You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'm getting to the age where a decent session on pints seems to involve continually getting up to piss all night*. There's no problem at the start, typically four or five scoops before the seal is broken, but the aftermath is not condusive to a good night's sleep. I've recently switched to shorts after two or three which sorts the pissing problem nicely but I'm looking for something that tastes nice (sweet, fruity, strong) as opposed to these fucking Jagerbombs / vodka redbulls / sambucas that seem to be standard fare.

Whiskey is much more of a gentle sipping drink to my mind. Don't mind gin / vodka, but there must be some nicer spirits, or mixtures of, out there that will do the trick?

*prostate is OK based on the pissing up the wall test

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon rum and black sounds good when you shout it up, like pints of back and tan, but doesn't taste so nice. To further qualify, ideally this drink needs to be:

-'nice' tasting

-somewhat obscure but not rare enough to have supply difficulties

-cool sounding when I order it

Rum and black is a great drink mate, give it a go.

I'm getting to the age where a decent session on pints seems to involve continually getting up to piss all night*. There's no problem at the start, typically four or five scoops before the seal is broken, but the aftermath is not condusive to a good night's sleep. I've recently switched to shorts after two or three which sorts the pissing problem nicely but I'm looking for something that tastes nice (sweet, fruity, strong) as opposed to these fucking Jagerbombs / vodka redbulls / sambucas that seem to be standard fare.

Whiskey is much more of a gentle sipping drink to my mind. Don't mind gin / vodka, but there must be some nicer spirits, or mixtures of, out there that will do the trick?

*prostate is OK based on the pissing up the wall test

And?

Guest The Big Green Bastard

Triple bacardi with coke does the job quickly.

Schnapps and lemonade is also good for a nice fruity flavour.