You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Benteke for me, think he'd be brilliant here

I can't see us ever playing 2 centre forwards and I'm not sure Benteke or Sturridge would take it well being 2nd choice. They do need a centre forward and winger cos Suarez was like 2 players the way he could play any attacking role brilliantly.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see us ever playing 2 centre forwards and I'm not sure Benteke or Sturridge would take it well being 2nd choice. They do need a centre forward and winger cos Suarez was like 2 players the way he could play any attacking role brilliantly.

That is how I see it - I think we always play with one central striker which will be Sturridge, Aspas or Borini.

I think if Atsu and Luis Alberto arrive (Alberto is apparently ready for the first team, which I have no knowledge on), then they will provide cover or options, alongside Sterling and Coutinho mean we may just need to buy a Mkhitaryan or Eriksen.

I'd like Munain - so Coutinho sitting with a front three of Munain - Sturridge - Atsu with Sterling, Aspas, Borini, Alberto and Ibe as cover. Or, add Tello to that. I do like the idea of us returning to a Spanish influence!

I don't mind players like that who are part of a greater team, but to lose the 'focal point' of your team every couple of seasons is just pulling teeth.

I know it's a tired old cliché, the but the star of the show has to be the system, and the manager, and all parts below them are replaceable.

I think Germany is the place to shop primarily, they got their house in order after the 5-1 drubbing by England and it's now crawling with talented lads with a real spirit to win.

As good as Suarez is, and Messi is, you need only look at Bayern to see that you don't need a brilliant talent to be the best. Robben is pacy as fuck like, but he's no Suarez. This is the model for success. Hard work, intelligence, pace and power. If, by chance, you aquire a player like Suarez, then that's great. But the world doesn't fall apart if you lose him, if anything, it can strengthen you as the players take a shared responsibility.

Sturridge, Coutinho, Borini, these lads can hurt teams. Now with Aspas and a couple more, we can really sort out a dangerous team with real depth, who aren't lost when without a maverick like Suarez.

If we buy Eriksen, and then Atsu, Aspas and perhaps Benteke, then we're bursting with goals, and anything can happen. The midfield of Gerrard, Henderson, Lucas and Allen is as solid as anything out there. Then Papadopoulos and Toure can only be positives in forcing our game on teams and playing a higher line. We'll just be a mobile fucking unit, punching holes in teams with counters, but able to retain the ball for long periods as well if necessary, and everyone moving up and down in unison. IF Rodgers and the scouting team gets this right.

Cheered me up reading that. Good post in full as the lunatic would say.

The midfield of Gerrard, Henderson, Lucas and Allen is as solid as anything out there.

Can't see that. Stevie is perilously close to past it, Henderson has little quality. Lucas is almost immobile and Allen is Allen. I think we desperately need some help in midfield if we are going to compete for anything. That's a 7th place midfield at best.

The midfield of Gerrard, Henderson, Lucas and Allen is as solid as anything out there.

Can't see that. Stevie is perilously close to past it, Henderson has little quality. Lucas is almost immobile and Allen is Allen. I think we desperately need some help in midfield if we are going to compete for anything. That's a 7th place midfield at best.

Exactly right, and anybody who suggests otherwise is suffering from dementia. We still need another playmaking midfielder who isn't a pussy and a physical defensive midfielder. Nobody in at least the top 5 would swap their midfield for ours.

I don't mind players like that who are part of a greater team, but to lose the 'focal point' of your team every couple of seasons is just pulling teeth.

I know it's a tired old cliché, the but the star of the show has to be the system, and the manager, and all parts below them are replaceable.

I think Germany is the place to shop primarily, they got their house in order after the 5-1 drubbing by England and it's now crawling with talented lads with a real spirit to win.

As good as Suarez is, and Messi is, you need only look at Bayern to see that you don't need a brilliant talent to be the best. Robben is pacy as fuck like, but he's no Suarez. This is the model for success. Hard work, intelligence, pace and power. If, by chance, you aquire a player like Suarez, then that's great. But the world doesn't fall apart if you lose him, if anything, it can strengthen you as the players take a shared responsibility.

