You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

Another pile of shite . The part and in this instance the major part of this story is the at this stage in his career part . That was not said by him and is lifted directly from the interview with Cavani talking about Suarez.

Another example of how the media here are using the three interviews of his and between them have distorted everything he has said. One paper will print one thing and another will pick up on the story and add a little bit more to it etc etc.

Really hope this gets sorted sooner than later. Last thing we want is this dragging into the start of the season and overshadowing everything.

And I think we have to accept that this is nothing to do with the English media, its just Suarez wanting to play at a higher level than we currently are at. We aren't progressing fast enough for him and that's fair enough.

The club need to work on getting about 40m for him & having a replacement lined up ready to sign the day he gets sold.

Luis Suárez is not coming to Madrid. I can guarantee you as long as Florentino and Zidane are at the Club Benzemá would be the main striker we have. I'm socio/member of the Club since birth as is the tradition in my family and here we usually get reliable news from the Club due to its ownership structure but there's nothing on LSuárez, the other day even Florentino said we are not interested when journos asked him.

More so Pere Guardiola has contacts in the local media as he feeds them info all the time and our local rags usually are the 1st to report any transfer news concerning his players but even they quote the british rags from time to time and nobody seems to be interested in the story.

We usually get the players in before preseason start so I don't think this will happen or there's any truth in it tbh

As much as The Guardian would like it, sorry, London press, there's no way Liverpool will sell Suarez to ARSENAL!

Aresenal. Ha, ha! As if...

Even if Luis was pictured in an illicit tryst with Gunnersaurus, in a replica shirt, with a video of the 89 game playing in the background on repeat play, Liverpool STILL wouldn't sell him to Arsenal.

It just won't happen.

How people can extrapolate "He's going to go to Arsenal" from a comment saying he was "surprised and complemented" that Arsenal had been linked with him is beyond me.

Yes, I DO believe he wants to go to Madrid. I actually understand it. I'm bitterly disappointed by it, like, but I understand it.

The English press (and whatever "Sky" is) may try to generate a story out of an unwanted and futile show of interest by a rival team, but it ain't going to happen.

So simmer down a tad.

I wouldn't be surprised if he went AWOL like Tevez and Mkhitaryan.

Lycan, let's wait a little bit longer. You're inventing a scenario and are reacting to it. Moof, mate, you're doing the same. In time you may be proved right, but maybe, just maybe, not.

Off the meds again Glenn?
Oh look at this little internet warrior.

Get a life Glenn.

Oi, that's two people you've called Glenn now. Remember I'M Glenn. I'm Glenn from, er, Glennville.

Yea they are still bad but he tried to talk positively about lfc to make himself look good.

I wouldn't be devastated if he went to prem club but would prefer he went abroad.

We lost Torres to a prem club when he was more crucial to our team then Suarez is now and we got on with it.

For me Suarez finishing is very iffy and I'll be interested to see how he does in a team where he is not the key player who plays every minute of every game.

Was he hell. We were carrying the sulky twat by the time he left.

I cant believe Liverpool fans just believe all this shit the english media print. Even if came from that rag.

Read LB Celeste on twitter and she will translate his interviews in full.

Or better still don't read any of the daily diet of shit served up by the tabloids.

Suarez needs to be gone now as its dominating the whole agenda as I feared it would . I couldn't get that excited now if he ends up at Arse. He will likely only be trouble there and look for a way out after a year or so.

There is a more serious issue here and that is we can't keep our best players which makes building a top team extremely problematic. What happens if Coutinho develops next season into a world class player and wants to move on ?

The concept of building with young talent is great but all its going to be very difficult . Having obscene amounts of money is really the key. Obviously finishing top four would make life easier but how likely is that next season without Suarez ?

Luis Suárez is not coming to Madrid. I can guarantee you as long as Florentino and Zidane are at the Club Benzemá would be the main striker we have. I'm socio/member of the Club since birth as is the tradition in my family and here we usually get reliable news from the Club due to its ownership structure but there's nothing on LSuárez, the other day even Florentino said we are not interested when journos asked him.

More so Pere Guardiola has contacts in the local media as he feeds them info all the time and our local rags usually are the 1st to report any transfer news concerning his players but even they quote the british rags from time to time and nobody seems to be interested in the story.

We usually get the players in before preseason start so I don't think this will happen or there's any truth in it tbh

Why did you just buy that lad from Sociedad for £34m?

That was mental.

For whatever reason, I really dont think Spain have any idea how good Suarez is.

Ronaldo waltzed into your league and instantly scored a goal a game. Suarez would be just below that level of scoring probably, but he'd tear defences to shreds and scores free kicks, he's just a freak of nature. He's easily worth over £50m, and even then it might be on the light side.

Was he hell. We were carrying the sulky twat by the time he left.

When we had Torres he was one of our main and only goal threats, now we have 3 strikers behind Suarez, a few ams and more to come even if he doesn't go.

