You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

It's simple really.

We don't sell him to Arsenal or Spurs under any circumstances.

We sell him overseas for as much as we can get, or loan him out for the season for a fee. In the unlikely even that Chelsea bid? I say we do business.

No offers from overseas? He stays until we receive a suitable offer.

It's simple really.

We sell him overseas for as much as we can get, or loan him out for the season for a fee. In the unlikely even that Chelsea bid? I say we do business.

What happens if we don't receive a suitable offer?

How are we going to replace him?

The guy is a serial liar and can't be trusted, and let's not forget promised Kenny he would shake Evra's hand and we all know how that panned out.

As much as I think Luis is being a cunt at the moment, it's a bit harsh to blame that one all on him. It's pretty clear that Evra lowered his hand when that happened and probably caused the issue himself in the first place.

Not that we got much help from the stupid as fuck UK media at the time. Especially the BBC, when they actually put the footage up that showed it clearly at first, then removed it shortly after, probably to try and make things even worse.

What happens if we don't receive a suitable offer?

How are we going to replace him?

The last resort for me would be keeping him at the club, but as Dave says in his ESPN piece, it's hard to envisage the owners wanting to pay him £150,000 a week (or whatever he is on) to sit on the sidelines. If no suitable offer for a permanent deal comes in then I would try to loan him out. Then I would probably try to bring someone like Gameiro in on loan.

On the positive side, we have Sturridge. I'll be more than happy to see him given an extended run as our main striker and goalscorer. I can see him scoring loads next season with the likes of Coutinho, Aspas, Alberto etc. providing the chances.

It's simple really.

Just think it's very unlikely, apart from the potential loss in transfer fee, paying a salary for a player who will clearly go out of his way to put himself out of consideration for selection (transfer requests, talking to the media, arbitration, legal action etc), the disruption and distraction he'll be.

He won't actually need to refuse to play, he's busily engineering a complete breakdown in the relationship.

Having him around stinking the place out, harping on about his betrayal and bid for freedom him will actually highlight our position even more. Quietly and quickly get rid.

Given his non attendance of Gerrard's testimonial dinner only a few days ago and clearly knowing what was coming down the line, Suarez today effectively ceased to be a Liverpool player as far as I'm concerned. Just get rid asap.

Nice to see people calling him names and stuff. Anyone who calls him racist after defending him for the last few years is getting negged.

He is going, fuck it, get as much as possible and move on. Calling him names and booing makes it look like he is bigger than the club

Nice to see people calling him names and stuff. Anyone who calls him racist after defending him for the last few years is getting negged.

He is going, fuck it, get as much as possible and move on. Calling him names and booing makes it look like he is bigger than the club

I totally agree with regard to booing, Stiggy. That would just make our fans look small-time. However, given the opportunity, I'd gladly call him a gobshite to his face. The way he is conducting himself is a piss-take, and that interview with The Guardian has really annoyed me. *

* I've had a bevvy.

He is going' date=' fuck it, get as much as possible and move on. Calling him names and booing makes it look like he is bigger than the club[/quote']

We had Mathewbet calling him a racist earlier, the twat. Got a nice little neg from him for pointing it out too, the cheeky meff.

How are them pakis in London Mathew, still pestering you?

Liverpool transfer news: PFA chief Gordon Taylor says Luis Suarez contract "does not say the club HAS to sell" - Mirror Online

Taylor said on talkSPORT: "There are different ways it can be interpreted. If it goes to the Premier League it will take time, and the window is then closed."

Taylor had earlier been critical of the use of 'buy-out clauses' in player contracts.

He said: "It is a delicate situation and we are trying to help.

"These buy-out clauses have caused no end of problems in the past and they continue to do so because of the way they were drafted at the time.

"He [suarez] believes the £40million amount that is mentioned, if that is offered that gives him the right to go.

"Liverpool, from their side, are saying that is a minimum figure from which they will consider negotiation and of course they will want to keep the player, unless they replace the player with someone as good or better, which is not going to be easy in a short period of time.

"We have been asked to try and help to sort the situation out and we have been trying to do that."

Taylor later told the Press Association the contract does not oblige Liverpool to sell Suarez:

"If you are going to have a supposed buy-out clause it should be that, but it is different as it says if there is no qualification for the Champions League and if there is a minimum offer of £40million then the parties will get around the table to discuss things but it does not say the club has to sell.

"It quite clearly states £40million is a minimum offer for discussions, but it becomes really difficult with such clauses.

"There is a 'good faith' clause in relation to serious discussions but I can't say it is cast-iron buy-out clause.

Quotes from the head of the PFA:

"If you are going to have a supposed buy-out clause it should be that, but it is different as it says if there is no qualification for the Champions League [by Liverpool] and if there is a minimum offer of £40million then the parties will get around the table to discuss things but it does not say the club has to sell.

"It quite clearly states £40million is a minimum offer for discussions, but it becomes really difficult with such clauses.

"There is a 'good faith' clause in relation to serious discussions but I can't say it is cast-iron buy-out clause.

"Luis is one of our members and we want to be supportive, however, he may well have thought such an offer would trigger a move.

"The interpretation is not that simple by any means and there is no guarantee of getting a (successful) result if it is referred to the Premier League.

"I just feel like in any other transfer it is better for both parties to get around the table to try to resolve it.

"You are hoping the club say 'If you are determined to go this is the figure we are looking at but if you are prepared to stay another year and you still want to go we will accept this much'.

"At the moment it is certainly festering and I don't think it is a good situation for the player or the clubs involved.

"It is not edifying and that is why I feel we had to do our best to get round the table and see if there are grounds for consideration for the move but it (the clause) is not specific and 100% certain.

"We are in touch with both parties to try to see if some resolution can be achieved that is satisfactory to both sides."

Surprised he'd be discussing presumably confidential contract clauses with the press?

All very civilized i'm sure. I've never agreed with booing ex players as it is pointless.

I can't see why anyone needs to waste their time calling him a racist now that he's off

The snide way he has gone about this is plenty reason enough to give the fucking snake all the abuse he deserves.

Looks like Bascombe had it right

"I'll take legal action you know?"

"Fine, go ahead."

"I mean it. I'm going to do it."

"We heard you. Call your lawyer. Be our guest. You’ll lose."

"This is your last warning. Sell me now or I'm going to see you in court."

"There is no exit clause, Luis. Do what you want."

"I'm going to count to ten now and if you haven't sold me, I'm taking legal action. One... (two week pause)... Two..."

Luis Suarez claims he has a release clause in contract. Liverpool say no. This is trench warfare, football style - Telegraph