You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

You can only play 11 players at once. If they were all desperate to stay and it was a choice of keeping Coutinho and Sturridge or Suarez, I'd keep Suarez.

No way would I keep Suarez over them two, if sturridge stays injury free and gives his all he can match or beat Suarez scoring record.

Coutinho is close to being a better all round player then Luis and I have no doubt he will go on to be better.

If it was a choice just between coutinho and Suarez Id keep coutinho.

I don't think coutinho is close to being a better all round player than Suarez, we've seen Suarez do amazing passes and through balls when he's been the deepest forward player, he has almost every attribute you want on the pitch. Some of his skill be it dribbling close control finishing even long range passes outside of the foot stuff has been breathtaking. Coutinho looks a special player but not on that level and as made up as I was with his performance last season its been over hyped somewhat.

I don't think coutinho is close to being a better all round player than Suarez, we've seen Suarez do amazing passes and through balls when he's been the deepest forward player, he has almost every attribute you want on the pitch. Some of his skill be it dribbling close control finishing even long range passes outside of the foot stuff has been breathtaking. Coutinho looks a special player but not on that level and as made up as I was with his performance last season its been over hyped somewhat.

Imo coutinho is already a better passer then Suarez, certainly through balls and I think his passing is more creative then Suarez.Downing can play them passes outside of the foot like Suarez does,his passing is nothing special.

Suarez may just have the edge when it comes to dribbling but when coutinho bulks up I expect him to improve a lot in this area.

I don't think coutinho is close to being a better all round player than Suarez, we've seen Suarez do amazing passes and through balls when he's been the deepest forward player.

I'd wager Coutinho played more through balls that lead to goals than Suarez. And you mention Suarez using the outside of his foot. Do you not remember Coutinho's ball through to Sturridge against Fulham?

Coutinho has 5 or 6 years on Suarez. If you put a finisher up front with Suarez or Coutinho, Coutinho will end up with more assists.

I'd wager Coutinho played more through balls that lead to goals than Suarez. And you mention Suarez using the outside of his foot. Do you not remember Coutinho's ball through to Sturridge against Fulham?

Coutinho has 5 or 6 years on Suarez. If you put a finisher up front with Suarez or Coutinho, Coutinho will end up with more assists.

And Suarez will end up with about 15 more goals. Are you suggesting Coutinho is as good to Suarez?

And Suarez will end up with about 15 more goals. Are you suggesting Coutinho is as good to Suarez?

At certain things, he's better.

Plus, he doesn't seem like the chap to get involved in racial or biting incidents.

Henderson is better at some things than Suarez, too. He's not as a good a player, though.

Who would you rather have, Suarez or Coutinho? If both were desperate to play for us.

Well at the moment one seems to be desperate to play for us and one doesn't.

The better player is currently Suarez.

Think of Suarez like a cake. The cake is in the oven and has risen to perfection. Let it stand for 10 minutes. Eat cake. But if the cake is left in the oven it will go hard. It will flatten and start to burn. The cake will not be as tasty. Now is the time. Sell our tasty cake before it deteriorates and goes stale.

Henderson is better at some things than Suarez, too. He's not as a good a player, though.

Who would you rather have, Suarez or Coutinho? If both were desperate to play for us.

As pure footballers, it's close but I'd take Suarez. Even though I prefer a perfectly weighted through ball to a dribble past a couple of players.

As they are, taking age/baggage/etc. into account, it'd be Coutinho.

Ideally I'd love both committed to the cause and wanting to play for us. There's only one of the two of them in that situation though.

Think of Suarez like a cake. The cake is in the oven and has risen to perfection. Let it stand for 10 minutes. Eat cake. But if the cake is left in the oven it will go hard. It will flatten and start to burn. The cake will not be as tasty. Now is the time. Sell our tasty cake before it deteriorates and goes stale.

will taking a quick bite out of the cake hasten it's demise ?