I also think when Torres was in his pomp here he was a better 'striker' then Suarez, there was a long period when he was on fire where he only needed 1 chance for a goal, villa away sticks in my mind.Suarez has never or will never be that clinical.

The football world would seem to agree as well considering there was a host of clubs trying to get Torres for years and took him the first chance they had to get him, Suarez if begging for a move and clubs are not exactly rushing to get him in there squad are they.

I personally am loving the look of our young squad and would have sold Suarez before his comments to add another couple of top youngsters, after all he has said now no Liverpool fan should want him here.p

• Downvote 1

Put him in the reserves or get rid to a foreign team. He signed a new contract recently and he's almost burned all bridges. Yes Suarez is a fantastic - but not world class. Besides, he's sulky and egoistic as few. As fun as it is seeing him score goals, I bet he's not among the popular players in the team. Besides, Rodgers proved in january he can buy good players and with 40 million in his pockets, he should be able to buy two stars to replace him.

Besides, Torres in his prime was world class, he was immense. Torres is a STRIKER, Suarez is a forward. I don't think Suarez will be a lone striker for any team (succesful team).

I think he's absolutely world class. Its not just his dribbling and his shooting his goals and free kicks some of his passing and through balls using the outside of his foot or whatever he's a phenomenal player. The club should come out and say he will under no circumstances be sold to another premiership club as it has too much of a negative effect on us. Ill accept us selling him that's just the way it is, were a playing a long game that the better players we have won't have the patience for so we are going to continue to have want away players as soon as they feel they're good enough. Sell him abroad at least then he can help knock out premiership sides in the champions league.

Anyone who thinks Suarez isnt world class hasnt a clue about football.

Messi & Ronaldo are worldclass.

Thiago Silva, Xavi, Bale, Suarez, Van Persie, Ramos, Vidal etc. are fantastic -but not world class.

Suarez wastes to many chances, percentage wise not a very good dribbler and his antics on the pitch lets him down. I'm not trying to say he he is not good, because he is - he's very good. But World Class, no. Many see Suarez as a fantastic dribbler, and yes he does do some fantastic things, but more often than not he loses the ball trying to take the defender on, where he should have instead laid the ball of etc.

Torres was a world class striker in his first 3 years at Liverpool.

Define world class.

I just did. Messi & Ronaldo. They are lethal finishers, better dribblers, quicker, don't go mental and get suspensions.

Put it another way, do you guys seriously believe Suarez is as good as those two? So you would not trade him for either Ronaldo or Messi if you had the chance? If this is NOT the case, then ok - let's call Suarez world class, but then we need to find another category for Ronaldo and Messi. How about universal class?

If he played for the scum would you still call him world class?

Edited by claussor

Messi & Ronaldo are worldclass.

Thiago Silva, Xavi, Bale, Suarez, Van Persie, Ramos, Vidal etc. are fantastic -but not world class.

Suarez wastes to many chances, percentage wise not a very good dribbler and his antics on the pitch lets him down. I'm not trying to say he he is not good, because he is - he's very good. But World Class, no. Many see Suarez as a fantastic dribbler, and yes he does do some fantastic things, but more often than not he loses the ball trying to take the defender on, where he should have instead laid the ball of etc.

Torres was a world class striker in his first 3 years at Liverpool.

Do you have to be a forward to be world class?

Really hope this gets sorted sooner than later. Last thing we want is this dragging into the start of the season and overshadowing everything.

And I think we have to accept that this is nothing to do with the English media, its just Suarez wanting to play at a higher level than we currently are at. We aren't progressing fast enough for him and that's fair enough.

The club need to work on getting about 40m for him & having a replacement lined up ready to sign the day he gets sold.

Is it fuck "fair enough"

He has said countless times that it was his "dream" to play for Liverpool.

And now its ok to fuck that dream off and join a club who arent much stronger than ours and have won less than ours in recent years?

Stop kidding yourselves that this prick has done us a great service here.

He refered to a player by his skin colour, he bit somebody on the pitch and now this......

Wise the fuck up.

Right so only two players in the world are world class. Bollocks, Suarez is world class, bale is world class, xabi is world class, gerrard has been world class. These are players who any manager or fan would want yes Ronaldo and messi are the two greatest players of their generation possibly of all time but that doesn't mean other players are not brilliant. You've created your own limitations on what you define world class as.

Guest San Don

I dont know how accurate your sources are but, Im inclined to believe real arent interested in suarez either.

They have courted bale since the season ended quite unashamedly boardering on public tapping up. In comparison, the noise from them about suarez has been, well, silent.

I know some may think real are playing a waiting game but, Im having major doubts. If they really wanted him, I think they'd be making noises by now yet I've seen nothing reported.

OK, they came in for owen very late but his contract situation was different plus, with arsenal's alleged interest, they could be in danger of missing out if suarez goes back on wanting to leave England.

Guess we'll have to see but as I've said all along, I just hope LFC play hard ball over this and dont give an inch unless our conditions are met.