You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

Walcott is a Liverpool fan. If we can't convince a Liverpool fan to sign for Liverpool then we may as well give up!

I think if we'd have tried to sign him when he was at Southampton it would have more than likely made a difference (him being a fan). Their was a lot of talk (I know I know) before he signed his new deal, and a lot of respected journalists were saying if he left Arsenal and stayed in this country, he would not be moving out of London. I don't think he's what we would call a kopite.

It will be a massive decision for the club if Arsenal come in with 50 million or more. There are good arguments on both sides for refusing or accepting an offer like that. If Arsenal had a clue they would be smart to challenge FSG with a bid like that in the next few days.

Apparently arsenal fans were chanting Suarez name and Wenger gave them a big thumbs up. Don't sell to them pricks under any circumstances whatsoever they have took the piss I want to see their fans suffer, the cunts.

I's all well and good saying don't sell to Arsenal, but what happens if no-one else comes in for him? We need replacements.

I still think that City and/or Chelsea will arrive on the scene at some stage once it becomes apparent that RM are not interested.

It's a tough situation but the more I think about it we really cannot agree to sell him to Arsenal it would be seriously detrimental to our own CL ambitions.

On the assumption that City, Chelsea and the other one are almost guaranteed a top 4 finish and without stating the fucking obvious that basically means we would be fighting it out with a weakened Spurs (assuming they lose their best player this summer) and Arsenal.

It would be madness to do that.

If nobody else comes in for him at the right selling price then we simply must take a stance with him that City did with Tevez and bench the cunt until he eventually comes to his senses and realises that he's strangling his own career and prospects by (a) Sulking (b) Not playing © Not giving of his best.

I mean as much as we may complain about FSG sometimes it's not as if they/we NEED the money in the sense that H&G did.

If (when) we lose Suarez, and Spurs lose Bale, who will be the more weakened team overall ? I know it depends on who the replacements are, but looking at the end of last season and this pre-season, I think Spurs will miss Bale shitloads more than we will miss Suarez.

I's all well and good saying don't sell to Arsenal, but what happens if no-one else comes in for him? We need replacements.

We should be able to strengthen the team whether Suarez stays or goes. He's going at some point that's a given be it this window or the next. If we are Seriously only going to spend if Suarez cash becomes available the we are truly fucked and this talk of top 4 and being successful is just fantasy. Broke clubs don't win big.

Anyone but arsneal for me, no one comes in he stays. That simple.

I'd argue Arsenal need a keeper, centre half and a good solid midfielder more than they need an extra ten goals - they are hoping he will attract other players as a demonstration of their intent - fine, but they have to pay for that. Lets not kid ourselves, Arsenal are as desperate for this type of signing and will pay over the odds for him because of what they believe it will say about their ambitions.

We cannot afford to be picky - if Arsenal are the only option then so be it. He isn't going to offer anything positive to us, if we have him causing trouble for a year, taking the club to court (which he will) then we will be lucky to get our money back for him.

If (when) we lose Suarez, and Spurs lose Bale, who will be the more weakened team overall ? I know it depends on who the replacements are, but looking at the end of last season and this pre-season, I think Spurs will miss Bale shitloads more than we will miss Suarez.

We'll be weaker unless we go and buy at least 3 starters. Soldado will probably replace Bale's goals. Depends on how the rest of their signings do I think they could be stronger without him as they're buying good, starting 11 players.

The transfer fee isn't everything - I'd rather Spurs didn't have £80m burning a whole in their pocket but at the same time, logic suggests 4 £20m players would be paid comensurate wages - so rather than pay Bale £120k a week, you are paying 4 players £100k a week! That is an extra £10m (ish) a year on your wage bill. I'd also argue that Napoli are a much better side this year than they were last year so it is about finding the balance!

We were buying another forward anyhow, we just need two - i'd be happy with Costa and Willian. We don't hold all the cards, we just have to get the best deal out of this situation - which at present involves getting more money from Arsenal.

He stays, is what happens. It's a world cup year, so it's up to him if he wants to spend the year on the sidelines sulking or if he gets a grip and honor his contract.

But what good is that to us?

Does us more good than letting him go to Arsenal i think.

But my point was more towards that i think it's unlikely he'll continue to sulk if he doesent get his move. It's gonna be his loss more than ours, and i really dont think it's in his character as a player, even though he clearly is a fucked up individual.

Look at the Tevez situation. Most though it was well beyond repair, but he came back and still delivered.

He stays, is what happens. It's a world cup year, so it's up to him if he wants to spend the year on the sidelines sulking or if he gets a grip and honor his contract.

He would still get in Uruguays side ,no matter what.

And that's even presuming they qualify(which they may well not)

But my point was more towards that i think it's unlikely he'll continue to sulk if he doesent get his move. It's gonna be his loss more than ours, and i really dont think it's in his character as a player, even though he clearly is a fucked up individual.

Look at the Tevez situation. Most though it was well beyond repair, but he came back and still delivered.

His loss more than ours?

His value would plummet.

And then went for the princely sum of 7m. When others were going for 50m.

I've been quite shocked at how he has behaved considering the support, even after yesterday his interview with Marca is pretty much a reiteration of what he said on Tuesday! I want him out of the club, as I don't think he will offer us anything next year other than trouble - and a year of him causing trouble will seriously hinder our chances of getting a fair fee next season.

He won't miss the world cup, he doesn't play for Spain, Uruguay can't afford to leave him out.

In all fairness to Tevez, he never caused anywhere near the problems Suarez has - and Mancini was far less amiable than Rodgers. This isn't Rafa, or Ged who he fell out with Rodgers is a really good man manager by all accounts. And City could afford to write off the fee - which is what they did, he still left for a fraction of what he was worth - we simply cannot afford to do that.

If Suarez leaves then we need the money to replace him. We can't afford any other option - he has only been at the club for 2 and half seasons and look at how much trouble he has caused us! Him at the club for a season of punishment is not going to do us any good.