You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

With all the talk about him wanting to play in the CL it's easy to forget we're not even in the fecking Europa League, a league he took seriously enough to play some absolute blinders in - including the night we went out.

If you look at our season, there's not much to be proud of. Even when we had a good run in the middle, and looked as if we still might have a chance to get 4th place, we bottled it badly.

If I'm honest, we don't look very attractive. If we sell him - and how can we not - it will be difficult to attract decent players, I think.

When Arsenal had RVP they barely scraped 4th, so quite how much Suarez is going to improve them I am not sure - i'd have no problems selling to them for £50m - this would also limit their ability to improve their defence, and their midfield and their keeper!

Just get the prick out of the club. They are not buying 30 goals a seaon, they are buying an extra 10. I'm pretty confident that Sturridge will get 25 plus this season.

Guest davelfc

Dave, you're the one who replied to me. You were telling me to stop replying to you yesterday. I've no intention of putting anybody on ignore. I can handle disagreement, you seem to get really irritated by it. It's just a forum.

For want of better words, I find you to be a prick. Well not all of the time, just some of it. I'd prefer no contact with you at all and as I quitting when the site moves I guess i can bear you for as long as that takes. You make a lot of good points, I agree with a lot you say, you're just a prick sometimes. I'm sure offline you're not like that at all. To balance it out, I am a prick sometimes, probably more than I would prefer to be.

I've changed my mind millions of times, probably more through football than anything else in my life. Guess it's a sport that means emotions can sway your thoughts a lot. Who would have thought so many would now be disliking suarez, how fucking dare they change their mind.

I've never thought that I am right, I have an opinion and I go with that until someone or something convinces me otherwise. I stand by anything I've ever posted, although I might not hold that opinion anymore as events and circumstances change it for me.

Fuck it, I'm blocking you, wow how quick was that change of mind. I just know I'll get a cunt of a reply that you'll no doubt masturbate to furiously once you've written it.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
They still shouldn't sell to Arsenal. If no one else wants him, he stays.

I do wonder how he'll react if he's forced to stay. If he doesn't play well, clubs won't want him. If he plays well and scores, what's he going to do? Just not celebrate?

Guest davelfc
They still shouldn't sell to Arsenal. If no one else wants him, he stays.

If nobody else comes in then I can see them selling to Arsenal. Of course that isn't something I want but if there's no choice then what can you do, have a disgruntled troublemaker or the cash to buy a willing and eager replacement.

If nobody else comes in then I can see them selling to Arsenal. Of course that isn't something I want but if there's no choice then what can you do, have a disgruntled troublemaker or the cash to buy a willing and eager replacement.

I'd rather keep him than sell to Arsenal. The club will look weak selling him to Arsenal.

Guest davelfc
I'd rather keep him than sell to Arsenal. The club will look weak selling him to Arsenal.

I prefer looking weak to being weak. Well of course in an ideal world I would not want him sold to arsenal, they (the club) might have little option. I'm not saying I would like it but if spent wisely we could end up stronger than having a troublemaker on our hands. A troublemaker whose value will only decrease if he's not playing and mouthing to the press.

The perfect solution would be for suarez to get his head down and stay, does anyone really think this is going to happen. Let's hope a foreign team come in for him for the right money.

Would anyone take Walcott and cash for him?

I prefer looking weak to being weak. Well of course in an ideal world I would not want him sold to arsenal, they (the club) might have little option. I'm not saying I would like it but if spent wisely we could end up stronger than having a troublemaker on our hands. A troublemaker whose value will only decrease if he's not playing and mouthing to the press.

The perfect solution would be for suarez to get his head down and stay, does anyone really think this is going to happen. Let's hope a foreign team come in for him for the right money.

Would anyone take Walcott and cash for him?

I think we will be being weak by selling Arsenal.

Do you think he will behave himself and contribute if he stays? I could see him staying, behaving like a twat, and RM coming in for him in January at a knock down price. That's the scenario that the club need to decide whether they are prepared to countenance. We may not get offered more than, say, 20 million for him. That means the club could lost 25 million pounds, 6 months of development time, and allow the little shit to poison the atmosphere in the dressing room. I'm not sure I would be prepared to lose all that out of principle.

As I say, it's one of many possible scenarios, but it's as likely as any other.

For the avoidance of any doubt, I really don't want him to go to Arsenal.

What we prefer is rather irrelevant at this stage! He isn't going to be a stoic team member, he is going to be a troublesome cunt for the rest of the season - we have a young team who do not need that shit. Are people seriously suggesting that if we insist he stays he will be an asset next season? I think that is seriously optimistic, bordering on stupidity.

Unfortunately Arsenal are the only team in for him - i'd say it is about getting as much as possible, and eating into their transfer kitty as much as possible, which I think £50m would do.

We stand up to Arsenal - they spend the £50m on somebody else and improve their team anyway, we have a malcontent at the the club offering us nothing, and we don't have any money to replace him for a year! That isn't being strong it is being stupid, in my opinion.

As a caveat - nothing in Suarez's history suggest he will quietly go about his business, thinking through the consequences of his actions!

Guest Numero Veinticinco

A lot of this depends on Arsenal coming in again with another offer. We're clearly not selling for £40m (+ a quid), but we have no idea if they'll go anywhere near 50m.

A lot of this depends on Arsenal coming in again with another offer. We're clearly not selling for £40m (+ a quid)' date=' but we have no idea if they'll go anywhere near 50m.[/quote']

Apparently they've got the ability and desire to and I won't be surprised if they come back in after the weekend with such an offer.

But I seriously don't think we will sell to Arsenal. Maybe I'm naive and last night was bluster but I get the impression we're really fucked off with them and Luis combined. And that, before this, we were all looking forward to challenging them for fourth and really felt we could beat them to it.

If this never had happened and Luis stayed, along with a couple of top class players coming in, I really think we'd have been a great shout for top four.

Just seen Carra on Sky, interesting how he's basically saying he hasn't been performing in training, he's turned up today singing and tapping the steering wheel with his daughter in the car. Bell.

After seeing him sobbing yesterday, it's clearer than ever that the racist is a more unstable individual than even the most outlandish articles have suggested.

I don't think we should consider selling him to Arsenal or selling him at a reduced prize to anyone else. He's sold only if someone other than a domestic rival match the asking prize. This might lead to finacial loss and a sulking player, but I think we need to make a stand. The club needs to make it clear that the kind of strategy Luis is following will lead you nowhere. If we sell him to Arsenal now we've given players a perfect example of how to force your way out of your obligation to the club. Ultimately it's about respect for the club, something more important than money or Luis Suarez.