You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

He wants out,so we need to get as much as we can for him quickly,would love him to have stayed,but nobody's bigger than the club,and if you don't want to wear the red shirt then bye bye.

I think sometimes fans forget this very important point.

He doesnt want to be here, he has only been here just over 2 seasons. We have backed him as fans and as a club. He has caused major problems off the pitch.

I dont get why people don't see the above and think "fuck him then....lets sell him"

Instead its all "oh we havent got CL football.......you cant blame him....i love him, he scores great goals"

Fuck him, sell him, move forward.

making out we'd struggle to get top 10 and there are only a few decent footballers about is hysterical wank.

Spot on

But sadly 95% of this forum thinks he's the only player in the world who can score goals and take players on.

Spot on

But sadly 95% of this forum thinks he's the only player in the world who can score goals and take players on.

Name one person in this forum who thinks that?

Also can i see a link to one of the reports that he tried to head down the tunnell?

Oh ive got confirmed reports from all over the ff that you are in-fact a bit of a gobshite

The problem with trying to replace Suarez is that you're not just trying to replace his goals. You're also trying to replace his constant movement, his ability to pull defences out of shape, his clever byline runs, and his almost limitless energy.

Name one person in this forum who thinks that?

PaulmCc

Also can i see a link to one of the reports that he tried to head down the tunnell?

Read somewhere he tried to head down the tunnel, it was on this forum i read it, cant find it now.

Oh ive got confirmed reports from all over the ff that you are in-fact a bit of a gobshite

Why did you need to get reports about me being a gobshite? Why didnt you make up your own mind?

The problem with trying to replace Suarez is that you're not just trying to replace his goals. You're also trying to replace his constant movement, his ability to pull defences out of shape, his clever byline runs, and his almost limitless energy.

I have no worries we can replace him, not as an individual, but by being a better team as a whole with two or three improvements to our first XI.

But I just don't think we should strengthen Arsenal, one of our main rivals for getting top four this season.

If he goes to Real for £55m it should suit all parties.

Originally Posted by Bjornebye

Jism

PaulmCc

oh right, forgot he was 95% of the forum, my bad.

Find it or you are lying. I actually want you to find it, im intrigued if it is true

The reports are there for all to see. In every single one of your posts.

I think only Suarez can score goals? News to me. We wont improve by selling him, though.

No one knows how this is going to pan out. We may not be able to get a player as talented as him, or who offers the particular things that he offers, but I am still confident that we will go into next season stronger as a team.

Yea selling our last real established top class player to a team we are supposedly rivalling will have more top class players beating down our door. Might aswell get rid of coutihno aswell while we're at it, what's the point of waiting another year??

Sooner or later people might realise that the last 5 years of moving our best players on might explain why we are neither in the CL nor a threat to anyone in the league anymore.

This season is a real crossroads for us, if we don't make it then it's 5 years out of the champions league, and we're officially a mid table team.

If we sell Suarez to Arsenal, who we are realistically aiming to compete with for a top 4 spot, along with Spurs, then it's over before it started, unfortunately.

No player is irreplaceable, yes, but which players of the right calibre can we realistically sign?

I agree.

I think people live in la la land if they think we will magically make three or four signings that will work out to improve the team as a whole.

You don't "magically make" signings. You scout players, analyse statistics and try to make sure that you bring in people who will improve the team as a whole. I imagine that's what we did when signed Suarez.

You don't "magically make" signings. You scout players, analyse statistics and try to make sure that you bring in people who will improve the team as a whole. I imagine that's what we did when signed Suarez.

And then we had the polar opposite with Carroll, I think that was his point.

I imagine it's what we also did when we signed Carroll, Downing , Henderson and the list goes on. The reality there will be a failure rate however much you scout, analyse and review players before signing them. There isnt a club in the world who can make three to four signings and get them all spot on at the same time. Thats what we need to do, to be better off than we are now and without Suarez.

I'm surprised the new scouts havent been mentioned yet (or probably have but i cannot be bothered going through the thread looking for it).

Its like scouts didnt exist before the man city lot joined.