You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

House fixy-uppy shit

Stu Monty

Cheers folks will have a look and possibly come back with suggestions. Might ask for it for xmas as I never want anything. What are those "check there's no wires or pipes behind the wall detector" things called again?

Ask PP if he'd recommend his. He'll know what you'll likely want to do with one and whether he likes his or, with use, would now make a different choice.

• 2 weeks later...

I ran a power tool shop for ten years Paulie. I hate power tools as a result but know pretty much everything there is to know about them.

You don't need a Makita for just using a drill round the house. Always get a corded drill if you don't absolutely require a battery operated one. They last much longer and have a lot less to go wrong.

Green coloured Bosch are the DIY and blue coloured the trade option but I'd go with a Black and Decker. You can get any parts you need in the shop on London Road and they also fix them if anything goes wrong, under warranty or out.

This would do you. Under £50, 13mm chuck, reverse and variable speed on it for screwdriving. Honestly you don't need anything more for round the house. 2 year guarantee as well, and like I said you can just take it to London Road if anything goes wrong. The shop on London road will also have reconditioned ones there as well with the same guarantee if you want a mooch.

http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/7114638/searchTerm/black+.htm

• Upvote 2

But what I really came on here for was to moan at our bloody painter who abandoned the job on Saturday, on some lame excuse, and has buggered off to India for a month and wont get back til the New Year to finish the job, leaving me spending the last hour emptying paint trays, rollers and brushes of the paint that should be on my bloody walls. Oh, I love being held hostage like this. Grrrrrr....

I ran a power tool shop for ten years Paulie. I hate power tools as a result but know pretty much everything there is to know about them.

You don't need a Makita for just using a drill round the house. Always get a corded drill if you don't absolutely require a battery operated one. They last much longer and have a lot less to go wrong.

Green coloured Bosch are the DIY and blue coloured the trade option but I'd go with a Black and Decker. You can get any parts you need in the shop on London Road and they also fix them if anything goes wrong, under warranty or out.

This would do you. Under £50, 13mm chuck, reverse and variable speed on it for screwdriving. Honestly you don't need anything more for round the house. 2 year guarantee as well, and like I said you can just take it to London Road if anything goes wrong. The shop on London road will also have reconditioned ones there as well with the same guarantee if you want a mooch.

http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/7114638/searchTerm/black+.htm

Just seen this cheers

Also a washing machine in the toilet?

self-leveling-floor-interior-design-tren

Just seen this cheers

From another new(ish) homeowner intermittently dealing with renovatey-type stuff, if you absolutely must have a battery powered drill, get one with a lithium ion battery rather than NiCad. The NiCad ones drain if they're left sitting, whereas the lithium ones don't. Handy if you're like me and use the drill about once every two months and don't want to have to sit around waiting for the damn thing to charge when the sudden desire to put a hole in something takes you.

Been off work so my sleeping hours are fucked. Not going to bed until 4/5am and then waking up about 8am. Just can't sleep at night.

Which is why i decided at 11pm to put together a big sideboard we ordered from Next which has come in about a million pieces.

Massively, massively regretting it now. The bits are all over the kitchen floor so I can't leave it and it's took me an hour nearly just to unpack the fucker. Sake.

Has anyone ever used/heard of Moores Appliances? A PriceSpy search, courtesy of lifey, throws them up as the best price for the range oven I am about to buy. I've tried the Price Match card with our local Curry's but they werent interested (so, no sale to you Curry's) so it seems that I will have to go to the original source if I want this deal and I do. Only, I'd never heard of them and it's a serious wedge to be handing over to them

They look to me like my previous employer. We were only a one off shop rather than a big national chain but we provided excellent customer service and were a lot cheaper on some items than chains like B&Q and Screwfix.

The payoff obviously comes with they won't have as good a returns policy as the likes of Curry's and probably aren't as good if things go wrong 6, 9 months down the line.

They look to me like my previous employer. We were only a one off shop rather than a big national chain but we provided excellent customer service and were a lot cheaper on some items than chains like B&Q and Screwfix.

The payoff obviously comes with they won't have as good a returns policy as the likes of Curry's and probably aren't as good if things go wrong 6, 9 months down the line.

That said, there'll be the manufacturer's guarantee so I should be covered that way. I'm going to give them a call