You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Non evil film villains

Section_31

I really like Prince Nuada's character from Hellboy 2 because he's still a villain, but his intentions are noble. He thinks mankind is destroying the planet etc and shows loyalty to his people, comrades etc. For that reason, I actually think he's one of my favourite film villains.

phoenix17-prince-nuada-silverlance-13014401-640-480.jpg

Also, the 'operative' from Serentity. Similar character in a sense, he believes he's doing the wrong things for the right reasons, he's a 'believer'.

tumblr_lnn7852izO1qkta9bo1_500.jpg

Think I posted in another thread a while back too about one possible back story for General Zod, was that he'd only staged a coup because he believed Dur-El about Krypton's impending doom and realised that something needed to be done, but was betrayed and denounced by him when he fell into line with the council's wishes. I thought that was fucking class.

Saw the thread title and immediately thought Erik Lensherr/Magneto. I've not read the comics and didn't watch the cartoon versions so I don't know how close the movie version is to the original character. Yes, he kills people and does some heinous shit in the movies, but his back story does at least explain his actions somewhat. He has seen and been a victim of the human capacity for acts of pure barbarity so has a deep-seated view of them as the enemy.

If you've seen jaws 4 you'll know it knew exactly what it was doing.

Fuck me jaws 4 its possibly the worst film ever.

I have never seen it. I have however read the book. It is the worst book I have ever read . It goes deep into the thoughts of revenge in the mind of the shark. It is like Kill Bill but with a shark. And much shitter.

Good thread - I think a good example of this is General Francis X. Hummel (Ed Harris) from The Rock. I particularly like this as his cause is one which resonates with the people who are trying to stop him although they obviously disagree with how he is going about it.

Grima Wormtongue. A man of Rohan warped by the evil voice of Saruman.

Finally plucks up the courage to deal with his master before getting taken out himself. The fact that it's Legolas and not Merry as it is in the book slightly annoys me but it was only ever going to end one way for him.

Christopher Walken in Welcome to the Jungle.

Admittedly he was in it for the money, he definitely saw the bigger picture.

Where you see Hell, I see a spellbinding sense of purpose. I see the value of keeping your eye on the ball. When a bride slips the ring on her finger, when a businessman lays his hands on a Rolex, when a rapper gets a shiny new tooth, this is that cost, Mr. Beck, my horror for their beauty, my Hell for their little slice of Heaven. Somebody's gotta keep his eye on the ball. That somebody is me, Mr. Beck. I am down here every day, keeping my eye on the ball. That's just a simple fact of life.

Clive Owen's character from Inside Man. By the end, he's not even the bad guy in the film. Just an extremely smart and calculating sort who exposes the real bad guy of the film, who himself was guilty of war profiteering rather than outright evil.