You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Allan

Rather unsurprisingly my pre order from Amazon hasn't arrived. I can only assume no one who works there is aware the Royal Mail don't guarantee first class as next day any more.

I'm going to the shops for one now and Amazon can fuck off. Two pre orders in a row they haven't delivered. I'll also be cancelling my GT6 pre order and getting that elsewhere.

Anyone know who has the best shop deals?

Initial impressions are that this is brilliant.  Best COD since MW2, from what I have seen so far.

Balanced hit detection, good perks, good guns, good maps.  Agree with Dynamite, that a few of the maps are too big, but most have been good IMO.

My squad is awesome won 9 from 9 online.

Initial impressions are that this is brilliant.  Best COD since MW2, from what I have seen so far.

Balanced hit detection, good perks, good guns, good maps.  Agree with Dynamite, that a few of the maps are too big, but most have been good IMO.

My squad is awesome won 9 from 9 online.

It plays really smooth, like MW2. However, the hit detection is the same as it has been of late. Enemies drop you with 1 bullet seemingly, while you unload a clip into them before you get a kill. (Probably release day lag comp issues, as usual).

The maps I've played are ar too big for 6v6 TDM, I've run round a map on Squads for 2 minutes and not seen a soul, enemy or friendly. I'm glad the maps are bigger, but I've had too many games where the time has run out way before the kill limit has been reached.

I don't like the Sat-Coms, much prefer UAV / CUAV from previous titles.

Where's the anti air weaponry? As far as I can see, there's 1 free fire launcher available as a secondary and 2 higher anti air score streaks - How is this balanced when a Hind is a 7 point streak?

Claymores have been replaced with the near invisible I.E.D, so they are going to be both brilliant and hugely frustrating, unless you run Sit Rep on all classes, which is a 2 point perk.

The new create a soldier will take time to grow on me. I like the concept, but the layout could be clearer in my opinion.

Oh, and finally... Why have they changed the bloody sensitivity options? Again? You can now choose between 1 - 20, with 3 being medium! 1 to 10 is more than fine...

Just about to dive in. I've already set sensitivity to insane anyway I never have it on any other setting irrespective of version.

Re the launchers all they have is RPG. I think it said in that Thunder video that they had a support perk which affects air support. Other than that you can't bring them down with anything other than gun fire.

Pre ordered from Sainsbury's but don't seem to have got the bonus map. 

Turns out that you only got the Freefall bonus map if you pre ordered through Game. No other retailer in the UK was signed up for the bonus map. Utter shite, if you ask me.

He's not showing as online on mine, does he have a new account now Al?

I'm really struggling so far, really finding it hard to get kills. 

Sorry mate, yeah, he has his own account now.

Just playing through the opening missions of the campaign at the moment.

Well thats absolute bollocks.  

My thoughts exactly.

I ordered through Amazon and got some crappy Into The Deep bonus, which is just an in game sleave patch and a theme for the PS3. The Xbox version of the same bonus was a costume for your Avatar and the sleave patch.

Turns out that you only got the Freefall bonus map if you pre ordered through Game. No other retailer in the UK was signed up for the bonus map. Utter shite, if you ask me.

I pre ordered through them luckily, but that is shut - I didn't know that.

Is that why I have two discs? Or did everyone get that?  Not sure what the second disc is for.

I pre ordered through them luckily, but that is shut - I didn't know that.

Is that why I have two discs? Or did everyone get that?  Not sure what the second disc is for.

Xbox is on 2 discs as there's too much data for the game. The discs for Xbox are just dual layer DVD that can only hold around 7Gb, whereas the PS3 uses dual layered Bluray, around 50Gb capacity.

The second disc for Xbox is purely a texture install for the campaign. It installs a file that is just about 2Gb in size.

It plays really smooth, like MW2. However, the hit detection is the same as it has been of late. Enemies drop you with 1 bullet seemingly, while you unload a clip into them before you get a kill. (Probably release day lag comp issues, as usual).

The maps I've played are ar too big for 6v6 TDM, I've run round a map on Squads for 2 minutes and not seen a soul, enemy or friendly. I'm glad the maps are bigger, but I've had too many games where the time has run out way before the kill limit has been reached.

I don't like the Sat-Coms, much prefer UAV / CUAV from previous titles.

Where's the anti air weaponry? As far as I can see, there's 1 free fire launcher available as a secondary and 2 higher anti air score streaks - How is this balanced when a Hind is a 7 point streak?

Claymores have been replaced with the near invisible I.E.D, so they are going to be both brilliant and hugely frustrating, unless you run Sit Rep on all classes, which is a 2 point perk.

The new create a soldier will take time to grow on me. I like the concept, but the layout could be clearer in my opinion.

Oh, and finally... Why have they changed the bloody sensitivity options? Again? You can now choose between 1 - 20, with 3 being medium! 1 to 10 is more than fine...

I honestly haven't found that with the hit detection, only had one or two dubious kills. 

I agree about some of the maps they are too big, but many are perfect.  I don't really understand the Sat-Comms, not sure which I prefer but UAV was easier.

Don't know exactly what it is they've changed but I'm really struggling to aim. Whatever it is I'm not good enough to do much with this version at the moment.

Try doing squads first.  Easier and you carry your XP in that to the multi player.

• Upvote 1