Quantcast
The hypothetical Suarez replacement thread - Page 11 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I can see it now, well organise a pre-season friendly against Total Network Solutions, he'll score a hat-trick and all will be forgotten.

 

IT WILL BE FINE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should buy Ronaldinho, Kaka, Lucio, Adriano, Julio Cesar, just rock it old school Brazil. Fuck winning, this is just boss.

 

-----------------Julio Cesar (£3m)-------------------

 

G Johson-----Lucio (£2m)--------Toure----------Zanetti (£2m)

 

Ronaldinho(£4m)----Gerrard-----Lucas-----------Kaka(p/x Suarez)

 

----------------Coutinho------------------------

 

-------------------Adriano (free)----------------------

 

 

Then the bench could just have Shelvey, Sterling, Ibe, Borini, Enrique, Suso and Assaidi.

Just a bukkake of freestyling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Falcao signed for Monaco, so that's that then. Do you think Rafa would lend us Cavani? If not, then Rickie Lambert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't wait for Carragher to become our manager.

 

That's when the revolution begins, and it will last for 40 years. He'll throttle a cunt who takes the piss, and in this snake pit of modern football you need someone like that who pushes himself and those around him, and surrounds himself with like-minded players and coaches.

 

Until you find a manager or owner like that, then a club is just soft, aimless, shite. Not just us, any club.

It took an old legend like Guardiola to stop the rot at Barcelona for example. Bayern surround themselves with legends at the top level to stop people taking the piss. United have been old school for decades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest The Big Green Bastard
Well Falcao signed for Monaco, so that's that then. Do you think Rafa would lend us Cavani? If not, then Rickie Lambert.

 

Agent Benitez sold us chelski's best striker in sturridge, maybe he would do the same at Napoli and send Cavani our way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

None of these options are perfect, let's just push all our chips to the middle of the table and gamble a bit on some younger players. We have enough decent players, now it's time for the kind of players who are either going to be the next Ronaldinho or the next Le Tallec. I can see why we're after Atsu, as he seems to fit perfectly: 20% chance he turns into Cristiano Ronaldo, 80% chance he's a total bust. Good gamble for 3 million right now.

 

Never seen them outside of youtube, but spend the Suarez money on Muriel and Son/Lamela. We need to get a bit lucky the way we replaced Torres with Suarez; I reckon one of those 3 would stand a good chance of taking a step up to world-class level here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So you're saying this is Rodgers fault.

 

Its Rodgers fault that Suarez either wants to play for Real, or has had enough of the press vilification.

 

Poor cunt can't win can he.

 

Na mate, just sounding off. The whole of that summer was a total cock up. I think one of the reasons we lost Torres was that he was sick of being a lone striker and creator of his own goals, watching other players take a back seat while he ran himself into the ground. Same happened last season with Suarez. Its obvious to me Rodgers recognized this and identified who he feels are the right players, but like Torres, Suarez is not prepared to wait.

Quite ironic really. He came in as a partner for Torres and ended up being a lone star of the show, now his replacement can find themselves in exactly that position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Surely if we're taking a Madrid player it should be Higuain?

 

Scores goals for fun in every fashion and cant get the playing time he deserves there.

 

The wages would be a deal killer and even if he took a cut it would still be one of if not the highest at the club and the others in the team would demand parity.

A vicious circle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We should buy Ronaldinho, Kaka, Lucio, Adriano, Julio Cesar, just rock it old school Brazil. Fuck winning, this is just boss.

 

-----------------Julio Cesar (£3m)-------------------

 

G Johson-----Lucio (£2m)--------Toure----------Zanetti (£2m)

 

Ronaldinho(£4m)----Gerrard-----Lucas-----------Kaka(p/x Suarez)

 

----------------Coutinho------------------------

 

-------------------Adriano (free)----------------------

 

 

Then the bench could just have Shelvey, Sterling, Ibe, Borini, Enrique, Suso and Assaidi.

Just a bukkake of freestyling.

 

That team is dripping step-overs and mugging off the opposition. Loving your work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
None of these options are perfect, let's just push all our chips to the middle of the table and gamble a bit on some younger players. We have enough decent players, now it's time for the kind of players who are either going to be the next Ronaldinho or the next Le Tallec. I can see why we're after Atsu, as he seems to fit perfectly: 20% chance he turns into Cristiano Ronaldo, 80% chance he's a total bust. Good gamble for 3 million right now.

 

Never seen them outside of youtube, but spend the Suarez money on Muriel and Son/Lamela. We need to get a bit lucky the way we replaced Torres with Suarez; I reckon one of those 3 would stand a good chance of taking a step up to world-class level here.

 

As much as it hurts to say I think this our only chance. With the Suarez cash we can afford world class but they won't come to a club with no European football plus the wages being a potentially sticky wicket also. So if 20% is Ronaldo and 80% a total bust, whats 40-60%?

Son/Lamela?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next season:

 

Sturridge

Coutinho Erikson DowningImprovement

 

 

Out attack already sorted, Sturridge for first choice, we have borini, we just need two more strikers easily funded by 40mil from suarez sale. Get bent and long, jobs a goodun.

 

Losing Suarez ain't the end of the world, is actually a good thing as we won't have another Gerrard, as in relying everything on one player. He is judas, never liked him anyway just pretended I did innit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Out attack already sorted, Sturridge for first choice, we have borini, we just need two more strikers easily funded by 40mil from suarez sale. Get bent and long, jobs a goodun.

