn't mean "you can go to anyone, for any price". Does this thick cunt really think we were just going to accept any fucking price for him after turning him into one of the biggest stars in world football?

Even if we have done everything you say we have Luis - we still haven't broken a promise. You thick twat.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I haven't had Cherry Coke for at least five years.

I had one in the States a while back. It was grim. I think they use corn syrup or something. Had one here the other week (in a bottle, not from a machine) and it was the king of drinks. The king, I tells ye.

I had one in the States a while back. It was grim. I think they use corn syrup or something. Had one here the other week (in a bottle' date=' not from a machine) and it was the king of drinks. The king, I tells ye.[/quote']

For fucks sake NV. I'm going to have to go out and buy one now as I'm dying for one.

Might as well get myself a kinder surprise too, been a while.

Quite probably.

Wouldn't surprise me as he seems to be really stupid.

If Real (or Bayern..or similar) had come in at the start of the window and put an offer on the table of 55 then he would have been gone, in good faith. Oddly (perhaps due to his petulant behaviour) they didn't. Suck it up Luis.