You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

My one concern is that there are teams waiting to pounce towards the end of August after he's served a few games of his suspension. It's three in the league and one in the cup we play in August, right? I know Madrid are about to blow a wedge on Bale but- the sneaky twats that they are- I wouldn't be surprised if they threw a bid in one or two days before the window closes after he's sat a few games out.

Any team that tries that, I hope we tell them to get royally fucked. Last thing we need is another Torres- Carroll scenario.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
He's acting like a 14 year old hormonal teenager. And I've no doubt that if he stays he'll have a face on him for a few months. But I just don't see him not doing his job, and his mask slipped for a few seconds yesterday when Henderson scored. When he went over to pat Henderson on the head he smiled. He obviously forgot Pere's coaching.

Henderson's reaction at scoring a goal is almost exactly the same reaction as I'd have if Jessica Alba announced on TV that she wanted to give me a rimjob. Suarez looks like he's lost the winning lottery ticket. What's he going to do next time he scores in a league match? Is he going to act like my old PE teacher and just run to back to the centre circle without celebrating? He's such a passionate guy that it'll just fuck me off if we've lost that guy who, when banned, goes mental in the stands when we score.

Suarez looks like he's lost the winning lottery ticket. What's he going to do next time he scores in a league match?

You must know some pretty sanguine losers if you think he looks like he's lost the winning lottery ticket. 00.05 in. Keep in mind he and Guardiola are still playing the transfer game, so he's being told to mope.

[YOUTUBE]iMCb6G-Xpw8&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/YOUTUBE]

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I missed that first time around. Nice catch. The next few weeks are going to be a nightmare though. Best case scenario for me is that we get him to sign a new contract with a £50m clause in it for foreign teams if we don't make it to the CL.

But I just don't see him not doing his job, .

Like he did at Groningen you mean?

A club rejects an unacceptable offer for Luis Suárez. Suárez believes he is entitled to leave said club. The employer continues to say no and the employee calls in his lawyers. For Liverpool 2013 read Groningen 2007, and a reminder of how the striker has mastered implausible escapes off the field as well as on.

I don’t doubt your passion- but you are wrong across the board.

Negro can be used in a racial context.

It is you who failed to read the report. You asked for “one word of credible evidence”, you got one, confirmed by Luis himself ( and, helpfully by Kenny and Comolli).

You are right that most words have context- I wonder what the context was in a heated derby against our most hated enemies after Evra had just told him “that his sister was a cunt”?

Suarez was guilty of making reference to colour in his language- guilty by his own admission.

Should Evra also have been charged? Certainly. Was our handling of the case the biggest cock-up in the history of the Club? Yes. Should Ayre have resigned in shame? Yes.

This article is a pretty good summary:

FA Report Released On Luis Suarez Racism Charge - SBNation.com

Re-read the stuff I've already posted. Re-read the report. The exchange between Suarez and Evra was as I've described. The offences under FA Regs are as I've described. There is no evidence that Suarez breached those Regs.

Comolli (who has a grasp of Spanish so tenuous that the words he reported to the referee don't actually make any sense) and Dalglish (who doesn't even pretend to have any grasp of Spanish) can't be relied upon for their interpretation of what they think Suarez told them that he said. (Nor, for that matter, can Kuyt's re-telling of a conversation he and Suarez had in Dutch.) All are red herrings, included and exaggerated to discredit Suarez's case. Like I say, not one word of credible evidence.

Like he did at Groningen you mean?

A club rejects an unacceptable offer for Luis Suárez. Suárez believes he is entitled to leave said club. The employer continues to say no and the employee calls in his lawyers. For Liverpool 2013 read Groningen 2007, and a reminder of how the striker has mastered implausible escapes off the field as well as on.

He lost. He moved because Ajax upped their bid (doubled it) and it was accepted.

The same bloke also tweeted that Arsenal had told Ornstein that AFC were working hard on other deals as alternatives, but they wouldn't say who.

I'm beginning to think that once Arsenal discovered there was no release clause, and were told he wouldn't be sold to them, with a bit of input from Guardiola, Cross' s article in the Mirror and Ornstein's BBC tweets were the last throw of the dice as they tried to stir up the fans at Gerrard's testimonial. When the fans didn't take the bait that was that.

