You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Allan

If I pre order this, will it arrive by post on the release date - 5 November?

It should do. I pre-ordered through Amazon, as I have a Prime account, so I expect my copies on release day.

You could always reserve a copy at your local Game, if they are still taking reservations.

It should do. I pre-ordered through Amazon, as I have a Prime account, so I expect my copies on release day.

You could always reserve a copy at your local Game, if they are still taking reservations.

Yeah I think I might do the latter, at least I know the copy will be there on the day.

Don't want the disappointment of it not arriving.

Yeah I think I might do the latter, at least I know the copy will be there on the day.

Don't want the disappointment of it not arriving.

I have no idea what the supermarkets are doing for this, as I'm sure that there will once again be a midnight release event.

In fact, just read that Game will be doing a midnight release (Scroll to just about the very bottom of this page) -  You might want to pop into your local soon to find out if they are still taking reservations...

I have no idea what the supermarkets are doing for this, as I'm sure that there will once again be a midnight release event.

In fact, just read that Game will be doing a midnight release (Scroll to just about the very bottom of this page) -  You might want to pop into your local soon to find out if they are still taking reservations...

Yeah, I want to get it on the days, won't be getting at at midnight though.

I'm keen, but not that keen!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure I'll "upgrade" from PS3 to PS4 for Ghosts.

The installation for Ghosts on the Next Gen consoles is rumoured to be around 50Gb! That's 10% of the HDD space. (Which you cannot upgrade on XBOne!)

For those interested, here's a "how to" from the US PlayStation Blog.

How to Upgrade Select PS3 Games to Their PS4 Versions

Update: Watch_Dogs has a new release date in 2014. Due to this scheduling change, it will not be included in the upgrade program at this time.

As announced during PlayStation’s Gamescom press conference, there will be a simple way to upgrade to the PS4 digital version of four select games, for a low discounted price, when you buy the PS3 version of those games. Here are the full specifics so you’re set for November 15th — click here for full step-by-step instructions.

Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag, Call of Duty: Ghosts, and Battlefield 4 are the supported titles for this program. When you buy the Blu-ray Disc or digital version of these select PS3 games, for a limited time, you will receive an entitlement to download a PS4 digital copy of the same game from PlayStation Store when it becomes available, at the discounted price of $9.99.

9810178165_62c462f731_m.jpg9810253913_e42042dfbf_m.jpg9810183574_411d9125cd_m.jpg

9806949176_2c44cfd5b3_m.jpg9806928764_5747305663_m.jpg9809969255_e0729f4293_m.jpg

Gamers who purchase a PS3 Blu-ray Disc of these four games will find a code packed into the PS3 version that they can redeem on PlayStation Store. To play the PS4 version of the game when it becomes available, you’ll need to insert the original PS3 disc in your PS4 to activate and play the PS4 version, so hang onto that PS3 disc!

Gamers who purchase the digital version of any of these four games will not need to redeem a code to receive their PS4 versions. When your PS4 arrives, just look for the PS4 version of the game on PlayStation Store – it will appear on PlayStation Store on your PS4 for the discounted price of $9.99. Just purchase it and start playing!

For those of you who purchase the PS3 disc version of the games, you do not need a PS4 system to redeem your code, so feel free to redeem it as soon as you pick up your PS3 copy — you can download your digital copy later when your PS4 arrives.

But don’t wait: This program lasts for a limited time. You’ll need to redeem your code and make the purchase before January 31st, 2014 (for Assassin’s Creed IV and Watch_Dogs), March 28th (for Battlefield 4), or March 31st (for Call of Duty: Ghosts) in order to participate.

• Upvote 1

I'm also having doubts about upgrading, as I'm unsure about the internal cross gaming between Current Gen and Next Gen consoles.

I've read comments saying that PS3 players will not be able to play against PS4 players, as PS4 players have to purchase PS+ to play online, making them "premium" players, for want of a better word.

Not sure what Xbox have up their sleeve with regard to cross play between 360 & XBOne players, as both parties have to pay to play online anyway.

