You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

16 minutes ago, No2 said:

My grass is fucked from the dog shitting, pissing and generally wrecking it. I'm away for a couple of weeks at the end of the month and was thinking I'd try do something to take advantage of the dog being away from it. Anyone have experience with this or is it just the case of my garden will forever be a shithole.

16552129964803127089431926673664.jpg

Cover it in grass seed and compost and properly drench it before you go. The dog’s piss contains too much nitrogen for the grass to handle and the recent lack of rain has made the problem much worse becuase it is not being washed away. Ours is terrible. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Cover it in grass seed and compost and properly drench it before you go. The dog’s piss contains too much nitrogen for the grass to handle and the recent lack of rain has made the problem much worse becuase it is not being washed away. Ours is terrible. 

Turn it into a wildflower meadow 

4 hours ago, No2 said:

My grass is fucked from the dog shitting, pissing and generally wrecking it. I'm away for a couple of weeks at the end of the month and was thinking I'd try do something to take advantage of the dog being away from it. Anyone have experience with this or is it just the case of my garden will forever be a shithole.

16552129964803127089431926673664.jpg

Nah, you're fucked.

Flag it.

1 hour ago, Dave D said:

Bought a cherry tree on impulse for a fiver that they had outside Tesco last year. Stuck it in a pot and its only gone and produced the goods

IMG_6952.JPG

Brilliant. That looks fabulous.

I was a bit like that with my grape vine. I bought it for the leaves and never thought for a minute that it would produce actual grapes. I only wish now I’d had a bit more faith and bought a seedless variety. The grapes are really sweet but are made almost inedible they’re so full of pips 

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Champ said:

Brilliant. That looks fabulous.

I was a bit like that with my grape vine. I bought it for the leaves and never thought for a minute that it would produce actual grapes. I only wish now I’d had a bit more faith and bought a seedless variety. The grapes are really sweet but are made almost inedible they’re so full of pips 

I wish I had kept some kind of label- I assume they are going to be edible cherries!

I bought an apple tree at same time but that keeps getting black fly eat all the leaves   

41 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Great looking tree there DD.

Added Carolina Reapers this year. Supposedly the hottest pepper in the world. 

"Don't touch it, don't even look at it."

Nigel Tufnel

PXL_20220615_140842058.jpg

They look evil things!!!

46 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Great looking tree there DD.

Added Carolina Reapers this year. Supposedly the hottest pepper in the world. 

"Don't touch it, don't even look at it."

Nigel Tufnel

PXL_20220615_140842058.jpg

Tell me what you do with chillies that hot.

A friend gave me some they’d grown last year. They were so hot I had no idea what to do with them

15 minutes ago, Champ said:

Tell me what you do with chillies that hot.

A friend gave me some they’d grown last year. They were so hot I had no idea what to do with them

We have a bunch of different peppers - this one I grew just to say I did it. Way too hot to do anything with, I give them to a couple guys I know from the Caribbean. There is a two year old Ghost pepper plant there as well.

Got a ton of habaneros and scotch bonnets, those I have pickled and they are good. I wanted to have 10 varieties this year so also added banana peppers. Delicious these are - have sweet and hot strains.

I do roast then dry and crush Serranos and use them alot and also make Tabasco sauce. Not really a fan of super spicy stuff tbh.

PXL_20220615_154040553.MP.jpg

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Has anyone in the Liverpool area had any composite decking fitted and can recommend anyone? Contacted about 15 people in the last few weeks and nobody has responded. lazy bastards. 

I don't know if there's a huge demand or something but tradesmen are worse than ever at the moment. Any smaller jobs and you may as well learn from YouTube as the fuckers will ghost you once they realise it's not a full house reno. 

I've been after a plumber for about three weeks now to move a radiator and zero response. 

1 minute ago, Bot said:

I don't know if there's a huge demand or something but tradesmen are worse than ever at the moment. Any smaller jobs and you may as well learn from YouTube as the fuckers will ghost you once they realise it's not a full house reno. 

I've been after a plumber for about three weeks now to move a radiator and zero response. 

Tradesmen in my experience only think about now and not after, given cost of living crisis and all that, a lot of work will dry up in the next couple of years so you'd think they'd be better at at least replying to people and keeping them on side. 

Something is pooing in my garden- too big to be a rodent, cant be a cat as have never seen a cat in our garden in 10 years. I cant see how a fox would get in and why it would keep coming back just to have a dump.

Mysterious hole in flower bed next to fence suggests Mole or Badger maybe (inserts thinking emoji)

Unless its the Mrs   

37 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Something is pooing in my garden- too big to be a rodent, cant be a cat as have never seen a cat in our garden in 10 years. I cant see how a fox would get in and why it would keep coming back just to have a dump.

Mysterious hole in flower bed next to fence suggests Mole or Badger maybe (inserts thinking emoji)

Unless its the Mrs   

Sounds like fox. Pics or GTFO or whatever it is

54 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Unless its the Mrs   

Are you dating Amber Heard?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dave D said:

Unless its the Mrs   

FUCKING BADGER!!!

• Upvote 2