You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Allan

Have to say that I am a fan of the game, despite the broken spawn system.

A couple of maps in the standard rotation are far too big for conventional 6v6 TDM, but they are probably spot on for Ground War 9v9, (which has been removed from the PS3 and 360 versions). I really do not like Siege, it just feels completely unbalanced to me, a bit like Fuel from MW2 - A huge map where some areas will never see any action.

All the weapons seem to be fairly well balanced. I know there were people moaning about the MSBS being overpowered, but it's a burst weapon, and burst weapons have always been accurate and powerful, although, you have to get that first bullet on target or you might find yourself in bother, especially in a close quarters engagements. As it happens, the MSBS has since been nerfed slightly and now very few people are complaining about it.

My main gripe, apart from the spawn system, is the lack of anti air weaponry.

You only have the Panzerfaust in the secondary weapons. Then there's the MAAWS and Air Superiority support streaks to take down those pesky choppers (9 & 12 kills respectively). It wouldn't be too bad if the Panzerfaust could lock on to the chopper, instead of it being a free firing rocket launcher, but alas, you cannot lock on, so the choppers remain in the sky.

Bought the Season Pass for this yesterday. Got the code from CDKeys.com for £36.99, plus 5% discount for liking the company on Facebook. (Thanks to AJBlakie for the heads up there).

Not redeemed the code yet, as the broadband at me folks' is super slow right now, so waiting for BT to do their thing.

So does anybody ever get on PS3 ? Nobody ever seems to be online.

I've been on my PS4 more than the PS3 recently, as you'd expect. I do however have the PS3 version of Ghosts, so will try and get on at some stage this week. I'll only really get on during the early afternoon on a week day, possibly a little later at the weekend.

Plus, war games are supposed to have a tactical element. I like staying in your vicinity when you're camped and picking off the opponents, TK. I try to protect you, as if you are getting the kills, they'll come for you. Then I'll take them out as they come looking for you.

I'm pretty sure Chris and Al play similarly.

I had a standard tactic that if a game is going badly I cover TK's back and pick off the people coming for him. That really pisses people off, first they kick off about him camping then kick off about me camping trying to protect. 

On the last MW3 and BO2 there have been a few spots where if TK and I both had good games we had sections of the maps locked down for most if not all of a match.

Your unselfish play was always appreciated. TNF!

TK, come on over to the dark side. Give hardcore a go, i promise you,after an hour or two you wont go back to normal TDM. So many advantages to hardcore. because you dont need 5 rounds to drop a player, you dont have to endlessly change mags, and weapons fitted with silencers are just as powerful.