You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

46 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I'd have built a patio instead. The bobbies will take longer to recover bodies from under concrete and you could escape quicker.

They wont need the police , the cadaver beagles will be in there as soon as Kurtzy turns his back.

Cant finish me path off cos the fucking duck is back in the fucking plant pot I told the old girl to fucking shift!

She's been on the nest for about 14 days so I reckon we have another 14 to go before we get chicks again. Bit sad she lost all the first 14 she had, must be that fucking heron snaffling crispy duck chicks. I wring it's fucking neck if I can catch it.

16 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Put up a shed on my allotment in front of an audience of beagles.  Actually got a blister from hammering nails. Feel like a real AB9E8F32-79E4-4E8B-8120-4BF8B9E298F7.jpegman tonight. The more astute of you may notice the door is upside down but fuck it. 

A bit late now but was there a reason for not building the shed on some paving and having some hard standing surrounding it?

9 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Cant finish me path off cos the fucking duck is back in the fucking plant pot I told the old girl to fucking shift!

She's been on the nest for about 14 days so I reckon we have another 14 to go before we get chicks again. Bit sad she lost all the first 14 she had, must be that fucking heron snaffling crispy duck chicks. I wring it's fucking neck if I can catch it.

I had some ducks walk through our garden the other day. Big commotion and magpies got at least one. 

9 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

There is paving underneath and in front of the door. Thanks 

Did that sound arsey? It wasn’t meant to. That said your climate is normally a lot drier than ours. Paving would be essential here

On 04/05/2021 at 11:59, YorkshireRed said:

One of the new trees has its first blossom. Yet to be planted in its final position.

It’ll look great in twenty years. Hopefully I won’t be dead. 

DDE03237-6B36-4F8F-9BB4-B026A882E721.jpeg

What tree is it?

I picked up 2 fruit trees for £10 in Tesco of all places- after protecting them from the frost all winter they are coming along nicely.

PS- Did you fall off of your bike? 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Dave D said:

What tree is it?

I picked up 2 fruit trees for £10 in Tesco of all places- after protecting them from the frost all winter they are coming along nicely.

PS- Did you fall off of your bike? 

This one is a flowering cherry tree. It already blossoming nicely in its new spot.

It’s the wife’s old bike that she’s turned into a garden feature. It had been a victim of the Yorkshire gales when the photo was taken. 

2 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Sat in my garden with a coffee and a pint of water with ice. Birds singing and the sun shining. I know my grass needs doing. I know my ferns need cutting  back more this winter.  Think the dog has stole a sock and left it on the law. Fucking hell this is glorious. 

From a shitty, tiny yard to this. 

20210601_093023.jpg

I’ll give you that the grass could do with cutting (although I know there’s a strong movement towards letting it grow for wildlife) but those ferns against the decking look fab.

I love the architectural quality of ferns and the shadows that they cast. I’ve planted a few different varieties this year and can’t wait to see how they develop

30 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Sorry/Not Sorry for showing off but the front garden looks the business when the sun has its hat on.

59AA531D-0E92-4BD6-9CC2-3625B5CB57A2.jpeg

Yup - very nice.

I've said it before, but compliments to the wife. She keeps a very neat and tidy bush.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Sat in my garden with a coffee and a pint of water with ice. Birds singing and the sun shining. I know my grass needs doing. I know my ferns need cutting  back more this winter.  Think the dog has stole a sock and left it on the law. Fucking hell this is glorious. 

20210601_093023.jpg

PD - I'd start thinking about planting a couple of trees along the back fence to block the neighbour's view. Maybe even a hedge ?

Got up this morning to find Tilly Floss had hatched her brood and was looking for a way out of the garden. Took an age to get her to go the right way to the gate then get them across the road to the pond.

Hopefully one or two make it this time and arent snaffled as a quick meal by t the heron, gulls and foxes.

Duck2.jpg

• Upvote 4

On 01/06/2021 at 09:46, Paulie Dangerously said:

20210601_093023.jpg

Looking great PD! Great job. Get yourself a nice cigar to enjoy in that chair. You can't beat a nice Monte Cristo number 4 after a BBQ in your own back garden.

BTW those fence panels are good spaces to grow stuff. You can get some pots which hang over them. Here's some I shoved up my back passage...down the side of the house...

image.png

...or you could have a look at espalier fruit trees. These can look ace they can be grown as fans which look great too. Here's one I did this year...it's hard to see against the bricks with it being such a young tree - but I am hoping it will fill out nicely.

image.png

Fan or espalier would look great against your fences....here's some guidance - for anyone interested.

Also a trellis can help grow some cool shaped stuff. Here's one with Thunbergia and ivy...

image.png

Doesn't have to expensive. I made this one out of willow cane...

image.png

Anyway - I am no pro - just passing on some stuff that might give you ideas to use the space you have available...if it's not your taste then just ignore.

• Upvote 5

On 04/06/2021 at 13:46, Jennings said:

Looking great PD! Great job. Get yourself a nice cigar to enjoy in that chair. You can't beat a nice Monte Cristo number 4 after a BBQ in your own back garden.

BTW those fence panels are good spaces to grow stuff. You can get some pots which hang over them. Here's some I shoved up my back passage...down the side of the house...

image.png

...or you could have a look at espalier fruit trees. These can look ace they can be grown as fans which look great too. Here's one I did this year...it's hard to see against the bricks with it being such a young tree - but I am hoping it will fill out nicely.

image.png

Fan or espalier would look great against your fences....here's some guidance - for anyone interested.

Also a trellis can help grow some cool shaped stuff. Here's one with Thunbergia and ivy...

image.png

Doesn't have to expensive. I made this one out of willow cane...

image.png

Anyway - I am no pro - just passing on some stuff that might give you ideas to use the space you have available...if it's not your taste then just ignore.

Looks ace mate! Going to put my own stamp on the garden soon. Want a bit of a veg patch. My mate has given me a tomato plant, green beans, cabbages and brocoli which I've got in various pots about. I'd love a raised bed so might look at building one for next spring. 

• Upvote 1