You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Champions League Final 2013

navbasi

Who do you want to win?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to win?

• FC Bayern Munich
    • Borussia Dortmund

Bar the first half an hour or so, I thought Bayern deserved it. Dortmund lacked guile in attack without Gotze, as Grosskreutz and Blaszczykowski (check that out!) are more about hard running than skill and finesse, and that's where Bayern had the edge over them.

A last word for the Dortmund fans, who were fantastic. It must be great for their players to play in front of support that is both sizeable in number and hugely passionate, at a club that still seems untainted by the corporates.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest San Don

Bayern were the better side to be fair. You can see why they are german champions. Their play was a lot better than dortmund's (who I wanted to win).

Bayern rode their luck and would have had two sent off if that had been a Premier League game. Or, rather if mason, webb and atkinson had been the ref.

Dortmund didnt really create much, whether that was down to Goetze not playing I dont know. Their keeper made some very good saves with shots from distance but had some crazy moments when he rushed from his goal.

Thought he should have done better with picard's winner too! Oh well, only 80 odd days to go!

I remember us playing in 5 of them.

I remember listening to the first in 77 on the radio eight at the time. They had it blasting out in the street, sure the commentator being Clive Tyldesley though I may be wrong. We had the most fervent frothing Evertonians living next door and across the street. In the middle of the same night they went out and painted in huge blue letters ‘EVERTON’ right down the centre of the street. It was still visible well after we had won our fourth , good times.