You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

5 hours ago, Gruntfuttock said:

My Clematis opened up ! 

image.jpeg

They’re a bit blousey for me but they look great.

My brother in law has a theory that if it’s a slow start to the spring at some point everything decides it’s time to go and I think we’re in that moment 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

You’re doing well to get things started in may that far north. Gardening makes you very in touch with the seasons. 

We’ve had very small gardens and yardens before this. Blossom appeared on a tree here very early, much earlier than some quite near by. I like to think our garden has a micro climate all of its own…

• Upvote 1

Sorry to bore you all and hopefully the photies  stay in order….

Posted a photie a while back and we are moving forward - the red and white onions, the elephant garlic and normal garlic are coming in well. I’ll remove the covering g in a week or two.

Below that I have first earlier at the back coming on and the sweetcorn planted today. To the right I have king Eddies and Marris Pipers for later on in the year to come through.

Next one is last years king Eddies and Pak -Choi in the back, then a closer up image. I’ve put 2 rows of carrot seeds down in front , with anothe 2 to follow, and the rest will be Leeks and Fennel when they come out the green house.

next one is 5 types of toms growing well

after that my pride and joy , my cucumbers

and then all the stuff I’ll put out later - leeks, fennel, cauliflower, broccoli there’s chillis , rocket and basil, as well.

IMG_0700.jpeg

IMG_0701.jpeg

IMG_0703.jpeg

IMG_0704.jpeg

IMG_0705.jpeg

IMG_0706.jpeg

IMG_0707.jpeg

• Upvote 6

23 hours ago, Chip Butty said:

Sorry to bore you all and hopefully the photies  stay in order….

Posted a photie a while back and we are moving forward - the red and white onions, the elephant garlic and normal garlic are coming in well. I’ll remove the covering g in a week or two.

Below that I have first earlier at the back coming on and the sweetcorn planted today. To the right I have king Eddies and Marris Pipers for later on in the year to come through.

Next one is last years king Eddies and Pak -Choi in the back, then a closer up image. I’ve put 2 rows of carrot seeds down in front , with anothe 2 to follow, and the rest will be Leeks and Fennel when they come out the green house.

next one is 5 types of toms growing well

after that my pride and joy , my cucumbers

and then all the stuff I’ll put out later - leeks, fennel, cauliflower, broccoli there’s chillis , rocket and basil, as well.

IMG_0700.jpeg

IMG_0701.jpeg

IMG_0703.jpeg

IMG_0704.jpeg

IMG_0705.jpeg

IMG_0706.jpeg

IMG_0707.jpeg

Well in man - on the cukes, are you a pickler?

Posted on here before about making loads of tzatziki myself.

• Upvote 1

@Captain Willard

Young couple, haven’t had kids yet, though they have got about 6 or 7 yapping Pomeranian little ratty dogs, but deffo, 3 and in, will be the death of my crop in years to come.

@TheHowieLama

No fella, not pickling yet, it’s only my second year and I’m still in the amazed phase of disbelief that I’ve actually grown this thing!
I generally put it in salads, share with friends, plop them in gin or shove it up the wife.

obviously that’s not entirely true, I don’t drink gin. 

only thing I’ve pickled is onions, they were boss and I’ll certainly look into doing cucumbers - any decent sites to get ideas from?

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/05/2024 at 09:34, Section_31 said:

Is there such a thing as a garden vacuum for picking up leaves and what not but which aren't too strong that they also suck up your pebbles?

Yep- My neighbour has one. I often mutter about how lazy he is when he uses it whilst secretly actually wanting one myself   

• Upvote 1

Before the footy today, I was out early to get the bed ready for Cauliflower and Broccoli. Need to protect properly due to bastard Butterflies. Cunts the lot of them. Wasps are ace, btw. 

As ever, sorry to bore you with it all. Thought I’d just throw it out there. 

IMG_0795.jpeg

IMG_0796.jpeg

IMG_0797.jpeg

IMG_0799.jpeg

IMG_0800.jpeg

IMG_0801.jpeg

IMG_0802.jpeg

IMG_0804.jpeg