You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Springsteen - The River

• 11 months later...
22 hours ago, Edward. said:

I always find it odd that Mary got pregnant and that’s the last we hear of it.

21 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

I can remember when the screen door slammed and her dress waved.

The weirdest thing though is mary has been used in songs as someone he fucks, his mum and his sister! 

• 1 month later...

Album leaked yesterday. Wasn’t expecting much after hearing ‘letter to you’ and ‘ghosts’ but it’s pretty good. The re-worked tracks are probably the standout. ‘Janey needs a shooter’ is Bruce turned up to eleven. You don’t really want it to end, you can imagine it being fucking epic live. 
‘Song for Orphans’ sounds like it’s off Highway 61 revisited.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

Probably the wrong thread due to the title, wrong album and all that. But last few months my after match thing being stuck at home has become playing the "letter to you" film that came on Apple TV to go with the latest album  and it's had some spirits to lift at times! Haha  I don't know how it's better than just playing the album, but I stick it on my big screen, surround sound and sit back. And it's like I've invited Bruce and the band into my home. Occasionally i skip a bit of the chatting, but mostly not. It's just brilliant. 

IMG_20210315_233620.jpg

IMG_20210315_233623.jpg

IMG_20210315_233659.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

i wondered if they'd come here this summer as we're back to crowds from mid june. 

Doubt it given the uncertainty and the time it takes to set up a tour.  Next year at earliest imo after we come out of the 15th lockdown and can still afford to buy a ticket !

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...