Don't know if you seen the sunday supplement. That reporter is it John Cross or something the Arsenal fan from the mirror. He was on it and has been on tour with Arsenal and he said Wenger seems pretty sure he will sign for them. The reporter said that he wasn't as sure. He could see Suarez staying just as much as he could going to Arsenal.

John Cross is still peddling the arbitration/court action story on the Mirror website tonight. Tbe comments underneath are funny. One of them labels it another John Cross bedtime story. Even Ornstein's had the good sense to pen an exit strategy but Cross is still digging in.

I'm beginning to think that once Arsenal discovered there was no release clause, and were told he wouldn't be sold to them, with a bit of input from Guardiola, Cross' s article in the Mirror and Ornstein's BBC tweets were the last throw of the dice as they tried to stir up the fans at Gerrard's testimonial. When the fans didn't take the bait that was that.

Couldn't agree more - the whole article (the one on the beeb from Ornstain) just showed how desperate the Arse have become. One also needs to listen/watch the reaction of the jumped-up cockney pricks at the Emirates at half-time today to see what they are up against.

No idea. I think all they've got left is him handing in a transfer request. But the club appear to be adamant they won't sell to anyone they see as a rival. I think selling abroad is still a possibility.

Even if he does that (I very much doubt it, though), the club simply has to reject it and that would be that.

Suarez knows it and his agent knows it, so I don't really see the point of it all, except that he would lose his loyalty bonus - a drop in the ocean for him.

He's acting like a 14 year old hormonal teenager. And I've no doubt that if he stays he'll have a face on him for a few months. But I just don't see him not doing his job, and his mask slipped for a few seconds yesterday when Henderson scored. When he went over to pat Henderson on the head he smiled. He obviously forgot Pere's coaching.

Agree with this as well - the time works in our favour and everyone in that chain knows it.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the club slammed a deadline (say, by the 2nd week of August or something) for any party interested to show their hand. After that date, I don't expect the club to act on anything, regardless of what happens beyond that date.

Re-read the stuff I've already posted. Re-read the report. The exchange between Suarez and Evra was as I've described. The offences under FA Regs are as I've described. There is no evidence that Suarez breached those Regs.

He lost. He moved because Ajax upped their bid (doubled it) and it was accepted.

I'd just ignore the know-nothing pontificating bellend if I were you - it simply isn't worth the aggro these days.

John Cross is still peddling the arbitration/court action story on the Mirror website tonight. Tbe comments underneath are funny. One of them labels it another John Cross bedtime story. Even Ornstein's had the good sense to pen an exit strategy but Cross is still digging in.

Maybe he is paid by the the word - the more bullshit he peddles, the more he gets paid for it - desperate times usually call for desperate measures.

Imagine if Arse lose their opening game or two - the natives will be restless from the word go and Wenger will be on a hiding to nothing and he damn-well knows it, the frog-munching ugly french twat.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I think we'd look like hypocrites taking Arsenal to court for knowing the details of the Suarez's contract when we've bid the exact amount of Costa release clause.

Aren't they public knowledge in Spain, as a clause is a legal requirement?

I'm not especially bothered that he didn't show at Gerrard's do.

Maybe it was because of his wife, but more likely he probably didn't want to put himself in a position where he is being asked all night what he's playing at and having people telling him to stay. He probably thought he could do without that, and I'm sure he'll have explained it to Gerrard rather than just not show up.

BBC Sport - Football - Liverpool reject Chelsea bid for Fernando Torres

For Chelsea, read Arsenal

For Ancelotti, read Wenger

For Suarez, read Costa

For Torres, read Suarez

Interesting reading the stories from back then. Suarez thought we were the biggest club in England in 2011, and now two years later, we've reached two finals and won a cup, Arsenal haven't won anything, again, and Arsenal are now better than us...?

I'm not especially bothered that he didn't show at Gerrard's do.

Maybe it was because of his wife, but more likely he probably didn't want to put himself in a position where he is being asked all night what he's playing at and having people telling him to stay. He probably thought he could do without that, and I'm sure he'll have explained it to Gerrard rather than just not show up.

Do you know if the owners turned up the game itself mate? I haven't seen anything at all to say they did.