 

I'm guessing this is some sort of 'hilarious' joke that I'm not quite capable of getting in my current wine-fogged state.

 

Good one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Out attack already sorted, Sturridge for first choice, we have borini, we just need two more strikers easily funded by 40mil from suarez sale. Get bent and long, jobs a goodun.

 

Jeebus, is this the Stoke forum?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeebus, is this the Stoke forum?

 

I think the 'get bent and long' reference was supposed to be ribald humour.

I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Next season:

 

Sturridge

Coutinho Erikson DowningImprovement

 

 

Out attack already sorted, Sturridge for first choice, we have borini, we just need two more strikers easily funded by 40mil from suarez sale. Get bent and long, jobs a goodun.

 

Losing Suarez ain't the end of the world, is actually a good thing as we won't have another Gerrard, as in relying everything on one player. He is judas, never liked him anyway just pretended I did innit.

 

Losing Suarez may not be the end of the world, no. But signing Bent and Long is somewhere approaching it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Next season:

 

Sturridge

Coutinho Erikson DowningImprovement

 

 

Ah, Improvement, a fine right sided midfielder although I fear he's lost that explosive yard of pace that used to make him such a handful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The lack of potential candidates to fill Suarez' boots has been a real surprise. It is extremely unlikely that we will be able to find anybody who can directly replace him but I think the sale proceeds should allow us to bring in a replacement capable of getting 15+ goals and also upgrade Downing which should help to bridge the gap.

 

I would love us to have a really close look at Alexandre Pato. He is still only 23 and has been a one-in-two striker since he was 18 years of age in a top league. A horrendous run of injuries is the only reason his career has stalled but our medical team have shown they are capable of managing injury prone players (Agger, Gerrard, Johnson etc.). The sky is the limit with Pato if he can get his fitness sorted. However, he only signed for Corinthians relatively recently and, with the World Cup approaching, he may want to have a prolific season in Brazil in order to secure a berth in the host's squad.

 

The other targets I would like us to look at are Aubameyang from St. Etienne (who also

has been hitting around the 1:2 ratio) and Kevin Gameiro from PSG (who is clearly surplus to requirements but, until his starts dried up, consistently bagged a decent haul of goals every season). Pair any of the above with somebody like Mertens or some other winger with excellent scoring stats and we could be in business.

 

Iago Aspas could turn out to be a shrewd bit of business. His scoring stats are reasonably modest but by all accounts he carried a really poor team. He certainly has pace, tenacity and decent movement so will be interesting to see how he goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
As much as it hurts to say I think this our only chance. With the Suarez cash we can afford world class but they won't come to a club with no European football plus the wages being a potentially sticky wicket also. So if 20% is Ronaldo and 80% a total bust, whats 40-60%?

Son/Lamela?

 

Son probably has a reasonable chance of turning out decent but nothing special, but does have the potential to go to the very top level. The other two that I mentioned are better candidates for this kind of player. Muriel is 50/50 - could be the next Ronaldo (Brazilian) as he's described, could be a total failure. I doubt that he'll be somewhere in between. Lamela much the same, though in my opinion he's a very good player and his odds would be a bit better.

 

Another one in this vein in Eriksen, who we're already looking at. Has all the ability to be a Bergkamp-esque player, but only turns it on occasionally. It's a big risk, but if we could get him to focus and be consistent with his ability, he could be a monster of a player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
He has a £40m release clause you muppet. He could have served the entire Chelsea back four tea and biscuits instead and it wouldn't have affected his future transfer fee.

 

The club have come out and said there's no release clause. Now who's the muppet!

 

It's a good job you were not about when the pied piper came to town!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whenever our best player is being sold to a "bigger" club, we should hit them back where it hurts.

 

When Inter "sold" Ibrahimovic" to Barca, they got in return Eto'o and 43 million.

 

So if we are forced to sell Suarez, let it be for 40 million PLUS either Higuain or Benzema. Hell, why not Kaka?

 

If not a star player, maybe 40 mil plus 3 of Real's best young talents that are good enough to play for the first team but are blocked by their galacticos.

 

Clubs like Real and Barca will always pick on even the top British clubs, however every time they do, they have to let go class players.

 

When they rebuilt their Galacticos a few years ago, they let go Robben and Sneijder. Both class (but cunts)

 

Hell, with 40 mil, and Barca buying Neymar, there would be some interesting players on sale in Barca too, like Villa, Alexis Sanchez, Afellay.... I am not convinced by Tello though we are linked to him repeatedly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want him to go! There I have said it. Whether it is intentional or not, it is a constant fucking drama with Luis, we are constantly talking about him - not his ability - him! Now this isn't his fault, certainly not all his fault - but there will come a time when it will start to grate on the other players - we put a great performance in against Chelsea in the second half, a really good team performance that has been completely overshadowed. He is going, it is just a case of when he is going that is the issue - £45m to get it over quickly will do me. Buy Munain, Mkhitaryan for the wide right, Wanyama or Strootman and maybe splash out on Shaw at left back.

 

When you consider what Downing has scored for us, even Henderson, both as attacking players - Coutinhio and a wide right player could easily contribute 10 plus, Sturridge should be looking at 20 plus! We will miss Luis' goals as it stands because Downing, Henderson and the rest of the current squad don't look capable of consistently scoring (Sturrige and Coutinho aside) - so another couple of players who will score will compensate and maybe give us better balance.

 

Maybe it is an age thing, I've seen players come and go - but I am getting tired with the circus, the majority isn't of his making - but some of it is, and this current one is - his comments after our support have pissed me off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×