You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Geoguessr - cool game

rondeco

Guest ShoePiss
I can't be arsed moving about on it. The only thing I do is take a 360 degree look around. Which would explain why I haven't scored much over 10K.

That's the only way to play it I reckon, otherwise it's just a fucking google search and a bit pointless.

Guest ShoePiss

Haha well looking at some of the scores they're defo moving around, looking for sign posts etc and then googling.

Must be hard when it lands in Russia or the middle east haha

I had one where the signs were pointing to somewhere in Uruguay, ended up being in Brazil. Plenty of french signs lost me points being in Canada, not to mention the long straight signless roads going through australia.

Guest ShoePiss

Really?

geoguess_zps1966bb0f.jpg

I guessed the great barrier reef and it was 1000km away in the Tasman sea, south east of Brisbane.

Edit, I didn't zoom in enough when choosing my location haha. It was the great barrier reef.

Edited by ShoePiss

Must have a memory AND be vindictive.

Next game got 4 dead straight, featureless roads in the middle of nowhere -Louisiana bayous. outback Aussie and 2 in the Canadian tundra. The odd one out was a back alley in rural Russia.I'm off to purge my cache.....

Coolest one so far was on top of a mountain in Georgia.

I have also been dropped in the same place in Thailand twice.

Haven't been to Thailand yet but its dropped me in that back alley twice And Alberta is popular. Some of the US spots are terrible quality, cant even read road signs!.

Not a big difference in the score if you are kms out rather than metres.

Ihad a weird one in Norway. As you moved along the road it kept changing from mid winter snow to spring blossoms and back again

• 7 years later...

Yeah you have to sign up with an account and only get 1 free game a day. Possibly tempted to pay $2 a month for the full version but the country streak can take hours if you do well and overflow until the following day so probably won't bother.