You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Allan

Sat on the fence a bit to be honest mate.

There are problems with the spawn mechanics in TDM and hit detection is up and down. It does play really smooth though.

No way can you play this in a gung-ho manner, unless you have supreme reactions. Camp and move seems to be the way to go. I think it will suit your play style.

I've been having far more success in Squads mode by slowing down and fortifying a building until my IED and Motion Sensor have gone. By this time I normally have a Sat-Com ready to use, so I can hold out for another kill if needs must.

• Upvote 1

Had a couple of games of TDM today. Pretty much 50/50 with hit detection & lag compensation today, and the spawn mechanics seemed a little better - only had 1 shit spawn in the games I played. Perhaps the game is finally settling down...?

Been mainly playing in the Squads area, playing Safeguard, which is pretty much just a better version of Survival from MW3. You can earn quite a fair bit of XP in Safeguard, though the playing time is obviously longer than a typical TDM game. However, you can earn squad points so much easier & quicker than you can in regular multiplayer.

I think once I receive my PS4, I will pay that extra tenner for the NextGen digital version of this. (You have to keep your PS3 disc version anyway, as it is needed to insert into your PS4 while playing the digital version).

I'm due to head back to Spain next week to organise the return of my gear back to the UK, so I'll have my own headset back again, ready for partying up.

I haven't played it since my brief stint on Friday night. I might have a run tonight when I get back from work if you're about Al?

Combination of not being fussed about it too much and a throat infection have meant I've not really been interested, even with double xp on offer. 

I haven't played it since my brief stint on Friday night. I might have a run tonight when I get back from work if you're about Al?

Combination of not being fussed about it too much and a throat infection have meant I've not really been interested, even with double xp on offer. 

Can't really get on during the evening at the moment, as my brother's PS3 is hooked up to the main TV in the living room at me folks.

I'd need to disconnect it all and move it into my brother's room, which means farting around with bloody cables and wires... I'll see what I can do.

I did go back to MW2 for a few days.

But I am going to give this game another shot, as I do think it has many good features.  

Just loading it now and it appears a patch has been added, hopefully that will solve the respawning issues.

Has anyone got to grips with the Sat Coms yet?  They seem shit.

I did go back to MW2 for a few days.

But I am going to give this game another shot, as I do think it has many good features.  

Just loading it now and it appears a patch has been added, hopefully that will solve the respawning issues.

Has anyone got to grips with the Sat Coms yet?  They seem shit.

You need to have multiple Sat Coms on the map to give you the UAV effect. This is why I tend to run Wiretap at the moment, as it allows you to use the enemies Sat Coms as well as your own team's Sat Coms.

The only game mode that a singular Sat Com works like a normal UAV is Free For All.

The SAT COM is a 3-point streak (4-point in Support) featured in Call of Duty: Ghosts. It acts similarly to the UAV from previous titles, causing enemies to show up as a dot on the radar. Unlike the UAV, the SAT COM is a deployable ground equipment rather than an aircraft. In team games, the number of friendly SAT COMs present on the map determine their combined effectiveness. [1]
  • If one is placed, it will only show enemies in the player's and allies' lines of sight.
  • If two are placed, they sweep the entire map to reveal enemies, like the UAV of previous games.
  • If three are placed, the map sweep will have an increased frequency, also similar to previous titles when multiple UAVs were active. Enemy outlines will also be visible through walls
  • If four are placed, the map sweep will retain its increased frequency as well as show the direction enemies are facing, like the Advanced UAV or effect of having three UAVs active simultaneously in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

In Free-For-All, the SAT COM functions similarly to the UAV from previous games.

The SAT COM can be destroyed through shooting or knifing.

Can anyone advise me what perks to use so as you don't appear on peoples radar? I'm using the silencer but as soon as i fire my gun about 20 fucking arseholes converge on me. Lost time of how many times i've been shot in the back from distance. I'm going to give the game a few more days before i bin it off.   

Can anyone advise me what perks to use so as you don't appear on peoples radar? I'm using the silencer but as soon as i fire my gun about 20 fucking arseholes converge on me. Lost time of how many times i've been shot in the back from distance. I'm going to give the game a few more days before i bin it off.   

Off The Grid is the perk you'll need to stay off the mini map when a Sat Com is up. You can purchase the perk using your squad points, rather than waiting to rank up to level 54 to unlock the perk that way.

Quite a good little run out with Chev this evening. I started off like a house on fire, but soon levelled out in later games.

The last patch seems to have improved things slightly, with the exception of the spawn mechanics, though they may be tricky to fully resolve as the games can be quite fast paced.

The last patch seems to have improved things slightly, with the exception of the spawn mechanics, though they may be tricky to fully resolve as the games can be quite fast paced.

It is not as fast paced as Black Ops 2 and the respawning was much better on that game and the maps are bigger on this game.

Unless it is crank obviously which is a very fast paced game.

The time to kill in Ghosts is quicker than that in Black Ops 2.

I also think the overall gameplay is slightly quicker in Ghosts in comparison to BlOps 2, but that's just my opinion.

But the players move slower in this game.

I guess the time to kill is quicker because the respawns are a joke.

Given up on this now.  Might return to it in a few weeks if they release some new patches.

Graphics are 9.5 / 10.

Game play is really poor.  I agree with Dynamite on hit detection now, it is really poor.

Awful respawns nearly ruin the game on its own.  But add to that massive maps, 99% of people camping and poor hit detection = a really poor game.

To be getting worse and worse with these games, is quite an achievement.  I am very disappointed and I am going back to MW2.

Given up on this now.  Might return to it in a few weeks if they release some new patches.

Graphics are 9.5 / 10.

Game play is really poor.  I agree with Dynamite on hit detection now, it is really poor.

Awful respawns nearly ruin the game on its own.  But add to that massive maps, 99% of people camping and poor hit detection = a really poor game.

To be getting worse and worse with these games, is quite an achievement.  I am very disappointed and I am going back to MW2.

I've just had another attempt again tonight.

Got put into a deathmatch which was part way through and spawned in front of someone who was already shooting and killed within seconds of spawning.

This game is an absolute pile of shit. At this stage unless something drastic is done I suspect it's even beyond point patching will fix it. 

Another factor to keep in mind, that may have slipped people's minds is the fact that the dedicated servers are still being rolled out for this, so any lag issues may be related to this.

We may be on a dedicated server in one lobby, and not in another (reverts back to old school hosting). This would possibly explain the variable hit detection at the moment.

As for the spawn mechanics, they need to be looked at and adjusted.