The major difference as I see it right now, would be the frame rate. Current Gen consoles will probably only run the game at 30fps, with the Next Gen consoles running at 60fps - This will make a difference, how significant a diference, I don't know.

My pre order as yet hasn't been shipped by Amazon so I presume this one is going to be late like GTA5 was. I hope I'm wrong as I might have to work tomorrow morning so that would give me a good run tomorrow afternoon and evening with it.

Can't join the clan on Elite right now as they've suspended them for the time being, I'll be signed up asap tomorrow though. 

I'm considering a new head set as my PX21's are getting a bit tired now, not sure whether to just buy the same again or look at something a bit better.

I'm considering a new head set as my PX21's are getting a bit tired now, not sure whether to just buy the same again or look at something a bit better.

New headset sounds like a good idea, as it sounds like footsteps can be heard very clear on this new game, especially if you use the perk "amplify".

I will be getting this game tonight at midnight, going down to my local game store for it (I have pre ordered it to make sure they have it).

Also am I right in saying it doesn't matter which console you have Xbox and PS players can play together online?

Seems some people got early copies and this guy is one of them and has been talking about the game (the good and the bad):

New headset sounds like a good idea, as it sounds like footsteps can be heard very clear on this new game, especially if you use the perk "amplify".

Mine are still OK on volume, but the volume adjust for voice doesn't work. Much quicker just to turn it down than trying to mute people mid game. 

Once I get another I'll most likely dismantle it and see if I can replace the pot on it and use it on my old 60gig fat. 

My pre order as yet hasn't been shipped by Amazon so I presume this one is going to be late like GTA5 was. I hope I'm wrong as I might have to work tomorrow morning so that would give me a good run tomorrow afternoon and evening with it.

Can't join the clan on Elite right now as they've suspended them for the time being, I'll be signed up asap tomorrow though. 

My copy(ies) were shipped this afternoon, with the estimated delivery date being tomorrow, as I would expect.

I will be getting this game tonight at midnight, going down to my local game store for it (I have pre ordered it to make sure they have it).

Also am I right in saying it doesn't matter which console you have Xbox and PS players can play together online?

Seems some people got early copies and this guy is one of them and has been talking about the game (the good and the bad):

There's no cross network multiplayer, that would mean Microsoft and Sony allowing their direct competition, (each other), to have access to their networks. Not ever going to happen.

The closest to cross network that we'll likely see is what they are doing with Dust 514 on PS3 and EVE Online on PC.

Headsets are a must for CoD in my opinion, especially when partying up.

So long as my copy does turn up tomorrow, I'll be online on my brother's PS3 for a while during the morning/afternoon. (My PS3 is still in Spain, as is my headset and me Xbox).

There's no cross network multiplayer, that would mean Microsoft and Sony allowing their direct competition, (each other), to have access to their networks. Not ever going to happen.

What you say makes sense, not sure why I thought you could in this game.

What you say makes sense, not sure why I thought you could in this game.

It's the internal cross platform that I'm wondering about. Will current gen players be able to play alongside next gen players via Live or PSN? I've not seen anything official to say if this will be possible or not.

My copy(ies) were shipped this afternoon, with the estimated delivery date being tomorrow, as I would expect.

So long as my copy does turn up tomorrow, I'll be online on my brother's PS3 for a while during the morning/afternoon. (My PS3 is still in Spain, as is my headset and me Xbox).

I'm hoping it arrives. I just don't have much faith in the postal service / couriers and Amazon these days.

Working 8.00 till 12.30 tomorrow and I'm off tomorrow as I'm going to see Vista Chino so hopefully I can get some time in tomorrow afternoon and evening and during the day on Wednesday. 

And when I get my PS4 I'll be in the market for a decent headset, so keep me posted on that front!

The Turtle Beach PX21's are pretty good although I think they've been superceded now I can't comment on any of the more expensive ones.

Al has some more expensive ones and has probably done more experimenting than the rest of us.

Checked Amazon, despatched Royal Mail and has no tracking info. It will be Wednesday.