Sturridge, Coutinho, Borini, these lads can hurt teams. Now with Aspas and a couple more, we can really sort out a dangerous team with real depth, who aren't lost when without a maverick like Suarez.

If we buy Eriksen, and then Atsu, Aspas and perhaps Benteke, then we're bursting with goals, and anything can happen. The midfield of Gerrard, Henderson, Lucas and Allen is as solid as anything out there. Then Papadopoulos and Toure can only be positives in forcing our game on teams and playing a higher line. We'll just be a mobile fucking unit, punching holes in teams with counters, but able to retain the ball for long periods as well if necessary, and everyone moving up and down in unison. IF Rodgers and the scouting team gets this right.

Bayern have top quality in near on every area though, its obvious that is the best model, any team would love to be able to pack out their team full of tip top players.

Most importantly they don't sell or have to sell their best players, they add to the quality they already have with the likes of Gotze this summer and god knows who else.

A good post in full.

Of course it is possible for anyone to settle anywhere and succeed, but you can play the percentages to increase your chances of a player settling.

AA was nororiously left like a fish out of water, and the same appears to be happening to Borini. Dirk was vital in helping Suarez to settle via the Ajax connection.

Utter bollocks in full. Kuyt had fuck all to do with Ajax.

It was nothing to do with Ajax with how Dirk Kuyt helped Luis Suarez to settle. Luis Suarez speaks fluent dutch, and to begin with these two communicated to each other in dutch. Dirk Kuyt translated to the rest of the squad.

However the player that took Luis Suarez under his wing and became his ''best friend'' was Lucas. Lucas translated for Luis Suarez from Spanish into English. Lucas is fluent in Spanish, portugese and english.

He is on 110k a week. No doubt he wants out of the Russian league because of the racism and the fans/players not wanting him there.

Thought he was on way more than that. He would be an immense signing but it just doesn't seem likely to me.

You may be unaware of Luis' grasp of Dutch, and Dirks grasp of Spanish, combined with the joint association both players had at Ajax including several staffers whom they both shared much admiration for personally, and professionally.

The pivotal role that Dirk played in helping Suarez to settle in is a matter of record.

Glad to help.

The Hulk shout is a decent one, as he'd surely push for the move if we went in for him and we would have a chance at getting a decent price.

However, my personal choice is still Lamela. We have one very good wide forward for the long term in Coutinho and a stellar (if still developing) backup in Sterling. The problem is that they're both best on the left side, meaning we were playing Downing on the right at the end of the season. Lamela is such a big upgrade over Downing that you can hardly characterise it as a comparison, and at age 21 we'd be set for the next decade there.

The difficulty, as always, would be in convincing him to come here, but if we could, we should. We'd also have close to 20 million left over from the Suarez money to find a first choice centre forward.

Looking at it objectively, even without all the media shit, he's be a fool not to go. He's one of the top five strikers in the world, coming into his peak, and playing at a club where not being in Europe is publically welcomed.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrq9KAx_JgKt9jmGjrhXJoZA19dPfNDDALwMqLk4hTuzkqWLJJLw

Farewell hombre.

You may be unaware of Luis' grasp of Dutch, and Dirks grasp of Spanish, combined with the joint association both players had at Ajax including several staffers whom they both shared much admiration for personally, and professionally.

The pivotal role that Dirk played in helping Suarez to settle in is a matter of record.

Glad to help.

and here's Dirk in the famous red and white of Ajax

article-1167118-0083E05A00000258-804_468x296.jpg

Not convinced by the Hulk - reminds me of that lad in your Sunday side, the one who used to be a Liverpool player, but was let go before he went to Tranmere and didn't apply himself, spent a bit of time at Knowsley and Marine before he ended up with his mates.

He turns up half cut, and basically stands on the half way line for most of the match - but scores a 25 yard screamer, lays on a couple with defence splitting passes and basically touches the ball about 10 times during the match.

The Hulk reminds me of him. I think he is happy where he is.

If we target players whose place in a decent international side is not guaranteed we could pick up a bargain or two.

There'll be quality internationals looking to make sure they don't spend the year prior to a tournament on the bench.

Not a bad shout. However do we want players who will bust a gut for one season then have a blinder in summer and want to move on?

It's a risky strategy as we'd have to finish top 4