You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The writing was on the wall as soon as he had bitten Invanovic.

There's no doubt in my mind that Suarez new what he was doing when he sunk his teeth in.

20% was wiped of his transfer fee. 10m wiped off instantly. After the way he had departed Ajax, Luis new what he was doing before this mindless act.

During the game in question Rafa was given a well deserved warm welcome home. On the other hand Torres was rightfully geared and hissed at!

Suarez new this mindless act would hasten & clear the path for his departure.

He would now be able to leave without losing the love of his adoring fans.

This is the ugly face of modern day football. You only have to look at the behaviour of other South American footballers playing in the Premier league.

Both Tevez & Mascherano have given 110% on the pitch but when there heads are turned they simply refuse to play in order to get what they want. Luis Suarez is no different.

Is this supposed to be parody or are you actually being serious?

Every sports journalist in Britain seems to think so, and nobody has claimed otherwise.

What part of "release clause" don't you understand?

A club is contractually bound to accept any offer that meets the release clause. There will be no bidding war and no chance of us getting more than £40m.

You dont handle variables very well in your calculations do you? You still peddling your black and white views? I see.

Here's a recent example:

There are obviously a couple of types of release clause depending on the selling clubs preferences. In Phil Jones case, it was stated as whoever meets his price tag of 16 million first will have the first right to hold contractual discussion with the player's representitives.

But the Venky's wanted to know if such clause is in his contract, because they wanted the clubs who have met that price to be allowed to the team only about further details of coming up with a price more than his fixed price at 16 million.

But since the contract stated that a clause was added on February this year after he signed an extension to his contract regarding any team that meets the fixed price tag first, triggers the clause in his contract of being able to speak to the player of possible move to a particular club.

In this case, United were the first to offer such ludicrous amount setting off the releae clause in his contract. At the end of the day, he would be a United player for the coming season.

He has a £40m release clause you muppet. He could have served the entire Chelsea back four tea and biscuits instead and it wouldn't have affected his future transfer fee.

I see your still peddling your vile rhetoric SD.

I'm not usually one to respond to over opinionated egotistical tits but after refreshing my memory and reading other insults I've received from you over the years ,you are that exception.

Remember the time you insulted me by branding me a racist after i likend Avrim Grants appearance to that of Watto from Star Wars. You said I anti semantic.

I have hardly posted on this site over the last few years as when I do arrogant toss wipes such as yourself try to stamp over any opinions that don't meet your own agenda. A vile forum bully who I don't doubt has insulted hundreds of people on this very site of the years.

Well I'll go back to my happy family life now and you can carry on being a self opinionated arrogant git!

There are obviously a couple of types of release clause depending on the selling clubs preferences. In Phil Jones case, it was stated as whoever meets his price tag of 16 million first will have the first right to hold contractual discussion with the player's representitives.

But the Venky's wanted to know if such clause is in his contract, because they wanted the clubs who have met that price to be allowed to the team only about further details of coming up with a price more than his fixed price at 16 million.

But since the contract stated that a clause was added on February this year after he signed an extension to his contract regarding any team that meets the fixed price tag first, triggers the clause in his contract of being able to speak to the player of possible move to a particular club.

In this case, United were the first to offer such ludicrous amount setting off the releae clause in his contract. At the end of the day, he would be a United player for the coming season.

You're forgetting something.

That £16 million release clause was worth jack shit when King Kenny offered £20 million for Jones. Manchester United were forced to agree an extortionate deal totalling £22.5 million for Jones. That was £16.5 million up front, plus another £6 million in add-ons based on success.

It's unlikely Blackburn will see that £6 million, as Jones turns like a ferry and runs like a cow.

I see your still peddling your vile rhetoric SD.

Vile rhetoric? For calling you a muppet?

Aren't we just the delicate little flower, hey?

Remember the time you insulted me by branding me a racist after i likend Avrim Grants appearance to that of Watto from Star Wars. You said I anti semantic.

Six years ago, I had to check that as I don't remember it. It appears I said that the comparison was anti-semitic rather than you personally. Calling a Jew out for his big nose is no different to calling a black guy a monkey.

Of course, you took that personally too. And they say that I'm thin-skinned.

i suppose you could argue biting ivanovic are the actions of a beaut

In Australia, "beaut" is a contraction of beautiful.

Does it mean something else too?

I meant the edit on the spade.

Oh that. Yeah, it was funny.

But then I thought, the last thing I want is faux outrage or moral rectitude from members of the FF moral constabulary, who have dumped risky wordplay and irony into the politically incorrect basket. Not worth it.

Six years ago, I had to check that as I don't remember it. It appears I said that the comparison was anti-semitic rather than you personally. Calling a Jew out for his big nose is no different to calling a black guy a monkey.

Mentioning someones big nose is not racist. Phil Thompson gets grief about his on a regular basis. It's as racist as calling Wayne Rooney and Frank Lampard a fat bastard.

Who mentioned anything about a nose & a monkey?

You really are deluded. I just thought he looked like him....that's it...nothing else to to see here!

I bet your family are afraid to speak to you incase you get out your psychoanalysis!

Has anyone ever tried telling you that you may not always be right?

Edited by Sponky

MARCA already reported a few days ago that there had been contact between Luis Suárez and Real Madrid.*MARCA can now confirm that a deal to sign the Uruguayan has been struck between both parties. The deal is nothing new. It was reached some weeks ago.*On one hand, there were the player's agents led by Pere Guardiola, Pep's brother and on the other, Florentino Pérez's envoys in these matters, the Money men. It's a done deal.*As far as MARCA knows, the deal - which we must clarify, has not been finalised - would be for four years and would include a significant pay-rise for the player, as per the position he would play in, that of a Real Madrid centre-forward.*Luis Suárez's contract contains a £40m - just under EUR47m - buy-out clause. A price that the Reds are not prepared to lower.*In other words, that is what it is going to cost Real Madrid if it wants to sign 'Lucho' Suárez. Nobody expects Liverpool to lower its asking price by even one euro, because*the English side does not want to part with its player. Obviously,*Suárez wants to play in the Spanish league. Aside from his footballing reasons, he is not having an easy time in the Premier League. He is currently serving a six-match ban following his latest controversy with Ivanovic.

The bolded part puts the accuracy of the reporting in some doubt.

You said I anti semantic.

He may have a point there.