You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

Such a shame it's come to this.

He could have sat down properly with the club and explained that he wanted to go, and then come to some agreement. It's not yet at Tevez levels, but it's getting that way.

All supposing the club are being honest (which I believe) and Suarez is lying / misleading, then he has to go, but clearly as part of a deal that Liverpool see fit.

To Arsenal? maybe. It might feel like giving a helping hand to a rival, but he's a poisoned chalice too. Much like Tevez / Adebayor etc eventually the negative side of him will come to the fore again.

Fantastic player who could have done so much more for Liverpool, but the club's bigger than him, and keeping him will only result in the same situation again come January or next season. The sooner he's gone the sooner someone else who WANTS to play for Liverpool can start bedding in.

Fair play to Rogers for striking a giving a tempered response to events but at the same time, making his displeasure very clear. In terms of PR, LFC have just scored a hat-trick and Suarez an own goal.

I think if you can hold out for 45 million, you'll have got the better part of a deal. And if he did move elsewhere in the PL, then his next serious transgression will cause no end of trouble for him. Better Arsenal take that gamble than Liverpool I'd say.

Good stuff by Rodgers / Henry- lets hope they stick to it, particularly the bit about never selling to Arsenal.

I can understand people saying get rid of him now, even if it is to Arsenal- but that is what the little shit wants and is playing for with the latest outburst. Let the little shithouse weasel train on his own during world cup year. Rather sell him for £30M to anyone abroad next year than to arsenal at any cost.

Such a shame it's come to this.

He could have sat down properly with the club and explained that he wanted to go, and then come to some agreement. It's not yet at Tevez levels, but it's getting that way.

All supposing the club are being honest (which I believe) and Suarez is lying / misleading, then he has to go, but clearly as part of a deal that Liverpool see fit.

To Arsenal? maybe. It might feel like giving a helping hand to a rival, but he's a poisoned chalice too. Much like Tevez / Adebayor etc eventually the negative side of him will come to the fore again.

Fantastic player who could have done so much more for Liverpool, but the club's bigger than him, and keeping him will only result in the same situation again come January or next season. The sooner he's gone the sooner someone else who WANTS to play for Liverpool can start bedding in.

Fair play to Rogers for striking a giving a tempered response to events but at the same time, making his displeasure very clear. In terms of PR, LFC have just scored a hat-trick and Suarez an own goal.

I think if you can hold out for 45 million, you'll have got the better part of a deal. And if he did move elsewhere in the PL, then his next serious transgression will cause no end of trouble for him. Better Arsenal take that gamble than Liverpool I'd say.

Ah..once again the voice of reason from our resident Manchester City supporter.Fucking astonishing.

50 mill is too low for Arsenal.

I want to see them implode with schisms after messing up another summer transfer window, rather than get on a high after finally netting a star.

We want a chance of the top four, remember. I think 3rd and 4th with be Moyes Utd and Arsenal with Suarez (and us without) easily. If Arsenal don't get Suarez I think we can compete for one of those spots, even if we sell him abroad and get two new strikers.

Not going to happen now after the owners statement.Not a chance in hell.

I don't know, seen it plenty of times with plenty of different clubs and players only for the move to go through

But I think it'd be great if they really do refuse to back down, I'd happily sell him to Madrid now or anyone really but Arsenal would be suicidal

Rodgers has absolutely fucking ruined Suarez in that Echo interview, brilliant stuff, just what you want from the leader of the club.

Totally agree.

For the first time in a long time there was LEADERSHIP at the club.

Not saying it is a sea-change, let's see how long it lasts once the transfer deadline is coming up etc.

BUT, maybe we have just seen the first steps towards LFC acting like a big club again.

Rodgers has gone up in my estimation.

Strong words.

The club won't be held to ransom.

Suarez should have done his research.

A three-man panel decided United were right to block Heinze’s dream move to Anfield, ruling a letter, signed by Red Devils chief executive David Gill, confirming the fee at which the Argentina defender’s current club would be willing to sell brought neither an obligation for a sale or superseded his present contract, which still has two years to run.

Totally agree.

For the first time in a long time there was LEADERSHIP at the club.

