You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may be unaware of Luis' grasp of Dutch, and Dirks grasp of Spanish, combined with the joint association both players had at Ajax including several staffers whom they both shared much admiration for personally, and professionally.

The pivotal role that Dirk played in helping Suarez to settle in is a matter of record.

Glad to help.

You're insane. He may have helped Suarez settle in, but it was fuck all to do with Ajax.

That's like saying Xabi Alonso helped Ronaldo settle into Real Madrid due to the Manchester United connection (you know, the one that meant they both played in England at some point and nothing really to do with Manchester United at all).

Aspas looked a decent player last night (watched celta's game on internet) i'm not saying he will be Suarez's replacement alone but he is quite similar in playing style he never game a defender a moments rest last night also showed quick feet with his assist and his movement off the ball was very good also,like I've said I don't think he will replace him alone but I'm feeling more and more confident that FINALLY our scouts are starting to uncover the "gems" that scum seemed to find at relatively cheap transfer fee's (Hernandez being 1) we seem to be buying more sensibly (weather that's down to having no money I don't know) were not buying last seasons next big thing at inflated fee's only to see it was a one off season and he's fucking shite anymore either.

Not a bad shout. However do we want players who will bust a gut for one season then have a blinder in summer and want to move on?

It's a risky strategy as we'd have to finish top 4

Fair point, but i think if the biggest risk is that they might want to move on after a good season then it's a risk worth taking.

It's either that or buy lots of potential and risk them not making it, in which case we'll miss out on top four and struggle to make our money back/shift them on.

On the face of it, it seems like all the best players will be bought up by Bayern, Barca, Madrid etc, but they've got the biggest and strongest squads, and it'd be tough for someone to have a run of bad games and re-establish themselves back in the starting line up.

Now's the time to see if we can tempt those players looking to catch a national coach's eye.

Looking at it objectively, even without all the media shit, he's be a fool not to go. He's one of the top five strikers in the world, coming into his peak, and playing at a club where not being in Europe is publically welcomed.

Farewell hombre.

I agree, it's inevitable that Suarez is going to leave sooner or later, even if we did get in to the champions league next summer, we are a long way off from actually winning it, or even winning the league again.

We need to make sure that if/when we sell Suarez that we get £50 + for him, and crucially that we reinvest the money properly.

Perez has been re-elected unopposed as RM president. Does this mean he's not under any pressure to make marquee signings now?

Judging by what's been in the press over the last few days Suarez is a lot keener on RM than they are on him. What happens if they don't bother to bid?

That Luis Muriel looks terrific though.

Question is, why would we be the only ones interested in him? Surely he'll have suitors from all over the place willing to chance £15m on him.

Based on nothing more than a couple of YouTube videos, I'll be furious if we don't sign this kid.

FURIOUS.

You may be unaware of Luis' grasp of Dutch, and Dirks grasp of Spanish, combined with the joint association both players had at Ajax including several staffers whom they both shared much admiration for personally, and professionally.

The pivotal role that Dirk played in helping Suarez to settle in is a matter of record.

Glad to help.

You're an idiot.

Dirk Kuyt doesn't speak Spanish, and he's got no connection whatsoever to Ajax. Luis Suarez and Dirk Kuyt bonded seeing as they communicated in Dutch. Luis Suarez is a fluent dutch speaker.

It was Lucas however that became Luis Suarez' ''best friend''. Lucas speaks Spanish, Portugese and English.

luis muriel would be great. doubt it will happen as udinese wont sell him plus he could have work permit issues. but he is going to be one of the top strikers in the world. really exciting player like ronaldo (brazil)

"Like Ronaldo"

He's a fraction of the player Ronaldo was. Ridiculous comparison. He's to Ronaldo what Cheyrou was to Zidane.

He'd be a decent player for us but no more

There is lots of possible replacements out there for Luis Suarez. Okay they may not be as gifted, but they can be just as devastating.

Here's my choices.

Christian Benteke.

Mario Gomez

Romelu Lukaku

Jackson Martinez

There is also rumours that Real Madrid would be willing to offer Liverpool Gonzalo Higuain to sweeten the deal. This would force Liverpool to accept £50 million in cash.

If this were to happen, individually Liverpool would be weakened, but collectively they would be significantly stronger.

The adage that no player is bigger than the club must remain. Liverpool survived without Ian Rush and Kevin Keegan and Fernando Torres. They will do so again.

There is lots of possible replacements out there for Luis Suarez. Okay they may not be as gifted, but they can be just as devastating.

Here's my choices.

Christian Benteke.

Mario Gomez

Romelu Lukaku

Jackson Martinez

There is also rumours that Real Madrid would be willing to offer Liverpool Gonzalo Higuain to sweeten the deal. This would force Liverpool to accept £50 million in cash.

If this were to happen, individually Liverpool would be weakened, but collectively they would be significantly stronger.

The adage that no player is bigger than the club must remain. Liverpool survived without Ian Rush and Kevin Keegan and Fernando Torres. They will do so again.

Suarez is a great creative goalscorer and we won't replace him like for like. If somehow the deal you mentioned that included Higuain went through then in terms of actual goals we wouldn't be that much worse off.

Higuain would probably replace Suarez as our best player as well