You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

You think negro is an insulting word? (What are you, some kind of racist?)

The entire population of South America - plus the FA's hired language experts - disagree with you.

Read the report. The FA twisted the language experts' opinions so that they would only accept a friendly or conciliatory use of the word: the FA decided that they would call anything else racist. Bollocks, of course. There are a million shades of meaning between "friendly or conciliatory" and "insulting". Suarez has consistently described the following exchange

- Evra (in English) "Don't touch me, South American!"

- Suarez (in Spanish) "Porque, negro?"

If we accept that Suarez's reference to ethnic origin was not in a friendly or conciliatory manner - and is therefore racist, in the FA's terms - then surely Evra is at least as guilty of racism.

I don’t doubt your passion- but you are wrong across the board.

Negro can be used in a racial context.

It is you who failed to read the report. You asked for “one word of credible evidence”, you got one, confirmed by Luis himself ( and, helpfully by Kenny and Comolli).

You are right that most words have context- I wonder what the context was in a heated derby against our most hated enemies after Evra had just told him “that his sister was a cunt”?

Suarez was guilty of making reference to colour in his language- guilty by his own admission.

Should Evra also have been charged? Certainly. Was our handling of the case the biggest cock-up in the history of the Club? Yes. Should Ayre have resigned in shame? Yes.

This article is a pretty good summary:

FA Report Released On Luis Suarez Racism Charge - SBNation.com

Comolli got himself a cut of every transfer that he set up for whatever club he 'worked for'. A crook with absolutely no talent in the field of talent spotting - Suarez can play? You don't say? A Houllier sounding, similar spec' wearing twat who we are well rid of.

Did I mention that he's a French, and therefore a boy lover? Well, he's French.

Andy Hunter in the Guardian saying Suarez missed Stevie's do last night. I've hot to be honest, I can forgive him wanting to leave and all the other business, he is a footballer after all, a world class one at that. Nothing surprises me in that sense. However if he has fucked off Steven Gerrard's testimonial dinner, a man who's backed him up through all his troubles at the club and a modern day legend in football, and an event which was aiming to raise funds for charity, then that's pretty low. That disappoints me the most in all this if I'm honest, unless there's a logical and fair explanation behind it then I think that's disgusting behaviour and disrespectful beyond belief.

The same bloke also tweeted that Arsenal had told Ornstein that AFC were working hard on other deals as alternatives, but they wouldn't say who.

I'm beginning to think that once Arsenal discovered there was no release clause, and were told he wouldn't be sold to them, with a bit of input from Guardiola, Cross' s article in the Mirror and Ornstein's BBC tweets were the last throw of the dice as they tried to stir up the fans at Gerrard's testimonial. When the fans didn't take the bait that was that.

The same bloke also tweeted that Arsenal had told Ornstein that AFC were working hard on other deals as alternatives, but they wouldn't say who.

I'm beginning to think that once Arsenal discovered there was no release clause, and were told he wouldn't be sold to them, with a bit of input from Guardiola, Cross' s article in the Mirror and Ornstein's BBC tweets were the last throw of the dice as they tried to stir up the fans at Gerrard's testimonial. When the fans didn't take the bait that was that.

Someone on here did post that Arsenal were trying every rick in the book.

Has that come to an end now?

No idea. I think all they've got left is him handing in a transfer request. But the club appear to be adamant they won't sell to anyone they see as a rival. I think selling abroad is still a possibility.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

With Suarez not turning up to Gerrard's charity dinner, unless there's a valid excuse, I think he just wants to get out. He seemed pretty fine at the end of last season. Now he seems to want out at all costs. His attitude stinks at the moment. If that's how he's going to be all next season, we might as well fuck him off. Unless he bucks his ideas up, what's the point.

With Suarez not turning up to Gerrard's charity dinner, unless there's a valid excuse, I think he just wants to get out. He seemed pretty fine at the end of last season. Now he seems to want out at all costs. His attitude stinks at the moment. If that's how he's going to be all next season, we might as well fuck him off. Unless he bucks his ideas up, what's the point.

If true, then why not hand in a transfer request?

If somebody wants out so bad, he would pursue every avenue, something that has not happened yet for someone who is so unhappy in staying.

His wife is 7 months pregnant. Maybe that's the reason?

I genuinely hope there is a fair and acceptable reason behind it. I'd imagine if his wife was pregnant he could atleast go and show his respect for an hour or two, he is only 20minutes from home.

I don't like speculating or accusing people without any substance or proof to back anything up. I just think that if he didn't attend out of protest against the club, I think that's pretty low and very disrespectful if I'm honest. The football aside, on a personal level it's pretty out of order. Hopefully that wasnt the case.

He's acting like a 14 year old hormonal teenager. And I've no doubt that if he stays he'll have a face on him for a few months. But I just don't see him not doing his job, and his mask slipped for a few seconds yesterday when Henderson scored. When he went over to pat Henderson on the head he smiled. He obviously forgot Pere's coaching.