Not saying it is a sea-change, let's see how long it lasts once the transfer deadline is coming up etc.

BUT, maybe we have just seen the first steps towards LFC acting like a big club again.

Rodgers has gone up in my estimation.

Not yet a BR fan but I am really impressed by the way he and the club are handling this whole mess.

If the Owl had shown a similar amount of balls when dealing with Mascherano this probably wouldn't be happening.

I gave him a gold star for the way he dealt with the Reina situation and may have to give him another one. Three more and he will be able to get a job at McDonalds if it all goes Pete Tong.

I would like Nightcat to come on and give us the benefit of his opinion on the matter.

Is Nightcat the nickname Paul Mc logs on with when he's pissed?

We've been discussing the Suarez saga all afternoon, I've expressed my opinion some pages back.

You come here late night to post "well done Rodgers" and to sarcastically ask me to write my opinion on the issue. I've done that. How about you, do you even have an opinion, or do you just wait to read news and reactions to say well done this, fuck you that?

Have a feeling that we are going to crumble and accept Arsenal's £40M + 1 bid. We need to be a bit tougher, a bit like Spurs who always get top dollar for their best players. Suarez is easily worth £50M and we'd be stupid to sell for less.

I don't believe ANY player is worth that kind of money.

The game is being ruined by this sort of shit. Football isn't even that entertaining anymore. The money being thrown around by clubs only happens because of TV money payable - lets be honest, there's stuff all money in the game in terms of 'prize' money - the big money in the CL is all to do with TV rights.

I've just finished watching a fantastic Super Fifteen Rugby season where players salaries are capped at $200,000. Even Rugby league in Aussie has annual salaries at less than a million.

The game is fucked, well and trully. Most players now are the whores of football.

We've been discussing the Suarez saga all afternoon, I've expressed my opinion some pages back.

You come here late night to post "well done Rodgers" and to sarcastically ask me to write my opinion on the issue. I've done that. How about you, do you even have an opinion, or do you just wait to read news and reactions to say well done this, fuck you that?

I've got an opinion, you're a massive twat, cheers.

Everybody is praising Brendan for his echo interview which at first look appears pretty awesome. He says all the things us fans want to hear and does it to perfection.

Then you look at it again and maybe something about it hits you and you realise that he now has a perfect reason he can use if need be to offload Suarez to any club at any price,

Is that being cynical? well it might be but then again if you look back at how this whole thing has panned out then maybe it isn't.

The first couple of interviews Brendan gave over Suarez he dosent say a lot and then he done a echo interview. That interview was done in a totally different way to the other interviews, He mentions Arsenal s bid and then says something that never needed saying. He says it would take around £50 million to buy him and in the same sentence says but that dosent matter as he isn't for sale.

There began the Luis Suarez auction complete with starting bid or buy now bid. The other strange thing here apart from giving a price and saying he isn't for sale , he dosent say we wouldn't sell him to Arsenal anyway.

From that moment on at every possible opportunity him and Ayre have spoken about Suarez mentioned the Arsenal bid and mentioned he isn't for sale.

Arsenal then offer the £40 million and 1 pound bid . There is still no mention about not selling him to Arsenal, That came after a few days when it became clear that Arsenal would not pay more for him. Then we get the we wont sell to Arsenal statement.

What it dosent say is another English club.

Still the interviews keep coming and prices being thrown around and the he isn't for sale. It s pretty obvious we will sell him as he never stops talking about him .

The place we get to is right now ,

No other club has come for him and only arsenal have but we have said we wont sell him to them . The last Suarez interview happened on the day that John Henry just happens to come and watch the team play. He hasn't been here for 13 months and appears to watch us play a friendly game in Norway.

Coincidence Suarez does that interview on the same day to.

Now that Suarez has all but killed his chance to play in front of us again he has also given the club the perfect reason for them to sell to any club they want , Arsenal included for any price.

Do I think we will sell him to arsenal? well I don't think so but the club do want to sell him that's obvious and now they have a perfectly good reason they can use to sell him to them without appearing to of been lying about he isn't for sale daily quote.

It is going to be very interesting to see how all this turns out.