You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Allan

Try doing squads first. Easier and you carry your XP in that to the multi player.

This. However, there are XP limits within a Squads game, just so that people don't rank up exclusively in Squads mode. Worth keeping in mind.

As for the maps, I really do not like Siege, at the moment. That thing is huge. Far too big for 6v6.

My first impressions are that all the maps are far too complex and maze like, perfect for campers and snipers. Can't string more than two kills together.

I can certainly see a lot of camping in this. I'm yet to try Cranked, which really promotes a run and gun approach, although, people bombing around a map like headless chickens will soon encourage a few corner campers to join in for some easy revenge seeking kills.

Played online for about an hour last night.

Tried squads first but soon got a little bored of that so jumped into FFA.

A couple of the games were a bit laggy but other than that, seemed to be ok. Can't remember the name of the map but it wasn't too big so the opportunity to shoot someone, or get shot, was never too far away.

I had forgotten how much I hate starting at rank 1 and having to work your way up to unlock the items that you want and trying out the weapons as you go along to see which suits your style the best.

• Upvote 1

You can see why they have made the maps so big.

It is to get people to buy the new consoles as you can have 9 vs 9 on them, but only 6 vs 6 on the current ones.

Was hoping you would be along soon to give me a hand. 

Really struggling to get kills at this stage. 

I've hatched a cunning plan.  I bought a copy of The Wagon by Dinosaur Jr on purple vinyl for £25.  If I can sell it for its market value (£65) then I will spend the profit on Ghosts.  It will take a couple of weeks for my plan to come to fruition. 

Some of the respawning is poor in the game, which really isn't excusable on some of the large maps.

Agreed. It is however early days, and I expect these minor annoyances to be ironed out in the next couple of patches. I also expect the patches to introduce some other annoying things, as is standard with CoD.

Loving this now.  Was struggling a little yesterday (had a 0.85 k/d ratio).

But since then I have put the silencer on my gun and it is making a massive difference as I am now off the radar.

• Upvote 1

Loving this now.  Was struggling a little yesterday (had a 0.85 k/d ratio).

But since then I have put the silencer on my gun and it is making a massive difference as I am now off the radar.

Silenced SMG, Off The Grid and Wiretap. A lot of Sat Coms being used at the moment, so the 2 perks are ideal at the moment.

Off The Grid hides you from enemy Sat Com, while Wiretap allows you access to all Sat Coms that are being used, friendly or enemy.

The silenced weapon obviosuly keeps you off the radar as well.

Takedown would be a nice perk to use with the above as well, if you had sufficient slots available.

Silenced SMG, Off The Grid and Wiretap. A lot of Sat Coms being used at the moment, so the 2 perks are ideal at the moment.

Off The Grid hides you from enemy Sat Com, while Wiretap allows you access to all Sat Coms that are being used, friendly or enemy.

The silenced weapon obviosuly keeps you off the radar as well.

Takedown would be a nice perk to use with the above as well, if you had sufficient slots available.

Yeah I am not bothering with a second weapon or lethal or tactical equipment, just going for perks.

• Upvote 1

How many squad members are people using? Are you concentrating on just 1, or are you spreading the SP & XP around multiple squad members?

I've got 3 squad members on the go. Going to need a shit load of squad points to unlock everything, which in turn means a shit load of ranking up, which takes longer than previous versions, or so it seems so far.

How many squad members are people using? Are you concentrating on just 1, or are you spreading the SP & XP around multiple squad members?

Just concentrating on one at the moment.  Didn't know I could spread them a round.

My squad is boss.  Played 20, won 17, lost 3.

I've scraped over 1.00 k/d this afternoon after loitering around 0.88 yesterday.

Struggling to get much in the way of kill streaks but I'm settling into it a bit more now.

TK, good luck on the dinosaur jr. plan. I've a couple of spots I've found which should serve us all.

Ps. Can't remember if you where a kyuss fan or not but I've been to see Vista Chino tonight, pretty much an hours Kyuss set and a few new songs, was absolutely brilliant. If they are playing down your way and you liked kyuss I would strongly recommend it.

What's this squads business? I haven't really looked up or read anything on this game.

I think I might buy it this weekend.

You no longer have 1 character to play as, and prestige x amount of times. Instead, you have up to 10 squad members that each have 2 prestige levels, giving you a possible 20 prestige levels in total.

Squads mode is like Combat Training from previous releases, You take control of your 6 man squad playing as 1 of the 6 squad members and play against other players' squads. You can play against other squads that are fully AI controlled, or it can be played against a squad led by another player and their AI squad members.

All squad points and XP earned in the squads mode can be taken into the multiplayer area, though XP earned using a specific squad member only counts for that squad member. Squad Points can be used with any squad member. (There is a per game XP cap in Squads mode - TDM in squads is 5 minutes or 50 kills, as opposed to 10 minutes or 75 kills in multiplayer).

If you unlock something with squad points for a squad member, then it is unlocked only for that member. If you switch your squad member, then you will need more squad points to unlock the item again, and again, and again, and again.... You get the idea, I hope...?

I've not really bothered with the squads thing other than when you suggested it the other day and when LFD mentioned it.

Effectively with the squad members it's just a load of extra load outs then really? You set up different members with a different upgrade paths?

Pretty much. Each of the default squads classes has a limited number of perks unlocked, as well as appropriate primary weapon(s).

I'm going to be jumping on for an hour or so at 11:00(ish).

I've found it to be very up and down so far. The spawn system does need a fair bit of work from my very early and brief sessions, and I've come a cropper on more than a few occassions with our old friend, lag compensation.

Still, very early days, and I'm hopeful that upcoming patches will smooth over these little bumps. I do like the feel of the game, it plays really smooth, much like MW2, so that can only be a good thing.

The spawn system does need a fair bit of work from my very early and brief sessions

In that last match we had this afternoon I was literally spawning then getting killed straight away, I couldn't even run into cover anywhere to try and get my bearings.

Just spawn, die, spawn, die over and over then suddenly at the end I went on a kill streak out of nowhere. 

• Upvote 1

The Clans stuff can only be accessed via the Ghosts App at present.

If you'd like to join the TLW_TNF clan, but don't yet have the app, then visit one of the following links.

Call of Duty - Android

Call of Duty - iOS

The app is not yet compatibe with all Android devices, so if you have problems installing or finding the app through the Play store, then you can use the below link to an APK.

Call of Duty - APK File

I had to use the APK to install the app on my Nexus 7. I was able to install the app from the Play store on my Xperia Z.